CoffeeAngel -v- Halifax Credit Card - Claim form now issued

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is'nt a skeleton a bit much for te hearing i thought was only at trial??

A skeleton argument basically keeps things on track for, in this case CA.. it doesnt need to be given to anyone else.. purely for CA's own use.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Oh i see, so a skeleton can be done at anytime during the process?

Yes.. There are some trials where a Judge will actually ask for Skeleton arguments.. especially if it is a long or complicated one.

In this case, it is purely for CA's own use.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's quite handy to do it as you go along, then as the hearing gets closer you've got everything noted down and don't have to worry about trying to remember everything and the order it happened.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

A skelton is just the bones of it, just bullet points if you like to cover all the points that need to be raised.

A witness statement puts the flesh on the bones and gives more detailed explanation.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

So hey CAG famz, hope your all doing ok. Me not so much - not enough hours in the days (or days in the week for that matter) for Coffee to deal with all the dramarama in her life so after talking it over with family, friends and yes, even my employers, an "executive decision" has been made to get legal bods to fight this one for me as I just have far too much on my plate to dedicate the time needed for this.

I want to wholeheartedly thank everyone for their advice on this very sour subject but in particular some of the most amazing people I have the "virtual" pleasure to ever meet! You know who you are! I cannot tell you how MUCH your opinions and wise counsel have brought me comfort and I have learned SO MUCH! The work you do here, helping each other, it really warms your soul.

I want you to know I appreciate you, each and everyone of you, newbies and seasoned Caggers alike. You have opened my eyes and your support has empowered me to have the confidence to continue to fight the battles that I CAN win without taking away the time and energy needed for my children and my Momz who needs me now and, selfishly, also for me.

I know you will all understand because that's who you are - Amazing!

I will come back and let you all know the outcome. It would be disrespectful of me not to and I do respect you all, very much.

Stay cool CAG :thumb:

Coffee

Hi CA,

I think you have probably made a wise decision. If for one reason or another you are unable to devote the time required, it could be disastrous.

I know you have been unwell and have a family and day job.. so it must be extremely distressful.

Everything is that much harder for a LiP .. but when you see the legal peeps at work it looks so darned easy !!

Please, let us know how you get on :)

BCOBS

Wishing all the best to you and yours Coffee I hope the outcome is very favourable to you.

Kind regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Hi CA,

I think you have probably made a wise decision. If for one reason or another you are unable to devote the time required, it could be disastrous.

I know you have been unwell and have a family and day job.. so it must be extremely distressful.

Everything is that much harder for a LiP .. but when you see the legal peeps at work it looks so darned easy !!

Please, let us know how you get on :)

Absolutely CB! And thank you for making me smile :thumb:

Wishing all the best to you and yours Coffee I hope the outcome is very favourable to you.

Kind regards

Andy

Your well wishes mean a lot to me Andy. No words I say on here can ever express the true gratitude I feel for your wise counsel. Stay cool Andy, you rock! :thumb:

• 1 month later...
So hey CAG famz, hope your all doing ok. Me not so much - not enough hours in the days (or days in the week for that matter) for Coffee to deal with all the dramarama in her life so after talking it over with family, friends and yes, even my employers, an "executive decision" has been made to get legal bods to fight this one for me as I just have far too much on my plate to dedicate the time needed for this.

I want to wholeheartedly thank everyone for their advice on this very sour subject but in particular some of the most amazing people I have the "virtual" pleasure to ever meet! You know who you are! I cannot tell you how MUCH your opinions and wise counsel have brought me comfort and I have learned SO MUCH! The work you do here, helping each other, it really warms your soul.

I want you to know I appreciate you, each and everyone of you, newbies and seasoned Caggers alike. You have opened my eyes and your support has empowered me to have the confidence to continue to fight the battles that I CAN win without taking away the time and energy needed for my children and my Momz who needs me now and, selfishly, also for me.

I know you will all understand because that's who you are - Amazing!

I will come back and let you all know the outcome. It would be disrespectful of me not to and I do respect you all, very much.

Stay cool CAG :thumb:

Coffee

So CAG Famz, I promised to let you all know how things panned out for old Coffee.

On the advice of my legal counsel, I never needed to see the inside of a Court Room and the CO route was negotiated.

It was a good result although I am some few hundred quid out of pocket (that can not be afforded but needs must'd at the time!).

I haven't quite managed to dial down the DEFCON level just yet as every time I think about this,

I still feel really angry at the way this whole series has played out and I want to kick someones butt or as my mother says make them "eat poo and poop bricks"!.

It should never have happened in the first place really as in the end,

all I wanted was to pay back what I spent and that is exactly what happened.

If BoS hadn't tried to be a smartass, just accepted my SAR, gave me the information,

I checked it over, I said well actually this isn't really the correct figure I owe is it,

let's chat and reach an amicable place...... no they wanted to be smart asses!

The money wasted is one thing, but it's the time and energy that I had to dictate to this and how it has adversely affected my health

(when a gal starts losing her hair and what is left is going severely grey you have to say enough is enough)

is to say the least, BC disgusting! (BC in this case in no shape or form stands for Barclaycard!).

I hope the trolls from BoS are reading this thread.

Your behaviour has been nothing short of criminal in my eyes.

The way that that you treat your customers on a normal day to day basis is one thing, but as a LiP is downright shameful!.

You feel, just with everything else, that they can ride roughshot over people. Disgraceful!

Anyway, I can now move on from the trauma and dramarama of all this.

To the trolls at BoS despite your despicable and gutterish behaviour (alley cats have more morals),

you have actually done me a favour!

You know why?

Well you got me to reacquaint myself with the CAG Famz and from their guidance and support and hours of reading and researching the rose tinted glasses have come off

and "now I can see"! How does that song go.... "I can see clearly now...."

I'm a firm believer in Karma.

The CAG Famz ain't got a thing to worry about but for all those like BoS, well ain't it a ":censored:" and it bites!

If all that is going on in the economic world not just here but globally doesn't make you wake up I feel sorry for you.

You may have had a "victory" of such, but remember, so have I!

You're pockets aren't as fat as you wanted them to be at my expense are they??

This was a hugely painful lesson for me to learn but nevertheless empowering all the same.

I will heal my battle wounds, I'm learning to love the scares actually because they remind that now and going forward,

I am wiser and stronger for the experience.

CAG Famz, you will never know the true extent of my appreciation. Stay cool! :kiss::hug:

Hi CA.. even a little victory is a victory.. they didnt have it all their own way.

It is disgraceful that a lot of hassle could have been avoided if only they had treated you as a human being in the first place.

Did you ever obtain the SAR information?

BCOBS