Changing claim amount from Prelim to LBA

redsue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6187 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Taylormandy - let me see what I can do about joining you - can't promise anything but will try to come for moral support.

Debt Mountain - I hope you too enjoyed your hols - can you remind me? Are you going after the same as me? 24.9% unauthorised?

What was NW defence? Did they send you a copy of their AQ? Is Berwick Magistrates court close to you?

Sorry for the 20 questions I'm just checking to see whether we are all in the same boat

PLEASE sign this petition to reduce amount of time CRAs hold your data

http://petitions.number10.gov.uk/CreditRA

I HATE MBNA :evil::-x:mad::-x

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, it went in 22nd, but the fees were a cheque and despite being told it would make no difference, I wonder if they waited for it to clear before sending paperwork to NW?

(it has cleared, so I know they have processed it)

G.

Taylormandy - let me see what I can do about joining you - can't promise anything but will try to come for moral support.

Debt Mountain - I hope you too enjoyed your hols - can you remind me? Are you going after the same as me? 24.9% unauthorised?

What was NW defence? Did they send you a copy of their AQ? Is Berwick Magistrates court close to you?

Sorry for the 20 questions I'm just checking to see whether we are all in the same boat

I have posted (5 minutes ago) the defence in my thread. Holidays in Tenerife were excellent all 3 of us had a great time on our Bank of Scotland sponsorred break and we booked up again for June (not sure who is paying for that one, might have to pay it myself...;) )

I am claiming for loss of savings interest at the esaving rate of 4.85% (at the time of claiming) and sundry costs.

Berwick is about 1hr 15 mins from me on a bad day.

Feel free to question away. I am now also starting to look into the greater than 6 year threads as I may try down that route soon. Nationwide/Bank of Scotland and Clydesdale all owe me a fortune from the 90's.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

Actually, it went in 22nd, but the fees were a cheque and despite being told it would make no difference, I wonder if they waited for it to clear before sending paperwork to NW?

(it has cleared, so I know they have processed it)

in my experience they don't wait for it to clear, just atkes a coupl eof days for any backlog they may have. Just call them and they are normally very helpful at the courts.

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here

in my experience they don't wait for it to clear, just takes a couple of days for any backlog they may have. Just call them and they are normally very helpful at the courts.

I'm sure they would be helpful, if they were working. Phone line just has a message about industrial action today.

Lovely.

G.

right then, I'm sending this to MR Bacon today, any comments, thoughts....

For your information, please find enclosed a copy of the Allocation Questionnaire and reply to your defence that was sent to St Helens County Court on 12th December 2006.

I request you supply me with a complete and thorough breakdown of the charges which were refunded previously, as described in your letter dated 12 October 2006. Plus a complete breakdown as to how you arrived at the figure of £545.90 ‘to cover loss of interest’ within 14 days of this letter.

Furthermore, I request you supply me with a copy of the original Terms and Conditions of the above accounts at the time in which they where opened.

The court has notified me that the case is now with the Judge for allocation. I am in the hope that both parties can negotiate a settlement in order to avoid wasting valuable court time. In which case I require an additional payment of £1,601.35.

Can I also remind you that payment of £545.90 implies an admission of my entitlement to receive compound contractual interest and that the only issue now remaining for the court to decide is to have the defence struck out on the basis that the Defence does not comply with CPR 16.5(2) or the interest rate.

I look forward to hearing from you with the information requested within 14 days of this letter.

hi sarahpp - I've been subscribing to that thread also - keeping an eye on things but not jumping in - so to speak.

I'm glad that we're trying to get our heads together regarding the outstanding interest that the banks don't think we are due but need to decide what we are going to screw it down with - I'm going for mutality and repriocity - and will keep reading and reading with great interest - its certainly a long road we've all travelled down since we began and a great learning curve - along with getting together with some really really nice people. I think I'm actually enjoying myself!!!:D

Glad to hear it!!

It is difficult just having the one big thread on contractual and then, everyone's individual claims here, there and everywhere but, hopefully there are plans afoot to formalise and collate things a bit more which can only make life easier!

Hi Garu

Yes the fools said I wasn't entitled to contractual rate and I was only entitled to S69 but from what they have paid me they have paid 7.75% authorised - I sent Mr Bacon I letter yesterday (post 309) asking for a complete breakdown of their calculations - but I'm not holding my breath for a reply.

Just waiting on the Judge now for a date.

ok , question everyone...why would Nationwide state in their allocation questionnaire that they want the case to go to multi track and why do they think it will take 1 day in court... scare tactics me thinks...

ok , question everyone...why would Nationwide state in their allocation questionnaire that they want the case to go to multi track and why do they think it will take 1 day in court... scare tactics me thinks...

redsue, if they ticked anything other than small claims they would have had to give a reason on the form. do you have a copy?

A last ditch attempt to panic you

Multitrack - because they want you to start worrying about costs

1 day in court - because they want you to worry about being stressed in court.

your claim is under £5k - they would need to give a very good reason and even then I believe I'm right in saying you could request that costs under the small claims track rules should apply. Plus I think you would get an allocation hearing (pre-trial hearing) before the judge would agree to it.