• Tweets

• dx, As requested:   Queries are made in red. Date of Statement: xx December 2019 Claim Number: XXXXXX Between: UK CAR Park Management Limited and XXXXXXX   1.    It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of XXXX XXX.   2.    It is denied that the Claimant entered into a contract with the Defendant. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was simply contracted by the landowner to provide car-park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the carpark is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. Accordingly, it is denied that the Claimant has authority to bring this claim. The proper Claimant is the landowner. How do I check who the landowner is?   3.    If there was a contract, it is denied that the parking charge is incorporated into the contract. As per Thornton v Shoe Lane Parking [1971] 2 QB 163, the relevant term must be made known before a contract was formed. Here, the charge was not incorporated into the contract because [explain] – I assumed this means no contract was agreed?   4.    The amount is a penalty, and the penalty rule is still engaged, so can be clearly distinguished from ParkingEye v Beavis which the Judges held was 'entirely different' from most ordinary economic contract disputes for the following reasons:-   a)    The Claimant has no commercial justification b)    The Claimant did not follow the BPA Code of Practice, allowing a MINIMUM grace period of 10 minutes. c)    The Claimant is not the landowner and suffers no loss whatsoever as a result of a vehicle parking at the location in question d)    The amount claimed is a charge and evidently disproportionate to any loss suffered by the Claimant and is therefore unconscionable. e)    The Court of Appeal for the Beavis case made a clear reference to the fact that their decision was NOT relevant to pay-per-hour type car parks.   5.    A parking ticket was purchased. However, after much difficulty. The Defendant made several attempts to initially pay for parking via telephone and the indicated telephone-based application, which were both declined by the claimant’s system of payment. The Defendant was attending a Drug and Alcohol (D&A) test based on the conditions of a new employer. The delay in obtaining a parking ticket caused significant delay. The Defendant was late to the appointment and was not permitted to leave the test until indicated by the examiner. Options made available to extend parking durations remotely did not function. Please refer to Attachment 1 – an email of complaint sent on the said day of apparent contravention (12th March 2018). My own wording. Is this ok?   6.    The Particulars of Claim is denied in its entirety. It is denied that the Claimant is entitled to the relief claimed or any relief at all.  
    • send the new company an sar specifically asking for all the data they received from Solarplicity dx
    • I will scan up some documents, if anyone could please check over them for me and let me know if my assumptions are correct.
    • The link given in my previous  post has been updated. (ensure to have a good read and check the links given)   READ MORE HERE: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/thomas-cook-information-for-customers-employees-creditors-and-shareholders
    • Hi   With sending a Subject Access Request (SAR) make sure and ask for 'ALL DATA' this covers everything no matter what format they hold that data in whether it be telephone recordings, emails, online etc.   Also make sure and specifically ask for the data they have removed from your online account
  • Our picks

postggj

Trying to get hold of the white book civil procedure volume 1 sweet and maxwell

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2965 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

as stated

i am trying to locate this book

amazon seem out of stock

THE WHITE BOOK-CIVIL PROCEDURE VOLUME 1 (SWEET AND MAXWELL)

ANY LINKS WOULD BE GREAT

MANY THANKS

Hi post

If this is what I think it is, the book is a rather large 2 volume tome. Most firms of solicitors and barristers chambers would buy ONE or possibly TWO copies depending on how flush they are. It is quite expensive.

Local libraries don't stock it but have you tried the law library at your nearest university. They may allow you access to read the reference copy, especially out of term when there would be less pressure on the library. I asked my old uni library and they sent me an access card even though ut nearly 20 years since I was there and I didn't study law.

Arrow Global/MBNA - Discontinued and paid costs

HFO/Morgan Stanley (Barclays) - Discontinued and paid costs

HSBC - Discontinued and paid costs

Nationwide - Ran for cover of stay pending OFT case 3 yrs ago

RBS/Mint - Nothing for 4 yrs after S78 request

as i am the legal and medical secretary for my branch, this book can be purchased for the branch at trade price

thats if i can get it authorised

i think it is in the region £400 off the shelf for the average punter

You tried the publishers website or calling them?

There's one on ebay - Item number: 260864558046

Not exactly cheap, but both volumes and ends tonight with no bids as yet.

Gez

Civil Procedure 2007 Volume 1, The White Book Service,

£58.41

110750760173 ebay

just ordered it

many thanks

Civil Procedure 2007 Volume 1, The White Book Service,

£58.41

110750760173 ebay

just ordered it

many thanks

I know you've already ordered it but you can buy the 2011 version here...

http://www.sweetandmaxwell.co.uk/whitebook/order-today.htm

The 2007 version will be useful but is quite out of date now.