style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3296 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had a visit from Sherforce, not sure if it is real or if it is persons pretending to be Sherforce!

I wont go into details at the moment but we have not had the relevant high court papers from the utility company that I am aware of and also no debt that was owed to them that I am aware of, just the yearly statement and total now due of circa £100.00.

I have contacted the police and utility company to try and verify if this was legitimate (I was told to expect a call back from the utility company enforcement team in 48-72 hrs). RIDICULOUS !!!

Judgement and costs show as £900.OO

Interest £20.00

Cost of visit £950.00 (first point of contact).

I was told by the enforcement officer not to ring the 0845 number on their paperwork, as it would go to an Indian call exchange and to ring the enforcement officer on his mobile

Told the car will be removed etc etc if not paid in full by the next day !!!

I then had a call from a 0207 number 20mins later and was asked to make an immediate payment on a card, (I said no and stated that I needed to find out whether we had any relevant paper work at home) He asked for my email address and said he would send copies through (Nothing has turned up yet)

My wife and I have turned the house upside down and found none !!!

Have I gone mad? should I not have been served court papers or had some form of communication before a visit?

There was also a mention of an online court procedure that may have been done (Not a clue what he was on about).

Help and advice much appreciated.

Edited by Jemjubs

I have had a visit from Sherforce, not sure if it is real or if it is persons pretending to be Sherforce!

I wont go into details at the moment but we have not had the relevant high court papers from the utility company that I am aware of and also no debt that was owed to them that I am aware of, just the yearly statement and total now due of circa £100.00.

I have contacted the police and utility company to try and verify if this was legitimate (I was told to expect a call back from the utility company enforcement team in 48-72 hrs). RIDICULOUS !!!

Judgement and costs show as £900.OO

Interest £20.00

Cost of visit £950.00 (first point of contact).

I was told by the enforcement officer not to ring the 0845 number on their paperwork, as it would go to an Indian call exchange and to ring the enforcement officer on his mobile

Told the car will be removed etc etc if not paid in full by the next day !!!

I then had a call from a 0207 number 20mins later and was asked to make an immediate payment on a card, (I said no and stated that I needed to find out whether we had any relevant paper work at home) He asked for my email address and said he would send copies through (Nothing has turned up yet)

My wife and I have turned the house upside down and found none !!!

Have I gone mad? should I not have been served court papers or had some form of communication before a visit?

There was also a mention of an online court procedure that may have been done (Not a clue what he was on about).

Help and advice much appreciated.

If you start your own thread you will get a better response targetted to your situation. Click on the link below to start.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry, as there are so many queries on the forum I had not looked at this thread. I do apologise.

If there are excessive fees (such as those quoted on here), I would suggest that these fees are brought to the attention of the Tribunals Courts And Enforcement Team at the Ministry of Justice at Petty France in London as this department are shortly due to issue a public consultation on the reform of the bailiff industry. I will provide full details when I get into the office.....

• 5 months later...

Hi, it some months since I have been on the site. I am still fighting my case with Sherforce, I have had considerable help from CAG and my MP has also written to them for me. Now I want to follow the route of HoneyB - and take the matter for detailed Assessment. I have contacted our local county court to ask how to go about it, but no-one seems to know. Can anyone assist me PLEASE??