Please Help!!! Tax, Sorn, moved

charlotte88
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4579 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have an old Jeep which was SORN in 2009. Didnt realise that was suppost to renew every year so when I now go to sorn it it says there is a gap in the taxing since 2009 and I may receive a fine.

I am in the process of sorting the Jeep out to sell and as I was going through paperwork to obtain new number plates realised that the log book is registered to my old address:|

So what do I do and in what order?

What fines should I expect to receive :jaw:

any advise would be appreciated!!

hi charlotte88,

ring the sorn department up and explain to them what you have said in your posting here, that you did not know it had to be renewed each year, usually they send you a reminder in the post before the old one expires, but since you moved you never received any reminder if i am reading your post correct as you say the log book is in your old address, explain this all to them, as they are the only ones that can answerr this for you, hope this helps, come back and post again, totiesquoties.

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

i doubt you'llget any fine etc

your sorn was gained before the change in the law, simply explain the due to your move and certain personal [secret] circumstances. you no longer got mail from the registered adddress

they'll just send a new sorn out

did with me anyhow

just tell them what you want

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...