• Tweets

• Thank you for your reply, DX! I was not under the impression that paying it off would remove it from my file. My file is already trashed so it would make very little difference to any credit score. I am not certain if I can claim compensation for a damaged credit score though. Or for them reporting incorrect information for over 10 years? The original debt has been reported since 2013 as an EE debt even though they had sold it in 2014. It appears to be a breach of the Data Protection Act 1998 Section 13 and this all should have come to a head when I paid the £69 in September 2022, or so I thought. The £69 was in addition to the original outstanding balance and not sent to a DCA. Even if I had paid the full balance demanded by the DCA back in 2014 then the £69 would still have been outstanding with EE. If it turns out I have no claim then so be it. Sometimes there's not always a claim if there's blame. The CRA's will not give any reason for not removing it. They simply say it is not their information and refer me to EE. More to the point EE had my updated details since 2022 yet failed to contact me. I have been present on the electoral roll since 2012 so was traceable and I think EE have been negligent in reporting an account as in payment arrangement when in fact it had been sold to a DCA. In my mind what should have happened was the account should have been defaulted before it was closed and sold to the DCA who would then have made a new entry on my credit file with the correct details. However, a further £69 of charges were applied AFTER it was sent to the DCA and it was left open on EE systems. The account was then being reported twice. Once with EE as open with a payment arrangement for the £69 balance which has continued since 2013 and once with the DCA who reported it as defaulted in 2014 and it subsequently dropped off and was written off by the DCA, LOWELL in 2021. I am quite happy for EE to place a closed account on my credit file, marked as satisfied. However, it is clear to me that them reporting an open account with payment arrangement when the balance is £0 and the original debt has been written off is incorrect? Am I wrong?
    • OMG! I Know! .... someone here with a chance to sue Highview for breach of GDPR with a very good chance of winning, I was excited reading it especially after all the work put in by site members and thinking he could hammer them for £££'s and then, the OP disappeared half way through. Although you never know the reason so all I can say is I hope the OP is alive and well regardless. I'd relish the chance to do them for that if they breached my GDPR.
    • The streaming giant also said it added 9.3 million subscribers in the first three months of the year.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SCM, Lloyds credit card and CCJ***PPI paid out in full***

nunnyrose
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3016 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think this is bit like closing the stable door after the horse has bolted but hey ho!

in brief, credit card I haven't paid anything on since beginning of this year.

SCM/Lloyds took me to court in August, I didn't defend so Judgement for Claimant ordering a monthly payment that I can't afford so haven't been paying.

Meanwhile SAR sent to Lloyds in September, info due next week. This hasn't been acknowledged by Lloyds, and track and trace can't give me delivery details but I do know it has been received.

Letter from SCM now observing I'm not making regular payments and therefore instructed to enforce Judgement Order by either Warrant of Execution, Attachment of Earnings or Charging Order.

Once I get the requested info I know this credit card had PPI (I'm self employed) my claim will more than cover this debt.

Is there anyway that I can delay any action without applying to the court for a set aside ?

It's purely my own fault for not dealing with it at the time. I have no available funds to pay for a set aside.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you not have a copy of the agreement when they took you to court originally ?

That would have shown if PPI was attached at inception. If it is likely that it was added at a later date, then yes, you need the SAR data.

What date do they need to respond by for the SAR.. you just say September!. They must comply within 40 calendar days.

You can check with the Post office on.. 01246 542091 to see if your postal order has been cashed. You will need the receipt you obtained with the postal order.. If you are advised it has been cashed. Ask if they would be kind enough to confirm in writing :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi CitizenB and thanks for your interest.

No, I didn't have a copy of original agreement - I didn't go to court

old card, probably started early 90's and cant remember if PPI was from start or added later. SAR'd for all, everything to included personal and business accounts and credit card accounts and loan accounts - I've got a lot of claims going on :)

SAR sent 13/11 so 23/11 is D day

Postal order cashed 20/11

Sorry, been offline for a couple of days as phone cut off!

its quite possible that a new agreement was necessary but nothing I can really do at this stage I suppose other than wait for the SAR to arrive.

have written to SCM for CCA just to try and stall for a bit. Don't know if it will make any diff. at this late stage in the game but I figure a few letters back and forth can't do any harm :)

Ok, so today I received a letter from Lloyds re SAR.

They say my letter has been passed to them from Data Subject Access request team in Scottish Widows ????????????????

asking me for another £10 as Scottish Widows have used my original payment for SAR to them.

I didn't send SAR to SW, I sent it to Lloyds, letter was addressed to lloyds and postal order was made payable to Lloyds

I'm fuming :mad2:

do you think this is a delay tactic ? I'm penning a stern letter of response

anyone got any thoughts on the above ?

This is the letter I'm just about to send:-

Today I have received your letter regarding my request for information under the Data Protection Act 1998.

• My request was to Lloyds TSB Bank Plc, and not Scottish Widows.

• My payment of £10 was a crossed postal order made payable to Lloyds TSB.

• The security of a crossed postal order is that it can only be paid into the payee’s bank account.

• This postal order was cashed on 20th September 2011.

• I have not requested any information from Scottish Widows.

• I have confirmation that my recorded delivery letter of 31st August reached your offices on or around 15th September 2011.

• The Data Protection Act 1998 allows 40 days from the date you received my payment.

• The 40 days will expire on or around 25th October 2011.

For your clarification, I enclose a copy of my original request.

That sums it up accurately and hopefully they will now get their fingers out and provide the information requested.

Scottish Widows.. that is Insurance isnt it ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As part of the Lloyds Banking Group, Scottish Widows is proud to be an Official Provider of the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Scottish Widows plc. Registered in Scotland No.199549. Registered Office in the UK at 69 Morrison Street, Edinburgh EH3 8YF. Tel: 0131 655 6000. Scottish Widows plc is a member of the Scottish Widows and Lloyds TSB Marketing Group, members of which carry on the business and services associated with life assurance, pensions and investments. Scottish Widows plc acts as the processing and paying agent for Scottish Widows Annuities Ltd. Scottish Widows plc is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority (FSA Reg.No. 191517).

BCOBS

I would agree with you, I am still puzzling how they can pass on the postal order which when crossed, is actually treated like a cheque and cant be cashed by a third party!!

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

just noticed the dates above, should read 23/10 as D day duh!

anyway, update

I haven't had a reply from my last letter sent to Lloyds.

I also wrote to SCM and haven't had a reply from them either.

I have however received a letter from the court saying bailiff will be arriving shortly to assess which goods are to be removed.....

I think I can deal with the bailiff but just about to send another letter to lloyds pointing out non compliance of SAR.

:-( having a low day, hate living like this

• 8 months later...

First a quick update -

Finally got SAR paperwork in April 2012, originally requested in August last year! and as expected it was incomplete so" failed" letter duly sent.

I got statements for CC only going back to 2000 (with a few missing)

I also received a copy of original CCA showing PPI had been selected by them, not me - even though they knew I was self employed.

So claim sent with spreadsheet and questionaire.

I was a bit confused as to which spready to use so I did all 3 ; CISheet v101, FosCISheet v101(1) and FosRunningPPI v101 (1)

as expected all 3 came out with different figures so thought I would be cheeky and send my highest calculation and let them prove me wrong.

Fast forward, today I have received an offer lower than even my lowest calculation. I honestly don't know if I've got it wrong or they're still cheating me.

Any advice on how I can check this before I continue any further

Also, can I accept their offer as part payment and continue to fight if necessary as I am in true hardship ? btw, I don't have to sign anything to accept, they say they are just going to send me payment within 28 days.

And is there anything I can do re the CCJ for this?

Thanks in advance

ooer, I dont know - I will flag your post for one of the PPI guys :)

BCOBS

Hi

Dropping in as requested by CB to look at the PPI bit.

You say you have statements going back to 2000....is that the start of the account?

Are they actually copy statements or is is a transaction history?

How many months statements are missing?

When was the account terminated?

ims

Looks like they are holding off on the CCJ due to the PPI complaint, that can be dealt with as a separate issue though.Dealing with the AoE may be more prominent and realistic than even considering to set a side the CCJ.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1971/32 see sections 9 &10

Application to Vary an Attachment of Earnings (N244) If you find that you can't afford to keep up with the installments because of a change in your circumstances, you can apply to 'vary' the order. This will involve filling in the above Application Notice giving details of your new circumstances, which the court will use to decide whether to change or even suspend the previously granted attachment of earnings.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks guys :)

ims -

account started 03/1999

statements sent 01/2000 so 10 months missing from start and then 3 or 4 missing at different intervals so not hard to estimate.

Jan 2009 statement shows account charged off

last payment made was feb 2009 and no statements from that day onwards. ( and btw, my offer of marriage still stands from one of my many other threads :lol:)

Andy - yes I'm sure you're right, hardly any action been taken re ccj since I requested my SAR, only 1 DCA trying to collect but I dealt with them swiftly. Interestingly, amongst my sar info was a note from the court to LSTB saying I was no longer at current address ! not sure where that came from. anyway I think this issue can wait for now as PPI claim is my priority :???:

Thanks guys :)

ims -

account started 03/1999

statements sent 01/2000 so 10 months missing from start and then 3 or 4 missing at different intervals so not hard to estimate.

Jan 2009 statement shows account charged off

last payment made was feb 2009 and no statements from that day onwards. ( and btw, my offer of marriage still stands from one of my many other threads :lol:)

I'm blushing again!

Ok so your best bet would be to use the fosCIsheet. Use the rate they were charging you on the card (or the average of it changed) and set the "Claim To" date as being Jan 2009 when the account was charged off. That is when they would have stopped charging you interest on the account.

Take that resultant figure and pop it into this statutory interest calculator. There will just be a one line entry in this...the date of charge should be the date of charge off in 2009 and the claim to date should be the date of settlement of the claim. the amount is the full amount as calculated by the fosCIsheet.

What does the statutory interest sheet then show as its total and is it close to the figure offered by them?