• Tweets

• Hi I was being supplied my ovo after unknowingly being swapped from SSE.  My issues began when we had a smart meter fitted and our bills almost doubled overnight - we at the time assumed we were just paying not enough until then and just continued to pay the excess bills each. Month.    I would from time to time contact ovo and get faced with a call centre on South Africa of the most rude agents who would just hang up after hours of wait and I could not even get an acknowledgement of an issue with my meter.  At one point we were not in the property for like 4 months and the bills were coming just as high!  It was at this point I was sure something is not right and ovo only care to send bailiffs and started threatening us with a pay as you go meter despite me taking out a 3.5k loan to pay of my outstanding balance.  Around 1600 each on both gas and electricity.  This is where its gets really bad -  the very same day they sent me out a new bill saying the money paid already was only to cover up until the November previous and because its now Feb we owe another 1k.   By that August this had risen to over 3k and I still couldn't get anyone to even acknowledge a fault let alone fix it.    In despair I tried to swap suppliers and to my surprise octopus accepted us because even tho the debt is owed we are trying deal with.  During our time with them the bill was coming only on my wife's name as I was responsible for other bills and she this one - now that we owe them 3k they have magically started adding my name as well as my wife's to the same debt to apply double pressure and its showing on my experiwn report now with a question mark and 2700 showing in grey -  This was my wife's debt which we dispute we owe yet the have now sent me letter with both our names on from oriel and past due credit debt agencies - is this illegal and how can I get them to take my. Name of this and leave on wife's name as its so unfair they give us a both a defualt for wife's debt which we dispute anyway.    In the end about 3 weeks ago I wrote an email to their ceo and rishi sunak and low and behold for the first time in our history with ovo someone who spoke English contacted us and said she will look into our claim.    I explained to her that we feel our meter is faulty and despite me contacting them using WhatsApp email and phone I still have not got anyone to acknowledge a fault even. And that I dispute I Owe anything as my son was in hospital for 3 months and we stayed with him so house was empty and still. They were sending us super sized bills more than when we started at home.  She promised to investigate and a few days later replied that she is sorry for the poor customer service and offered us £50 compensation - however she also. Mentioned that she's attached statements for us confirming the payment for 3k I made was only up until Nov and in Feb despite me pay 3.5k nearly it's correct for them to bill. Me. Another £900 the very same day and she did not agree our meter was faulty and therfore the debt stands and she will not be calling it bcak from past due credit.  During my time with my new supplier post ovo, octopus I requested tehy check my. Meters because I felt they were faulty and over charging me and I got excellent response asking me for further details which I supplied and I got a. Response bcak within days to say my meter was indeed faulty and octopus have now remotely repaired it.   I then contacted the energy ombudsman and explained my situation how she at ovo tried to fob me off and demand I apy money we don't feel we owe due to faulty equipment we reported but ovo had to process or mechanism to deal with it or lodge complaint even without having to cc their ceo and our pm. And now I feel sick to think both husband and wife will get a 6  year default for debt which have a validity of a questionable nature.    I explained all this to the energy ombudsman and they accepted my case and I explained to them that my new supplier found my fault which ovo refueed to accept - I've uploaded the email from new supplier to ombudsman showing we had a fault.    My. Question is is there anything I can upload in defence of my case to ombudsman before they decide outcome ina few weeks    All advice greatly appreciated not only would I like advice on how to clear this debt but also how I can pursue ovo for compensation and deterrence for the future.  Thansk 
    • Thanks for the reply dubai 50 - if the statute is 10 years it has long passed - if it is 15 years i havea few months left. i shall ignore until it gets serious  An update - - I sent the letter to the bank in Dubai ( I did get delivery confirmation from Royal Mail)   - I have moved to a new address ( this is the address i gave to the bank in dubai)  - IDR are continuing to send Letters to the old address, which leads me to believe they are not in contact with the bank at all. - i have not replied to any correspondence digital or hard as they are non threatening ( as of yet).        
    • Your topic title was altered last June 23 by the owner of this forum in the interests of the forum Anyway well done on your result and concluding your topic, title updated.   Andy   .
    • So what    Why ? Consent Order/ Confidentiality ? This would be be invaluable to followers of your topic.  
    • Even on their map on their website, these parking rules encompass the whole pleasure park - there is no dedicated area for permits and another for free parking as stated. royal leisure park praking area map.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Bailiffs - the true horrors - The Exposure TV documentary - Rossendales - Comments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4299 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Following the publication of this report these three industry leaders are arranging an important one-day conference at the House of Lords on the 24th November 2011. At this event MP’s and Local Authority Officers will hear the experts discuss the impact of local authority mismanagement on the industry’s credibility. Topics for discussion are:"

So where is my invite then? I`m sure I can assist in this little gathering:-)

I wonder if Mr. Boast will be invited?:lol:

"Following the publication of this report these three industry leaders are arranging an important one-day conference at the House of Lords on the 24th November 2011. At this event MP’s and Local Authority Officers will hear the experts discuss the impact of local authority mismanagement on the industry’s credibility. Topics for discussion are:"

So where is my invite then? I`m sure I can assist in this little gathering:-)

I wonder if Mr. Boast will be invited?:lol:

He will probably be the guest speaker, or will lead them in a rendition of Y.M.C.A. to enthuse them as he has a monster 'tache, which he reckoned frightened Indians :lol:

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Maybe a career in the SAS beckons, the way he climbed over those fences:lol:

He will probably be the guest speaker, or will lead them in a rendition of Y.M.C.A. to enthuse them as he has a monster 'tache, which he reckoned frightened Indians :lol:

Mr. Boast is merely the monkey. His employer whislt spouting verbal also profited from his actions for 3 years+ at 60% of his fees. Her firm (And many others) will claim that Boast is a "Black sheep" although we all know that without loads of" Boasts", these firms would have no businesses at all.

If any Bailiff firms wish to argue this.....I await you all with open arms (With some knowledge that may spook you all)!!!

Bring it on chaps.

Edited by TasmanianDevil

I watched last night - I'd love 10mins with Mr Boast to put him straight on a couple of points!

From watching, and some personal experiences, I'd like to find out the answers to a couple of points raised.

We were told that there are 6 million people visited each year - and the majority for council tax. That's an awful lot of money in penalty fines by the councils for late payment. As I understand it the courts just rubber stamp the orders - does the remainder go to the council? A good source of income from people being poor!

The other point is about overcharging by the Bailiffs. As they take payments from credit cards etc "the office" must know what is being charged vs what should be legally charged. So the issue cannot be blamed on rogue bailiffs at all.

Even Quagmire has standards....

You are right, even Quagmire wouldn't touch that one, she looked like she was dressed for halloween,

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I'm not sure what to make of last night's programme and, like others, felt that for many who have never dealt with bailiffs, this will just look like a one off case from a single company. I felt it fell short on many aspects but, as was mentioned in an earlier post, perhaps it would make a good series where things could be looked into in more depth.

I felt that the woman running the company just wanted to pass the buck and make it look like she didn't know what was going on. Pathetic! Does she seriously expect us to believe that she doesn't know what her staff are up to? If she doesn't, then she should resign because she obviously isn't very good at her job and isn't prepared to take responsibility for the actions of her staff.

It was quite amusing watching Mr Boast trying to justify himself and deny things he had said and done. Frankly, I think he just dug an even deeper hole for himself. As for saying that he was 'from up north' as a way of justifying his ignorance, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. There's nothing like trying to drag your own community back into the dark ages with you. Wonder what he is doing now? Expect there is some debt collector out there prepared to employ him as a doorstep collector.

I wonder if Lady Rossers will make an appearance on the forums, she knows we are here. Then again she is no better than her bailiffs as she seems to live in their world of make believe.

If she had any balls she would at least address this forum to why her bailiffs act so unlawfully. She knows they do. It wouldnt surprise me that sir boasts a lot still works for her in some way or another. Ooo I feel a cartoon coming on ;)

BF I would love to review John's book on Amazon as I truly think it is very consumer friendly...but...I am denied the chance unless I make a purchase from them ? so I regret to say I can only tell everyone how good the book is on CAG ....and reiterate it is very consumer friendly

WD

No. you don't have to have bought the item through Amazon. You will need to have regsitered with Amazon, though and be logged. However, after that you can write reviews of any product they sell

The part that got me was where the moron mentioned something about hittng someone in the throat using two knuckles. He would get more than two knuckles if he came to my home.

Story tellers is what alot of bailiffs are, big themselves up with passed on stories and get their egos massaged by any fool who wants to listen.

Phantom visits, invented fees and illegal levying are all crimes that the authorities pretend are not happening, maybe now it will be harder for them to continue this denial.

When the true scale of this is uncovered, which looks increasingly likely, as MP's, National Press and TV documentary makers are all taking an interest, the authorities and private bailiff firms must be set to lose £millions in compensation for the wide spread fraud and corruption that has been allowed to go on by our councils, Magistrates' courts and Police.

Mr. Boast is merely the monkey. His employer whislt spouting verbal also profited from his actions for 3 years+ at 60% of his fees. Her firm (And many others) will claim that Boast is a "Black sheep" although we all know that without loads of" Boasts", these firms would have no businesses at all.

If any Bailiff firms wish to argue this.....I await you all with open arms (With some knowledge that may spook you all)!!!

Bring it on chaps.

Totally right, without Boasts no money, with makes them millionaires, yes millionaires!!!

Phantom visits, invented fees and illegal levying are all crimes that the authorities pretend are not happening, maybe now it will be harder for them to continue this denial.

When the true scale of this is uncovered, which looks increasingly likely, as MP's, National Press and TV documentary makers are all taking an interest, the authorities and private bailiff firms must be set to lose £millions in compensation for the wide spread fraud and corruption that has been allowed to go on by our councils, Magistrates' courts and Police.

Its been happening for years and theres been no change as I can recall many a year ago that a partner at the bailiff company I worked for took edited and MP out for lunch and not for the 1st time, this is when we had the dreaded poll tax. Money brings power and gives you a different circle of contacts in higher places to get what you want and them like luxury holidays, cruises, conservatories, new cars, job for the kids, old cliche but its not what you know but who! Edited by Conniff

No. you don't have to have bought the item through Amazon. You will need to have regsitered with Amazon, though and be logged. However, after that you can write reviews of any product they sell

Thanks BF will buy through CAG and I can review on Amazon as I am registered there

From Bankfodder

If you have had any direct expserience of mistreatment by a bailifflink3.gif or you have suffeed excessive and unlawful bailifflink3.gif charges, the Sunday Times would like to talk with you.

If you would like to talk to the Sunday Times about this, please email me on our adminlink3.gif address (click the adminlink3.gif link).

Please put Sunday Times in the subject

Ta

URGENT!

What is the credibility of Philip Evans and Jamie Waller speaking to MPs and councils when JBW was shown on National TV to have relentlessly pursued a brain injured man and clamped his car?

Philip Evans was until recently business development manager at JBW. It doesn't tell you in the white paper that Philip Evans used to work for JBW.

I have emailed the entire Parliamentary Justice watch team with this information and asked if they could arrange for me, as aclose relative of a victim WHO DIED at the hands of a bailiff, to be present at this dubious Forum. No guesses at what response I will get.

Another "Documentary" which completely misses the point,

Boast is a T*$$er who would brick himself if he had to face up to someone who could fight back, it is always easy to act hard in front of people who cower, less so when they have some fight in them.

The whole program was designed solely for deniability, it was a one off, one rogue operator. the whole system is crooked from the lowlifes who kick in pensioners doors right up to the shareholding MP's - councils should be forced to deal with such matters in house and employ their own enforcement people, then they could not hide behind the whole "he doesn't work for us" argument

I'm not sure what to make of last night's programme and, like others, felt that for many who have never dealt with bailiffs, this will just look like a one off case from a single company. I felt it fell short on many aspects but, as was mentioned in an earlier post, perhaps it would make a good series where things could be looked into in more depth.

If you want first hand evidence, Google Andy Miller or Accrington pensioner bailiff.

Andy had not lived with his family for over a year because, unbeknown to his children or his common law wife, he was in the onset of either dementia or Alzheimers. The fact that he made himself homeless and confided NOT with his brothers or any other members of his family, speaks volumes. That he attended court without representation smacks at something sinister as he would have had support both financial and legal. One of the senior public defence solicitors in the court is a well respected advocate and a former in-law. That no-one knew of Mr Millers situation says everything about his mental state and a lot about the Nolan rules that were so violated and lead to his death on the streets of Accrington. There is always more than illicit operator within the Justice system wish you to learn.

Edited by Notyetavet
changed a single letter

What is the credibility of Philip Evans and Jamie Waller speaking to MPs and councils when JBW was shown on National TV to have relentlessly pursued a brain injured man and clamped his car?

Philip Evans was until recently business development manager at JBW. It doesn't tell you in the white paper that Philip Evans used to work for JBW.

I have emailed the entire Parliamentary Justice watch team with this information and asked if they could arrange for me, as aclose relative of a victim WHO DIED at the hands of a bailiff, to be present at this dubious Forum. No guesses at what response I will get.

WD

You are being given a chance to SPEAK OUT further as the post suggests by contacting the Sunday Times with this experience have you done so?