Urgent Help! Cabot have issued County Court Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It was my card only. As we were married he used to the card on occasions. I moved to NZ for two years when I came back late last year I wasn't made aware by any statements or letters from Capital One that there was any monies outstanding. Ex is somewhere abroad ;-( No I really do not know what I am doing. I know I am clutching at straws in the hope that I have either been misold the C/Card in the first place (another new thing to come about lately) or Cap One have no signed agreement for the C/Card in the first place. I could offer some payment per month if all else fails and I would rather do that than run up more debt...ie) fees

Desperate to get this sorted though.

Thank you for that Cheekypomme

In that case you should open a dialogue with the claimant or his solicitors acting and start negotiating a repayment plan that is within your means to settle this matter, if there is any ppi on the contract you can insist that the same be deducted from the balance in order to reduce your liability.

You should chase your ex husband up and demand that he start acting like a man and face up to and honour his responsibilities, he used some of this credit and therefore he should bloody help you and repay the debt.

Think long and hard about defending if you really do not have a defence since it will cost you further in the long run which in turn will cause you to suffer more than you are suffering right now.

Kind regards

The Mould

You don't send it, just type it here verbatim (take out any personal data account numbers/ amounts)

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

POC states:

The Claimant is the Assignee of a Debt from Capital One ref xxxxx

Notice of Assignment having been given to the Defendant in writing.

Despite demand for payment £10933 remains due.

The Claimant claims this and interest amount £11223 under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 and costs.

This is signed Morgan Solicitors for Cabot Financial

Claim Form states Northampton County Court Bulk Centre

What came with it:

Response Pack Letter, ie) Acknowledgement of Service

Admission Letterinc 'Means' form

Defence & Counterclaim

POC states:

Despite demand for payment £10933 remains due.

The Claimant claims this and interest amount £11223 under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 and costs.

What came with it:

Admission Letter inc 'Means' form

Defence & Counterclaim

POC states:

Despite demand for payment £10933 remains due. Letters before action or Default Notice

The Claimant claims this and interest amount £11223 under s.69 County Courts Act 1984 and costs. What interest? They calculating the sec.69 interest in the total before judgment:!: The debt is £10993.

What came with it:

Admission Letter inc 'Means' form

Defence & Counterclaim

Ok Cheeky

Red are what they have referred to so CPR 31.14 for them docs, blue are my concerns and the claimants errors.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Hi Andy,

Received no default notice from Capital One, only letters from Cabot demanding the money.

Interest amounts to Court Fee £190.00 & Solicitor Costs £100

How do I do a CPR 31.14 ( sorry never heard this term before so don't know where to look) gosh this is complicated :???:

Ok take a read here it explains how to use the CPR 31,14 in partic:- Getting Them To Reveal Their Vitals. Using CPR 31.14 to Your Advantage

You need to modify your request slightly by inserting a request for an extension (28 days) to submit your defence pursuant to CPR 15.5 if they are unable to comply with your request within your specific time frame and that they confirm this in writing to you in the event that they do fail to respond to the CPR 31.14

RE the Default i appreciate CAP may never of defaulted you (have you checked your credit files?) but within their plea they state " Despite demand for payment "

now i assume that to be either a Default Notice or Letters before Action from their Sols allowing 14 days to discuss payment arrangements.If neither then they have also failed to comply with Pre Action Protocol.

Write with your CPR 31 request and ask for a copy of the agreement/ assignment/ Default Notice/ Letters before Action and statements of account.Send recorded delivery and print name (no signature)

Ok for now Cheeky?

Regards

Andy

Hey ;-)

I did the MCOL online via moneyclaim.gov.uk there was a password on the Claim Form, to acknowledge which I'm on the understanding gives me 33 days from date of letter.

Re Default: Cabot kept sending me letters to pay the 10k (nothing from Capital One) when I phoned all they were interested in was when could I pay it, so I ended up ignoring all other letters from Cabot....I know I shouldn't of done, grrr! :oops:

I have sent the sec 78 request letter today together with the £1 PO and sent this Recorded Delivery.

Should I now send the CPR 31?

Gosh is it bedtime yet, lol .... well out of my league here :oops:

Hey :-) Got a reply today from Morgans/Cabot Financial re my request under section 77 & 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. This is what it says...

The Claimant shall provide a copy of the requested documentation when a copy is provided by the Assignor. On assignment, the Assignor retains certain documentation relating to assigned Accounts. We must request copies when they are requested or required. These documents are often archived and can take some time to retrieve. Once retrieved, we shall provide copies to you.

We return your postal order for £1.00 to you, as is our current practice.

We trust this assists you. We now look forward to you contacting us with a view to clearing your account balance in the meantime and to reach a Without Prejudice settlement. You are invited to contact our office on a Without Prejudice basis in order to discuss the matter and provide details of your proposals for payment.

Do I now wait to hear back regarding the documents, do I send CPR 31??

Sorry to be such a pain in the butt :oops:

Totally appreciate your help .....

Cheeky

They have returned your payment so they are not bound by your request (or so they think) retain that letter and response they are in default until they comply.

Cheeky I would have thought the CPR would have already gone on the 6th Oct what are you waiting for the clock is ticking and so is your defence date.

Andy

They have returned your payment so they are not bound by your request (or so they think) retain that letter and response they are in default until they comply.

Cheeky I would have thought the CPR would have already gone on the 6th Oct what are you waiting for the clock is ticking and so is your defence date.

Andy

Oh no! I will get onto this tonight Andy...hope I can follow what to put on the CPR with the guidelines you sent me ;-(

Work been manic, no defence I know!

Thank You!!

• 1 month later...

UPDATE ... Firstly Morgans replied ... here's what they put...

We write with regard to your CPR31.14 request dated 26th JANUARY 2011... Erm it was NOVEMBER

You will note that CPR reads:

1) A party may inspect a document mentioned in -

a) a statement of case;

b) a witness statement;

c) a witness summary; or

d) an affidavit

e) Revoked

You will note that the Claimant has not referred to "the agreement" "the assignment" "the default notice" "the termination notice" "(any other documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim)" within any of the above mentioned documents.

We shall endeavour to provide you with copies of any of the documents referred to above which are pertinent to the issues in the case at the standard Disclosure stage in proceedings.

We note that you have failed to file a Defence in these preceedings.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????? DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE???

Much appreciate your help ;-)

You need to geta defence in.You can do this using the moneyclaim's website.

Hopefully someone with a bit more experience will be along to further help.

I know Cabots/Morgans they probably have not got all the paperwork they need but they will try for a County Court judgement anyway.

Morgans are approacheable(best via a 3rd party) and you may be able to come to a mutually agreeable settlement figure, that you can pay off, interest free, over say ten years.

I did, it saved me a CCJ, CO,interest and a whole load of stress and also saved me 6k. But I was only able to do that as I am now earning whereas 12months ago I was competely broke and about to lose my house....

Edited by CBR600F
Formatting

Hindsight is wonderful......

But now knowledge and advice are life savers:D

Cheekypomme. I pm'd you with a link to a new thread. I didnt realise that you already had a thread running. So both these have now been merged.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

UPDATE ... Firstly Morgans replied ... here's what they put...

We write with regard to your CPR31.14 request dated 26th JANUARY 2011... Erm it was NOVEMBER

You will note that CPR reads:

1) A party may inspect a document mentioned in -

a) a statement of case;

b) a witness statement;

c) a witness summary; or

d) an affidavit

e) Revoked

You will note that the Claimant has not referred to "the agreement" "the assignment" "the default notice" "the termination notice" "(any other documents mentioned in the Particulars of Claim)" within any of the above mentioned documents.

We shall endeavour to provide you with copies of any of the documents referred to above which are pertinent to the issues in the case at the standard Disclosure stage in proceedings.

We note that you have failed to file a Defence in these preceedings.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN????? DO I NEED TO DO ANYTHING ELSE???

Much appreciate your help ;-)

In answer to the above, they are correct, if the document isnt mentioned in the Particulars of claim, then it cannot be requested under CPR31.14.

You will need to obtain the document by other means.. eg.. a CPR 18 request.

I will try and find an example for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

OK, here is an EXAMPLE of a CPR18. Please do not copy the content unless it mirrors your situation.

This is how a Part 18 request should look..

xx

Your Name

Your Address

IN THE XXXXXXXXX county courtlink3.gif

CLAIM NO:

BETWEEN:

XXXXXXXXXX

Claimant

and

XXXXXXXXXXX

Defendant

PART 18 REQUEST FOR FURTHER INFORMATION

To: XXXXXXXXXX (claimant)

Please answer the following questions:

1. Upon what date was the last payment made on the account?

2. What was the source, method and amount of the payment?

3. Was a Default Notice issued pursuant to section 87 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (as amended) and if so:

a] Upon what date, for what amount and what was the date for remedy of the breach?

b] Was the issuance of the Default Notice noted in the communications log?

4. Does the amount claimed include charges, and if so what amount?

TAKE NOTICE THAT YOU ARE REQUIRED TO ANSWER THE ABOVE REQUEST

WITHIN 14 DAYS OF SERVICE OF THE SAME UPON YOU

You will see you are asking for information in the form of a question. Once they respond if they confirm they have a document or did something with it.. then you can jump in and request a copy.

HTH

BCOBS