• Tweets

• I've looked through all our old NPE threads, and as far as we know they have never had the bottle to do court. There are no guarantees of course, but when it comes to put or shut up they definitely tend towards shut up. How about something like -   Dear Jonathan and Julie, Re: PCN no.XXXXX cheers for your Letter Before Claim.  I rolled around on the floor in laughter at the idea that you actually expected me to take this tripe seriously and cough up. I'll write to you not some uninterested third party, thanks all the same, because you have are the ones trying to threaten me about this non-existent "debt". Go and look up Jopson v Homeguard Services Ltd, saddos.  Oh, while you're at it, go and look up your Subject Access Request obligations - we all know how you ballsed that up way back in January to March. Dear, dear, dear - you couldn't resist adding your £70 Unicorn Food Tax, you greedy gets.  Judges don't like these made-up charges, do they? You can either drop this foolishness now or get a hell of a hammering in court.  Both are fine with me.  Summer is coming up and I would love a holiday at your expense after claiming an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g). I look forward to your deafening silence.   That should show them you're not afraid of them and draw their attention to their having legal problems of their own with the SAR.  If they have any sense they'll crawl back under their stone and leave you in peace.  Over the next couple of days invest in a 2nd class stamp (all they are worth) and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office.
    • Yes that looks fine. It is to the point. I think somewhere in the that the you might want to point out that your parcel had been delivered but clearly had been opened and resealed and the contents had been stolen
    • Hi All, I just got in from work and received a letter dated 24 April 2024. "We've sent you a Single Justice Procedure notice because you have been charged with an offence, on the Transport for London Network." "You need to tell us whether you are guilty or not guilty. This is called making your plea."
    • Okay please go through the disclosure very carefully. I suggest that you use the technique broadly in line with the advice we give on preparing your court bundle. You want to know what is there – but also very importantly you want to know what is not there. For instance, the email that they said they sent you before responding to the SAR – did you see that? Is there any trace of of the phone call that you made to the woman who didn't know anything about SAR's? On what basis was the £50 sent to you? Was it unilateral or did they offer it and you accepted it on some condition? When did they send you this £50 cheque? Have you banked it? Also, I think that we need to start understanding what you have lost here. Have you lost any money – and if so how much? Send the SAR to your bank as advised above
    • In anticipation of lodging my court claim next Weds 1 May (14 days after advising P2G that was my deadline for them to settle my claim) I have completed my first draft POC as below: Claim Claim number: xxxxx Reference: P2G MAY 2024   Claimant xxxxx   Defendant Parcel2Go 1A Parklands Lostock Bolton BL6 4SD  Particulars of Claim The defendant has failed to arrange for the safe delivery of the claimant's parcel containing a 8 secondhand golf clubs (valued at £265) that was sent to a UK address using their delivery service (P2G Reference xxxxx). The defendant contracted Evri to deliver the parcel (Evri Reference xxxxx) and refuses to reimburse the claimant on the grounds that the claimant did not purchase their secondary insurance contract. The defendant seeks to exclude their liability in breach of section 57 Consumer Rights Act. The secondary insurance contract is in breach of section 72. The claimant seeks reimbursement of £265, plus P2G fees of £9.10, plus postage costs for two first class letters to P2G of £2.70, plus court fees, plus interest. The claimant claims interest under section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at the rate of 8% a year from xxxxx to xxxxxx on £276.80 and also interest at the same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of £xxxx   Details of claim Amount claimed £276.80 I look forward to your thoughts and comments guys! As ever, many thanks - G59    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Vodafone incorrect default again me for 3years - help what are my rights?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a contract with Vodafone back in 2009, I did missed two payments mid 2009 and therefore I was dealing with this with Vodafone. I had made payments to Vodafone as requested. My phone was cut off when I was told it would not be and I was continually told different things but different members of the customer support team.

I HAD made payments to Vodafone as asked, and then a letter from the debut collectors arrived?????? I called Vodafone and they told me it had already been passed over and they could do nothing about it. Even though I had made payments when we had arranged. Therefore I should never of been passed to the debut collectors. The debut collectors told me to speak to Vodafone and Vodafone told me to speak to they debut collectors, they made attempt to help me with the error they had made.

In the end after causing much stress I paid the full amount owed to the debut collectors to be done with the situation and stress.

I since then have been refused credit by other network providers, banks and even unable to open a bank account. I recently applied for a loan with whom I bank with and was refused to loan. They provided me with some companies they used to check my credit and advised I get a statuary credit report.

On dong so I see a default against me from Communications Supplier from Vodafone Ltd Gemini(i), unsettled. This incorrect information has been sat against my name for 3 years. I am disgusted.

I contact Vodafone straight away (17.09.2011 a friday at 14:00)

I speak with a lady who on that phone conversation confirms that I owe Vodafone no money!! She informs me that the people who deal with this are not available and she will contact them herself and they will contact me on Monday (10.09.2011). I am informed that this will be corrected and back dated. I hear nothing!!!!

I am unable to contact Vodafone as I went into hospital for surgery on the 21.09.2011.

As soon as I feel better I contact Vodafone (26.09.201115:00)

I am told there was a problem contacting the people that needed to be contacted??? why was I not informed of this???

She sends the e-mails whilst I am on the phone to her and tells me that she will personally contact me as soon as she hears back from the I WILL NOT HAVE TO CONTACT VODAFONE AGAIN!!! I was informed this could take up to 14 days for it to be investigated (why was I previously told it would be sorted straight away?)

So today (07.10.2011 16:22) I decided to call vodafone just to check the situation as on Monday it will have been 14 days.

I get through to someone and have to re explained the situation (after waiting over 10minutes as usual) she put be on hold to look at my notes. After quite a wait she informs me that a e-mail has been sent by her colleague. I had already informed her of this and again said I waited to know what stage of the process we were currently at? I was put on hold again when she returns she tells me that there is a e-mail stating it has been sorted that it has been back dated and states that it is settled, im advised to wait 24 hours before checking my credit report (24hours from when??? I dont know when the e-mail was received).

I then ask her why I was not contacted as soon as this was sorted, as PROMISED (26.09.11)?? She told me Quality assurance could not make out going phone calls??? I told her again that I had been expecting a phone call from her colleague that sent the e-mail? She told me on-one would contact me????

I now ask what Vodafones formal complaints procedure is? She told me they dont have one????? I informed her that it is a legal fact that Vodafone must have a complaints procedure??? I was told a manager would contact me within 24hours.

I receive a call this evening from a manager, she asks how she can help. I ask her how to make a formal complaint and what is Vodafones complaints procedure? She informs me they dont have one?????!!!!! At this point she has raised her voice to me! she informs me She can deal with a complaint over the phone, I explain I want to do it in writing for legal reasos. She tell me to go to the website and send a email. she has still not informed me of the complains procedure, none of the staff seem to know what this is????? I seriously and disgusted that I have always been told conflicting information.

Firstly I should never of had a default against my name!!! Just late payments and secondly why is it still sat against my name 3years later?

I am also concerned that other people this has happened to it seems to of taken months to get this sorted and many pailed attempts???

Please please help

Many Thanks

Frances

Edited by citizenB
formatted for easier reading.

Hi and welcome to CAG

This sounds so familiar somehow. Oh yes, they have done it to others too. I bet you didn't even get a default notice either.

Anyway, the best way to get this fiasco sorted is to let Lee have a go. OK, he works for Vodafone but he has a good track record here.

Click on this LINK and follow the instructions FULLY (including putting WRT135 in the subject line-so many don't). When you get an automated reply number, post it here so that Lee can track your complaint.

Do not deal with anyone else from VF as they don't seem to know their head from their elbow

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

follow this advice

Hi CAGlink31.gif members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAGlink31.gif is with the very best of intentions.

vodafonelink3.gif UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately and securely using the ‘Contact us’ form on the Vodafone website with your account details.

https://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/s...PARTITION_ID=1

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is – and state the code WRT135 within the body of your email to make sure it comes through to us.As soon as we’ve received your email we’ll endeavour to get back to you as quickly as possible.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

CAG members contacting us, add the code WRT135 in the subject line in order ensure that email gets routed into our queue.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

No worries fran. Welcome to the CAG and I'm sure Lee will be able to handle this quickly :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

A little update.

Still no confirmation e-mail from Vodafone, I have now sent two e-mails?

I also checked my credit report as Vodafone said it had been corrected. So the default has been lifted and it does state its settled. But the arranged payment dates are incorrect??

Does anybody know, when I check my credit report, does it effect my credit score?

Thank you

x

Fran

checking your cra does not change the score

you need to follow this link

To help Lee go to www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and contact them, you will receive a response which will include a reference number, post it back here and lee_vodaphone will look into it for you.

and post up the number

lee is usually around latter today or sunday morning.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no you wont till lee see the mail

you need to post the ref number here in this thread

then when he see the thread he can match it to your account.

you will receive a response which will include a reference number, post it back here and lee_vodaphone will look into it for you.

dx

and they

When lee visits he'll clear this mess up, but I think it's only when someone in the "web relations team" picks the issue up that you recieve a response... not 100% sure tho TBH.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Somebody from Vodafone called me. He said that he will get in contact with quality assurance again to look into it, as it is still incorrect. He asked that I sent a e-mail of what my credit report with Vodafone currently looks likes.

When I send the e-mail to the e-mail address he gave me I get a failure notice?

Informed him that I am using this forum he said he would be in contact with Lee when Lee see this.

Sit tight and wait for Lee or one of the other Vodafone reps.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

lee will not be able to 'link' this thread with the running voda email complaint

as far as i know

you follow the link in post 10

to the email ad you put in at vodas end

you should get an automated response with a ref number

that get posted here thats how lee knows who you ACTUALLY are.

thats the way everyone seems to be able to do it.

puzzled

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Fran,

Apologies for the delay with getting to your thread here.

From the sequence of events you've described IT does seem that things have spiralled out of control but I'm sure we can get them cleared up.

Somebody from Vodafone called me. He said that he will get in contact with quality assurance again to look into it, as it is still incorrect. He asked that I sent a e-mail of what my credit report with Vodafone currently looks likes.

When I send the e-mail to the e-mail address he gave me I get a failure notice?

Informed him that I am using this forum he said he would be in contact with Lee when Lee see this.

Although I'm not sure who you spoke to I can confirm that I've received no emails in regard to your case and as such I'm currently unable to locate your account.

However, and on the basis that you've encountered difficulties with the Contact us form on our website, I'll send you a Private Message in a moment with alternative contact details through which you can reach me.

Once you're in touch rest assured that I'll do my best to help you as much as possible.

When lee visits he'll clear this mess up, but I think it's only when someone in the "web relations team" picks the issue up that you recieve a response... not 100% sure tho TBH.

In the event that our code WRT135 isn't stated in the subject line then any reply won't have been issued by the Web Relations Team.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK