• Tweets

• ah - here it is - .. Yesterday UK finance minister: Thames Water must sort out its own issues "I make no comment on Thames because they need to sort out their own issues," Hunt told reporters during a visit to Washington when asked what a government-led administration process for Thames Water could do for investors' confidence in Britain. "What we're never going to do for people who invest in the UK, is say that the state is going to insure you against bad decisions made by management or shareholders. That's what markets are about."   reuters.com WWW.REUTERS.COM       So was the chancellor not informed of this massive encompassing plan ..  or was he lying/misleading Today: Thames Water nationalisation plan could move bulk of £15bn debt to state   Thames Water nationalisation plan could move bulk of £15bn debt to state | Thames Water | The Guardian WWW.THEGUARDIAN.COM Exclusive: Under Whitehall blueprint for water company some lenders could lose up to 40% of their money  
    • Hi everyone, appreciate your help in this. Today (18/04/2024) I received a "Parking charge - Keeper liability notice for Royale Leisure Park - W3" stating that I "parked without clearly displaying a valid PCM UK Ltd permit. The car was parked on the 8th of March 2024 at the car park for Park Royal Leisure Park in London. The letter stated that a notice to keep was sent 28 days ago, but I have not received any charge letter or ticket.  I don't know what permit they are talking about. The leisure park does not have tickets, it has free parking for 5 hours- this is clearly stated on their website. Furthermore, I think the Parking Charge is invalid because, on March 8th, I was a customer at Royale Leisure Park, where I attended to watch a movie at the Odeon Cinema. I can prove my purchase of the ticket. The Royal Leisure Park has free parking for 5 hours as stated on their website (see attached screenshot), so they should not have given me the charge in the first place. Should I contact them to state that I should not have been given a charge? I'm concerned about the charge rising if I don't contact them.  Your advice is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.   parking rules park royal.pdf 2024-04-12 PCM NTK event 2024-03-08.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bailiffs - the true horrors - The Exposure TV documentary - Rossendales - Comments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4298 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've ust remembered that Mrs Rossendales must also have a selective memory when it comes down to the misbehaviour of her Bailiffs. There was Vicki2** who was also assaulted and when the Form 4 came to Court the Bailiff lost her Certificate, the fact she never turned up spoke volumes. Then of course I believe there is a certain Mr K****w or C****w who in fact still appears to be employed by her Company.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The USA would not let their citizen be extradited to the UK, but the treaty on extradition is more favourable to the USA getting hold of a brit, same way EU arrest warrant would allow extradition to any EU country for an alleged offence even if it is not a crime here, even down to something published, and the criminal has not actually left the UK, say something silly like insulting the Greek Flag in a blog, the way this is framed would mean the greek police could ask for the blogger and he /she would have to be handed over no ifs or buts..

It will not be long before, for example holocaust deniers in the UK receive German Arrest Warrants, for denying the holocaust, even without ever visiting Germany.

Idiotic, bigoted wastes of space they may be, the fact is they have not broken UK law. And I like my bigots where I can see them, not underground planning wickedness, and building a groundswell of support as "Victims" The best thing that happened to the BNP was allowing the party to exist. Nobody can show you up, as you can yourself ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've ust remembered that Mrs Rossendales must also have a selective memory when it comes down to the misbehaviour of her Bailiffs. There was Vicki2** who was also assaulted and when the Form 4 came to Court the Bailiff lost her Certificate, the fact she never turned up spoke volumes. Then of course I believe there is a certain Mr K****w or C****w who in fact still appears to be employed by her Company.

PT

I would like to see a website, preferablly hosted in the Ukraine or somewhere, naming and shaming Bailiff's and their home addresses. Add that little bit more pressure to "behave". Someone did one for corrupt judges, and solicitors etc in my county, but its never really been updated or publicised.

http://bowtieclown.org/

Mind things are really bad in my town now, and I imagine the Bailiff's are really bad here too - a relative, the little cow from Excel told her that she had no right to force entry, but she DID have the right to smash the door lock off, and replace it, and then deny entry to the home, until the warrant was paid.

I have worked out she is local, and it won't be much work to get her address, and she will be receiving a letter of complaint, direct, and hand delivered. Wonder if that will make her see the error of her ways ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would like to see a website, preferablly hosted in the Ukraine or somewhere, naming and shaming Bailiff's and their home addresses. Add that little bit more pressure to "behave". Someone did one for corrupt judges, and solicitors etc in my county, but its never really been updated or publicised.

http://bowtieclown.org/

Mind things are really bad in my town now, and I imagine the Bailiff's are really bad here too - a relative, the little cow from Excel told her that she had no right to force entry, but she DID have the right to smash the door lock off, and replace it, and then deny entry to the home, until the warrant was paid.

I have worked out she is local, and it won't be much work to get her address, and she will be receiving a letter of complaint, direct, and hand delivered. Wonder if that will make her see the error of her ways ;)

Yes the cow from Excel needs pulling down a peg or two, pity there wasn't a recording of the mare making the threats. I'm sure Excel would like to answer to the County Council Homelessness officer, when the aggrieved debtor has to go to them for temporary accommodation, they being wrongfully evicted from their home.

That site needs a refresh and a decent navigation as it is not easy to get around it, broken links etc

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

For anyone outside the UK who can't view the programme on Iplayer, or for when it is no longer viewable in this country, it has now been posted on youtube.

Thank you outlawla, just what I need.

May I also make an appeal to posters to cut down on the emotive words like 'cow' or 'mare', the facts of the story are bad enough without us having to rely on epithets to get our feelings across.

That does not bar comments like 'liar' 'thug' 'incompetence' though, and those words convey far better what we all think.

The Sunday Telegraph:

Police pick which laws must be obeyed

Police pick which laws must be obeyed (Jpg)

"On Monday, ITV broadcast an hour long documentary in its Exposure strand purporting to reveal the scandalous behaviour of private bailiffs......

It was immediately apparent, however, that there was something very odd about this programme when we were assured that "there are no laws" governing how bailiffs conduct their business, "only guidlines". This was so breathtakingly untrue that one could only surmise that ITV's lawyers......

The conduct of bailiffs is governed by a whole thicket of laws, from the Distress for Rent Rules 1988 and the Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement)Regulations 1992 to the 2006 Fraud Act – and the programme showed these laws were being broken in all directions. In fact, as I reported on September 25, these illegalities are taking place on a daily basis all over the country....."

Councils Abet Bailiffs...

We shouldn't let our councils cheat us out of £25bn a year

Im still a little bewildered though at why lady rossers still believes that her bailiffs are angels and work by the book. If her or her colleagues read the forums then they should know that their bailiffs do not and can be very threatening to some people. One lady bailiff quite recently lost her certificate who was working for them. So thats two we know of for definite, any one care to list any more. please no mention of personal names , just dates etc what happened, maybe we can get a list together and show some one that this was not the first and it still goes on.

Im still a little bewildered though at why lady rossers still believes that her bailiffs are angels and work by the book. If her or her colleagues read the forums then they should know that their bailiffs do not and can be very threatening to some people. One lady bailiff quite recently lost her certificate who was working for them. So thats two we know of for definite, any one care to list any more. please no mention of personal names , just dates etc what happened, maybe we can get a list together and show some one that this was not the first and it still goes on.

The bosses must know what goes on, they cannot be completely in the dark as to tactics used on the ground, so it is disingenuous to say that this is a rarity, especially with the weight of evidence on CAG forums as to their behaviour, that even if half of it could be dismissed as scurrilous claims, it is still enough to call the whole "industry" into question.

Perhaps Rossers are after that EU contract to collect the Greek debt

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I presume that when Rossendales receive hundreds of £s in fees instead of the £42 or so that they are allowed to charge they check very thoroughly why those huge fees were collected and refund them immediately - yes I have been on the gin again!!!!!

I just posted on there several times, we shall see if they have let them through. I wasnt rude at all :) I shocked myself:jaw:

Just posted this on the link Campaign for Change

Your comment is awaiting moderation, will it stay or will it go?

“There are only currently guidelines for bailiffs to operate within, and while we have been calling for regulation and legislation for some years, we need action now.

His actions certainly do not reflect Rossendales values and principles. Since our formation in 1972, we have had continual positive feedback from clients.”

You would hope the head of a firm that enforces alleged Council Tax debt for around 150 local authorities would know there are in fact regulations and legislation in place to protect the public from bailiff malpractice.

The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 (As amended) – relied upon by councils to permit the instruction of bailiffs – can be found within them, regulations which govern how bailiffs should operate. The two most notable of these are found in PART VI (Enforcement), under R(45) Distress and R(46) Appeals in connection with distress. The fees bailiffs can charge are found in Schedule 5 of the same regulations (Charges connected with distress). The distress for Rent Rules 1988 has similar legislation which provides a complaint facility (Form 4) which allows those aggrieved by bailiff malpractice to submit the complaint to the County court which issued the bailiff's certificate. Unfortunately, Judges dealing with these complaints tend to side with the bailiff and any justification to the complainant for their decision, doesn't seem to be a requirement.

Of course legislation in the Fraud Act 2006, theoretically protects the public from much of the malpractice you are likely to encounter with these bailiffs. Unfortunately the Police have no interest in applying this legislation in instances where bailiffs have defrauded or attempted to defraud alleged debtors; either this or their hands are tied. Similarly the Data Protection Act 1998 is in place to protect the public against breaches of of confidentiality. The Information Commissioners Office should step in where bailiffs have breached this with alleged debtors, but it seems they let it go and are not interested in formally dealing with them.

So there it is, the problem is not so much a lack of regulations and legislation, rather the authorities would prefer to turn a blind eye and pretend it doesn't exist.

Wait! I'm forgetting something. Independent organisations like the Local Government Ombudsman and the Citizens Advice Bureau are in place to protect the public and would surely take up your case wouldn't they?

Nah, not really, I wouldn't bank on it.

A debt collection/bailiff firm offering commission based on the number of contacts made with alleged debtors will inevitably attract the more "enthusiastic" applicant wanting to exceed targets and maximise their fees by visiting (or not as the case may be) the highest number of "customers" in the shortest possible time.

It would be naive to think greed has not been 'taken advantage of' by councils and this incentive offered to earn unlimited pay is exploited by them. But what local authorities don't bank on are the motives behind bailiffs exceeding targets.

They are of course, playing the system and the rhyming up of fees, to the bailiff firm, has more importance than securing debt owed to councils. Local authorities must have cottoned on to this and I wonder if they're impressed that not only are "customers" getting stitched-up by these private enforcement firms but also the councils?

I just posted on there several times, we shall see if they have let them through. I wasnt rude at all :) I shocked myself:jaw:

Sorry I did not add to your reply on the Rossendale blog but post this to a reply by the owners of Rossendales just a little higher.

I have a blog which is slanted deliberately, as is this blog, towards getting my voice heard. With the Bailiff Industry they, and you and your partner in your reply here, have clearly indicated a subtlety in manipulation of fact. I.E. never represent true facts and always blame the rogue individual. You could be working for that other oxymoron Military Intelligence.

Had your industry the slightest intention of abiding by common law or even statute law of assault, you would accept Wendy Seaman's (contribution below) offer of a front to front exchange. There is the perfect opportunity and I have written to Lord Bach and Lord Lucas offering my attendance at the House of Lords for your intended "Love-Inn".

The fact is that you have perfectly innocent victims of your own industry terrified by your illegal approach to a delicate subject. My complaint to the IPCC was echoed in the recent report on the Police and that body's inability or lack of authority to give reasonable satisfaction to injured parties makes this future and most other future exercises futile.

Laws already exist to have you and all your fellow conspirators charged under existing legislation of employers liability, for police to be prosecuted for malfeasance in public office, and the whole damn lot to be charge with fraud and extortion on the innocent victims and here I do not include the mentally sick or the physically disabled.

Tthe bailiffs wouldnt survive

The Greeks don't like paying tax allegedly (does anyone?) and that is why they are in a mess we are told, so you are right; even rossers and Mr Boast wouldn't get a single cent, or drachma when they leave the Euro

Campaign for Change is an oxymoron, they only want change that allows them more power to break down the door and clear out a house and tow any cars on the first visit

It gets even worse especially when your local MP ignores everything that is happening.

Stephen Nolan has a campaign on health, just started, and he has selected mental disorders, dementia and Alzheimers. Let it be known that Andy Millers had early stage dementia and it did not prevent police NOT investigating his death thoroughly. Nor have Marston Group every accepted that the request from the courts to test the veracity of the family claim of vulnerability was their "Duty of Care".

If you have a relative who is vulnerable it becomes more essential that the family is educated into needs and requirements of the sufferer. dementia is most insidious because it it invariably the family which is the last echelon to recognise the malaise.

WOW,,,20,000+ views to this post and 300+ comments....I think a lot of people have gleaned a lot of info as to how they have been fleeced by bailiffs, hopefully most of them will now know they have the right to stand up to bullying bailiffs and the deceit of their inflated fees.

WD

Haven't they just passed something to say you can use as much force as you wish with intruders, let em in I say, they got to get past both my dogs before they get to the baseball bat, or if I happen to be making a cuppa there's a kettle of boiling water waiting.. :lol:

I tried to let my dog at one and got pounced on by 9 coppers :/