Hubby vs Yorkshire Cards - SETTLED IN FULL!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5396 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

This is my first posting but I've been working through the process to claim money back for my husband from Yorkshire Bank Cards. His claim amounts to £465. We've just this morning received a letter offering £233 with a cheque enclosed (from Neil McKirdy - Customer Relations Manager. I have replied using letter template Response to Settlement offer. But should we cash the cheque as part settlement or wait to see what the response is? Many thanks for any advise. :?

Affraid I don't know what the current advice is about cashing cheques in part settlement (they started this trick after I went through the proccess). Sure someone will be along soon who can advise you.

Yorkshire Bank £2201.24 - Settled in full

My Abbey £731.34 - Settled in full

Hubby's Abbey £1239.49 - Settled in full

Assuming you have said you are accepting it as part payment and pursuing the rest I would cash it. I know others have.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi.

Quite scared now! I've sent the letter (using the template in the library) stating that I accept the £233 only as part settlement and am pursuing the rest. I've since completed a moneyclaim form which was submitted to court on the 11/9. On Saturday we received an acknowledgement of service saying that the Yorkshire (Clydesdale) intend to defend the claim. I think they now have 28 days to do this. Do I now just have to wait and see what they say next?

Got a cheque this morning from Yorkshire Bank Card Services! Can't believe it! It feels so good to have them giving us our money back.

For reference this was what happened:

DPA letter sent 11/04/06

Statements received 19/5/06

Request for payment sent 4/8/06 (I'd been away) £466

Offered £233 as settlement 18/8/06

Accepted the £233 but carried on pursuing the rest

Moneyclaim form submitted 11/9/06

Received letter from their solicitor asking for more details 18/9/06

Received cheque for rest of what was owed inc. 8% and costs 22/9/06!

Contact details:

Neil McKirdy

Customer Relations Manager

Customer Relations

Clydesdale Bank Exchange

20 Waterloo Street

Glasgow

G2 6DB

Good luck to the rest of you xx

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations on this Jedler. I somehow missed this one until now, but it will encourage others that YB Cards have settled so quickly after your MCOL. A shame they don't do the same with the bank accounts!

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.