MBNA RESULT!!!! How I did it!

tasadin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6420 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guys, thanks to you and a little more effort I appear as though I will get a result from MBNA and something extra!!

I had problems with Rachel Claridge Customer Advocate Dept Manager MBNA and gettting my S.A.R - (Subject Access Request), in that they only supplied a list of charges not full statements but also threw me 10 left by supplying a cheque for £210 as full and final settlement in the same letter as my list of charges. I sent the other Data Protection Act Letters as per the forums but heard nothing back and thought I would ring Gareth Tunnicliffe today before commencing court action just to ensure the letters had arrived and give them one last chance over the phone to say that they would send the statements.

Gareth explained that it would take 10 days to get the statements sorted and that he was more than happy to do that but if I was content that the list of charges supplied was correct as it is stripped directly from their data base then he would arrange for a cheque to be sent on Monday after he calls me again to confirm exactly how much the refund is.

P.S. I must stress that I don't claim this is the way that a claim should be done, people must follow the laid down procedures in the forum!! I just thought people would want to know about the interest charges and that MBNA were very keen to sort the issue as swiftly as possible - think we may be taking up lots of their time and they are feeling it!!

He is refunding my total charges back to 2003 when I opened the account at base £420 charges + interest at 24.9% from the date of each charge plus compound interest on the charges as they apply that on the statement as well. I think it comes in at over £600 I am getting back but can't fathom the exact figure myself. :D

Oh and the above is without even a prelim letter or anything sent yet - think I have been lucky!!:D

I feel like its a real result. Kudos to Gareth for taking the bull by the horns and he is well worth speaking to to resolve your issue early.

Can't thank people enough for their help on here just gotta sort Lloyds now. Once I get my cheque I will make a donation!!!:cool:

I received a letter from Rachel Claridge today and it contained a list of charges that had been put on my account. They came to quite a lot of money. I have sent her a reply today asking for the charges to be refunded. As you said you had a slight problem with her - could you expand on that?

Thanks.

Bevo after the initial letter when she sent the charges I persued her for full statements and never heard anything back from her, even after the court action letter over the data protection act. Hence why I went straight to Gareth today .. the impression I got from him although not in so many words was that she should have replied if she had recieved the letters and there is no reason to beleive she didn't but that she would get a rocket up her ass. I would go straight to Gareth either by phone, email or letter or all three. I beleive you may get the best result. As I put in my post I hadnt even sent a prelim asking for the charges refunded yet, I was just after full statements but he agreed on the phone to refund the lot. As I put though it may be I just got lucky!!

Hope it works out for you!!