Bailiffs - the true horrors - The Exposure TV documentary - Rossendales - Comments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I cannot imagine how the owner of Rossendales sleeps at night,EDIT

She sleeps well at night because she doesn't consider the actions of her staff to be her responsibility. She thinks it is ok to shirk that responsibility and simply say that she doesn't know it's happening.

I'm sure that ostriches who stick their head in the sand learn to sleep very well at night.

If she is so appalled by the action of Mr Boast, why doesn't she go back through the paperwork for everyone he has dealt with in the past 3 years and see how much he has added, fraudulently, to their debts. She could then make amends by offering to pay those people back the money that was taken in jumped-up fees. After all, Mr Boast himself admitted to those actions, so it couldn't be too difficult to work out exactly who he has cheated.

Oh look, there goes :flypig:

Edited by caro
Removing quote from unapproved quote which could be defamatory

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought it was a poor programme to be honest.

It was not at all about the Bailiff Industry as such, it became apparent that this was solely a programme looking to expose John Boast, to which the narrator even said, "as we look to expose Boast the Bailiff".

Before the programme was aired I had concerns over the Production Teams credibility and that remains even more so now.

Has anyone stood back after watching this programme, and thought that this was all too easy for the Production Team?

It was as if John Boast new he was on camera.

Does anyone know how long the reporter went undercover for to gain his recordings?

And what was the apparent link with this forum on the programme? Was this forum a main source to their making of this programme?

I smell a rat!

It was not at all about the Bailiff Industry as such, it became apparent that this was solely a programme looking to expose John Boast, to which the narrator even said, "as we look to expose Boast the Bailiff".

Before the programme was aired I had concerns over the Production Teams credibility and that remains even more so now.

Has anyone stood back after watching this programme, and thought that this was all too easy for the Production Team?

Does anyone know how long the reporter went undercover for to gain his recordings?

And what was the apparent link with this forum on the programme? Was this forum a main source to their making of this programme?

I smell a rat!

Why does your opinion not surprise me ? Are you saying this dick head did not clearly say "all the lads do it" that says to me Mrs Jones has PT's "orchard of bad apples" out there as 'rogue' bailiffs?

WD

Below is the cotents of an email I have written to Rossendales as a result of my experiences with two of their employees. It has taken 10 bitter years to summon the emotional strength to write this; be warned Mr Boast was a pussy-cat compared to these two animals.

Dear Ms Green-Jones

Following on from the programme ‘Exposure’ on Mondayevening, I would like to assure you that Mr Boast is not the only rogue bailiffyou either employ, or have employed.

I had an experience with one of your operatives about tenyears ago which will haunt me for the rest of my life. Bristol City Council hadmade a mistake, similar to one of the people last night, with the Council Tax.

Because they hadn’t completed the paperwork for Council Taxbenefit in time, a junior clerk put the case in your hands – up to this pointit was their entire fault.

Your bailiffs arrived and we had one visit, where a letterwas left. I contacted Bristol CityCouncil and referred it to them. [i would also add that this was in connectionwith renewal of CTB – I had received a letter from them showing CTB entitlementfor the year earlier.]

Your second visit was from two bailiffs with a van. When they arrived on the doorstep, I toldthem that I had a letter showing my entitlement, and they agreed to wait at thedoor while I went and found it. As I turned and went towards the kitchen bothbailiffs followed me. [i was unaware that normal rules of decency andpoliteness don’t apply where bailiffs are concerned, and they are entitled tojust walk in and do whatever they like]. I stopped turned round, put my hand on theshoulder of the nearest one, and started to say words to the effect that theyhad agreed to wait at the door, but before I could say much the second bailiff,sprang round behind me, grabbed my arm and pulled it up and twisted it behindmy back, meanwhile the first bailiff stabbed me in the eyes with hisfingers. The second bailiff thenliterally threw me into the corner, banging my head on the wall or radiator andrendering me unconscious.

My wife tried to phone the emergency services [police andambulance] and one of the bailiffs snatched the phone off her and smashed it onthe wall. She was absolutely terrified that she was going to get the sametreatment, and by this time was ready to do just about anything.

Somebody did phone the ambulance [it may even have been the bailiffs]and I regained consciousness to find two paramedics trying to stabilise mycondition. Meanwhile my wife had phoned my mother, who lived about 7 milesaway, to ask if she had any money she could borrow; she had then had to go toborrow this money, to pay off your bailiffs for a debt we did not even owe.

I refused hospital treatment even though I could hardly see,because when my wife was terrified that these thugs would come back, not that Icould have done a thing to defend her. I tried to take the matter up with thepolice and their response was that a bailiff is appointed by the court, and assuch the fact that I had assaulted your employee by putting my hand on hisshoulder, you would make a counter-claim against me, and even though I had twoblack eyes for my trouble as well as other less visible injuries, the courtwould come down on your side, and there was a strong possibility that I could getcustodial sentence for common assault. Tenyears on, I still cannot believe that this is what this country has stooped to.

Regarding the payment we had been forced to make, BristolCity Council returned the money in cash, the same way we had had to pay it, thefollowing day, by two of their employees in person.

Regarding last Monday’s programme, it is obvious from myexperience that Mr Boast is not the lone rogue operative that you try to makeout. What bothers me is that theTelevision Company did not claim that their undercover reporter targeted MrBoast – it appeared that it was just a random appointment with this particular bailiff,which suggests to me that far from being the lone rogue operative that youclaim, he is in fact more likely a typical representative of 99% of your bailiffs.It is obvious that the two who visited my home were just two thugs who tookpleasure in gratuitous violence, and were indeed worse that Mr Boast.

It has taken me a week to summon the emotional strength to write thisemail, but it is my intention to publicise it as widely as I can, via whatevermedia I can employ, and I hope with all my heart that something will be done toprevent your activities.

I smell a rat!

I felt it could have been better, as Mr Boast is the tip of a very bad iceberg, done correctly and with more grit, and highlighting ACTUAL assaults by bailiffs and the police collusion to silence the victims by charging them for assaulting the bullying toerag ( he is a toerag because he is ultra vires his authority, and his physical assault to person and property is a criminal action) bailiff, is one angle they could have explored, there are many others. Ms Green-Jones is also like Pontius Pilate washing her hands of the scumbags how may well work for her, and is disingenuous, in calling for regulation, her regulation would include lobbying government to make automatic forced entry and instant removal legal imho.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

timberwolf, what can I say, I am appalled, it isn't just getting worse now it has obviously been going on for years. There cannot be a single justifiable reason why bailiffs do this and no one seems bothered, the Councils must know and have deliberately chosen to let it happen and what excuse have the police got? I would love to hear it.

Exactly there was a 'Rat' and he got caught good and proper, the programme raised the facts about 'bailiffs' in this country today. The ad breaks didn't help. As you say where theres one 'rat' theres probably more. The programme didn't target Mr. Boast, the company put him forward to train the 'undercover reporter'.

I smell a rat!

Your story is appalling Timberwolf, but what is more worrying and it is constantly a theme where there is police involvement, is the police holding the entirely mistaken beleif that as the bailiff is notionally authorised by some form of court, that they are therefore automatically on the same side, and thus any resistance or questioning of the bailiffs authority, even where they shouldn't have been there, as in your case, renders the victim to be automatically in the wrong and a potential criminal, and as such are targeted by the police who will do their utmost to support the bailiff even if it is the bailiff breaching the peace.

Keeping the peace is the ONLY remit of the police in this situation. the fact that they should potentially be arresting the bailiff for his actions is completely lost on them.

The victims are told nothing we can do bailiff is always right or victims are arrested and charged with assaulting the bailiff as in 1Loretta's case.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

The other thing is that most people want to pay something, but in most cases people can't pay the original amount, so how are they expected to pay an amount that includes fees? Thats where the council get it wrong big time.

The other thing is that most people want to pay something, but in most cases people can't pay the original amount, so how are they expected to pay an amount that includes fees? Thats where the council get it wrong big time.

"Which is also why bailiffs are seen as complete barstewards when in the light of all the evidence they will insist on payments of say £300 per month when all the debtor has left after essentials is £100 or so and even £30 per month is stretching it, and attending for fees when the council have taken a case back as the debtor is vulnerable, they do themselves no favours with their shenanigans.

Timberwolf your story is appalling and can I just offer a personal, huge well done to you for getting it out into the open.

It will be interesting to see what reply Ms Jones makes.....if she still wants to bury her head in the sand and hold the belief the Exposure screening showed she had but one rogue bailiff then so be it.....your story shows that rogue bailiffs have been with Rossendales for years and they are still out there as we all know and the cag forums confirm.

WD

clunks

reply reminded me of the hate male that the Lancashire Telegraph received from what turned out to be bailiffs. It has taken over two years to get the IPCC http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/8445415.Police_face_probe_over_Accrington_pensioner_death_complaints/ to admit there was no investigation into Andy Millers death and the ramification are, like the Hillsborough families, just exasperating an injustice.

As the employer of these people are councils, I took the formal request for assistance in pursuing justice through the courts to my local councillor and he was filled with angst, started going on about MPs and where his responsibilities lie. I showed him the empty folder from Lancashire MPs and he didn't believe the lack of correspondence, said he would consult the MP and I had to remind him what his duties are. And they are not to a political party that allows public servants to kill sick veterans. One of my former comrades has just become a JP. I am now persona non grata with him and his ilk because they go into public service for the wrong reason.

Pip Clothier did an excellent job and his programme had the right balance, giving Rossendales and the bailiff more latitude than they give their victims. It is now the time to get onto MP's and demand they act. The MP for Accrington has a wonderful blog about his work getting bailiffs victims justice. NOT A SINGLE WORD ON ANDY MILLER. Res ipsa loquitor. I was told by his secretary I insulted him. Sticks and stones, but I got my medals through deeds not inaction.

Why cant lady rossers just admit that she has problems with her bailiffs acting unlawfully, wouldnt that be the right thing to do. Have them retrained. Or get rid of those who obviously are making her company look bad.

If she isnt going to do anything about this, then it shows that she is no better than the rogue bailiffs that she is employing. Oh wait, she is getting rich off of it so she would rather COVER UP what her bailiffs do, reap the benefits and hope this will die down in time. What the hell does she think she is? The head of a legalised Mafia ring??!! Because thats what it looks like. Councils will soon start to realise that things HAVE to change, and they wont want to be seen having Rossendales on their books because of your bailiffs thuggish bailiffs.

You can lie and defend your bailiffs all you like but the proof is out there and there IS enough of it for people to see and act on it.

Why cant lady rossers just admit that she has problems with her bailiffs acting unlawfully, wouldnt that be the right thing to do. Have them retrained. Or get rid of those who obviously are making her company look bad.

If she isnt going to do anything about this, then it shows that she is no better than the rogue bailiffs that she is employing. Oh wait, she is getting rich off of it so she would rather COVER UP what her bailiffs do, reap the benefits and hope this will die down in time. What the hell does she think she is? The head of a legalised Mafia ring??!! Because thats what it looks like. Councils will soon start to realise that things HAVE to change, and they wont want to be seen having Rossendales on their books because of your bailiffs thuggish bailiffs.

You can lie and defend your bailiffs all you like but the proof is out there and there IS enough of it for people to see and act on it.

The more people who manage to video the bullies and get the action published in the press or other medis will make them as unpopular as a drink driver and equally a pariah, there will be nowhere to run to or nowhere to hide

Would it be possible to recover monies wrongly taken by a bailiff some years ago ?

A car registered to my (very mentally ill) partner was taken at 2 a.m. and sold (value several thousands) for one parking tickets worth of debt (inflated of course).

The parking ticket was mine, in my name - nothing to do with partner.

Because my partner became increasingly mentally ill (as severe as it can get) she couldn't 'cope' with allowing me to organise legal action to recover her cars value & I have been so battered by various events I haven't been able to pursue it either.

But now I'm making a comeback & want to fight all those human vermin that have ripped me & my partner off for years.

Any opinions about this anyone ?

You have 6 years from the date of payment to recover wrongly imnposed fees, so anything before November 2005 will now be Statute Barred, and anything after that may be recoverable if you act quickly. others will know more

That's not correct, sorry. You have 6 years (5 in Scotland) from when the cause that gives rise to action is discovered or could reasonably have been discovered. In other words, if OP has only just found out that he was conned, it's 6 years from when he finds out. (Limitations Act 1980, s.32 b, if memory serves)

Sorry if it has been answered further down, I'mm slowly working my way through all the pages of this thread!

What really gets to me is that OUR GOVERNMENT willingly defend innocent people of other countries who have been mistreated by a dictator albeit on a much larger scale. However they are NOT prepared to defend the innocent people from being attacked in their own homes by people they employ. Some of our councils seem to be a smaller, individual version of certain dictators. Ok they dont kill and maim, how ever they are prepared to stand by while their heavy handed agents go out and assault, intimidate and threaten innocent people. Where is the justice in that. If it happened to some one they knew you can bet that the story would be a whole lot different.

What really gets to me is that OUR GOVERNMENT willingly defend innocent people of other countries who have been mistreated by a dictator albeit on a much larger scale. However they are NOT prepared to defend the innocent people from being attacked in their own homes by people they employ. Some of our councils seem to be a smaller, individual version of certain dictators. Ok they dont kill and maim, how ever they are prepared to stand by while their heavy handed agents go out and assault, intimidate and threaten innocent people. Where is the justice in that. If it happened to some one they knew you can bet that the story would be a whole lot different.

totally agree with one addition they don't kill or maim inavertantly (sorry spelling appauling), but how many people have they driven to suicide, brink of suicide caused deaths of unborn babies and mental torture, all for the sake of a few quid

Off topic

The CPS have told this student it isn't even a criminal offence in this country, yet the US want to extradite him. Thats totally out of proportion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-15578294

Off topic

The CPS have told this student it isn't even a criminal offence in this country, yet the US want to extradite him. Thats totally out of proportion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-15578294

They will let the yanks have him to keep Obama happy.....swine

Copyright infringements are very very complex more so than bailiff regs. The only thing he should be guilty of is displaying images of the films that he has covered, however he could state that it is 'fair usage'. I hope he has a good solicitor who knows the complexities of copy right laws. To have him extradited is totally ridiculous. I know many websites that do the same thing, all of which are in the US and many have English programmes on them, I wonder if the US would do the same thing if our government requested what the US are.

Copyright infringements are very very complex more so than bailiff regs. The only thing he should be guilty of is displaying images of the films that he has covered, however he could state that it is 'fair usage'. I hope he has a good solicitor who knows the complexities of copy right laws. To have him extradited is totally ridiculous. I know many websites that do the same thing, all of which are in the US and many have English programmes on them, I wonder if the US would do the same thing if our government requested what the US are.

The USA would not let their citizen be extradited to the UK, but the treaty on extradition is more favourable to the USA getting hold of a brit, same way EU arrest warrant would allow extradition to any EU country for an alleged offence even if it is not a crime here, even down to something published, and the criminal has not actually left the UK, say something silly like insulting the Greek Flag in a blog, the way this is framed would mean the greek police could ask for the blogger and he /she would have to be handed over no ifs or buts..