Is this normal? FD

harveym
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Contacted FD today and asked for the details of my charges. They gave me Roberts address and full name to write to. Now after the call i thought 'Opps, how much will it cost if anything to get the statements?' so i called back and spoke to another rep in C/S. I explained what i wanted and asked if there would be a charge. He advised me not to bother asking for the statements and told me just to write a formal letter advising that i wished to have all charges refunded.

He said to send it in and it would be dealt with without the statements ' We have all the information' he said. He also wished me good luck on getting the charges refunded.......i know, but he did sound genuine.

Well, i sent the first letter from the site and did include the details of my calls with both people. Will wait to see what sort or reply i receive.

Has anyone else had this sort of treatment? Are they now just bypassing the whole rigmarole of the statements and just offering settlements out right?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

My concern would be that if they have "all the information" regarding your charges but you don't, and you do as he suggested and leave it to them to refund the charges, how would you know whether they had in fact refunded everything you were entitled to?

The most they can charge you for all your statements if you send in a Subject Access Request under the DPA is £10 which seems to me a small price to pay to ensure you find out exactly what they owe you.

My attitude may be overly cynical, and the individual you spoke to may well have been genuine, but for what it's worth I'd suggest doing it by the book just in case.

If I've helped, please tick the scales at the bottom left of this message!

17th Sept: Found this site! :)

Lloyds TSB

22 Sept: Subject Access Req.

3 Nov: statements arrived. Charges calulated at:

A/c 1 - £2,178.01 + int of £1,206.54 (18.4% authorised)

A/c 2 - £206.11 + int of £211.07 (18.4%)

7 Nov - prelim.

3 Dec - LBA

13 Dec - £750 offered

23 Dec - £750 credited

28 Dec - rejection letter

2 March - issued

16 April - complained at court failure to forward defence

Halifax

22nd September: Subject Access Request.

4th November: No reply so LBA giving 7 days.

Cap One

22nd September: Subject Access Req.

5th October: Letter saying no record of account!

15th October: Replied telling them to try harder...

22nd October: Subject Access Req acknowledged.

Harvey,

I would suggest sending the standard letter from this site requesting details of all the charges levied against your account in the last xx years (upto 6) and include a £10 data protection fee (I actually got this back). I'm of the opinion of doing everything as suggested on this site. Better to have all the info in writing.

I afirm that. Follow the procedures they have worked for lots of people. Unless you are a lawer and think you have a better route. If you don't you might get tripped up big time.

Egg Data Protection Act Statements arrived. On hold.

Halifax - Moneyclaim £3100

Amex to Remove Default - acknowledged didn't issue correct documents - default removed :) . £135 paid in full without Court

I'm on a roll now :rolleyes:

Harvey, for goodness sake get the 6 years worth of statements.

Otherwise you will be fobbed off with a fraction of the charges and absolutely none of the interest. Read all the threads about how FD responds and offers a fraction of what people are claiming - you will end up with a fraction of the fraction!!! :-o

They send you your tenner back so just get on and write the SAR Letter and get the last 6 years statements.

First Direct

DP Letter - 9/8/06

Prelim for £1953.35 - 26/8/06

Ack. rcvd. promising contact within 10 working days - 1/9/6

LBA - 11/9/6

Offer of £1323.00 as full & final settlement - 14/9/6. Rejected

Agreed to counter offer of £1800 - 20/9/6 :D

Capital One

DP letter - 3/8/06

Ack. rcvd. promising further contact 25/8/6

Prelim for £1019.18 - 12/9/6

Offer of £198 - 21/9/6. Rejected once I stopped laughing.

LBA - 21/9/6

Thanks for all of your feedback.

I have looked through at home and I have found all of my bank statements since I joined them 31 Months ago.

I have copied all of the sheets with charges and have calculated my running total which is just shy of £800.

I shall now wait and see what they come back with.....will keep you updated.

Oh, Also.... I have just dug out my statements from Lloyds....can i send these back and for the charges back? Have from 2000 - 2004. Only about £300 in charges but is it worth sending the letter to them?

Thanks guys!

Just to update you.....

Received a letter from FD yesterday offering £400. This is without me providing statements, asking for lists of charges, they have offered straight off. What should mi do next? Not take it and send 2nd letter and ask for full amount? Advice would be great, cheers.

Still waiting for Lloyds to come back to me.