welcome am taking money without our permission

leetwin
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sent in an SAR to welcome with 10PND postal order the deadline is 24th june.What do I need to do if they havnt replied by this deadline??? and can I claim all charges ect,as this is a 7 year loan for car then a loan to pay the car loan off again as they wanted £60 per month,which with the loan redueced to £40 per month,ive had loads of charges over the years for telephone calls also,letter charges ect..thankyou

Hi

If they fail to comply, send them one of the letters from here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

As for the charges. It is my belief that all charges can be reclaimed

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 1 month later...
Hi

If they fail to comply, send them one of the letters from here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?593-Data-Protection-Act-Non-Compliance-Template-Letters

As for the charges. It is my belief that all charges can be reclaimed

Hi what can i reclaim off charges?? there so many ie default sum fee, call charges at £10 and many other charges, regards

Hi what can i reclaim off charges?? there so many ie default sum fee, call charges at £10 and many other charges, regards

If you have any or all of your statements add up 'ALL' the charges and add compound interest @ 8% from the date of the first charge to the last there is a calculator somewhere on her. The 8% is what a court would apply

Welcome will take the position that they will refund and charge for which there was no record of contact being made. For example most charges will say telephone call, letter, outside visit, or ad hoc, which they will say is either a telpehone call or letter. If they have no record of any contact being made in relation to the fee they will refund that fee. If they have record of a contact being made, they will refuse to refund the fee and say that they are allowed to charge the fee and you agreed to it in your terms and conditions.

They will not refund default sum, default sum interest, or skip trace fees.

They will tell you that the interest associated with any fee will be reveresed when the fee is refund, and they will not pay you 8% on top as they will say you have not paid the fee or been without the money and therefore not entitled to any sort of restitution or damgages.

If after making your claim, you are not happy with how much they are willing to refund, or their refusal to pay you "satutory interest", you can escalate the complaint to the FOS. The FOS are advising that claims are taking in the region of 6 months before being assigned to an adjudicator.

Also, bear in mind the statutory interest is really only applicable to court claims. The FOS will often award this on certain claims where you have been without the use of your money, but this may not be the case if the FOS agree with Welcome that you havent actually paid the money.

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!

Hello thankyou for reading,

I sent an SAR to welcome on 2nd june 2011 which to there silly mistake thought the payment for the SAR was towards my bill so credited my account by £10!! Anyway they admitted there was a mistake and sent me my SAR after waiting 50days.

The documents came but no statements of charges were with the documents they sent so I replied to them by email which they replied back saying "I requested the charges by email on the same day they recieved the SAR which they will post in the next few days" (this was about 2 weeks ago). I emailed saying the SAR should include everything and that the documents are missing also stating I will be posting a letter giving the requested timescale to respond with the correct information/documents.

I have since sent them the correct template letter giving them an extra 40 days to comply with my request.

I cant believe how they have messed me around (I even received an e-mail off the one lady saying that she was on holiday and that would delay things further). When I did eventualy receive a document with all my charges to my account, they only sent me for one account. ( I had 2 accounts with them first one was the car loan the other was a loan to pay off the car.)

I have reminded them again that there are still documents missing which is my car loan statement of charges. I clearly requested this in my SAR I sent 2nd june.

Could there be a reason why they are avoiding sending me my documents of charges from from car loan??

When I first had the loan they wanted £40 a week for a £2,500 loan I was paying this weekly but when I had my hours cut from work and change my bank details I was paying cash at the local office. On occasion I telephoned to say I couldnt afford the £40 a week and asked if £30 would be ok? the person on the telephone said that would be fine just come down to the office and pay and reciepts given.

To this day as I was not told have they been charging me for not paying the £40 as contracted a week and just luring me in to pay what I can and charging me without telling me. This just seems a little confusing after all what i've read about welcome finance with there dealings in adding charges im sure there is a good reason why they keeping my car loan charges as long as they can.

I have no ppi added in contract so I no thats all fine.

My final question is help with what can I claim back off them as there is on my statements, ACCEPTANCE FEES PRODUCT, CAPITALISATION, CONVERSION/DEFAULT FEE, TELEPHONE CALL FEE, DEFAULT SUM FEE INTEREST,OUTSIDE CALLS FEE IE £25,LETTER FEE £10 CALL OUTGOING £10 PAYMENT REVERSAL FEE £26 AND AGAIN £36 PAYMENT REVERSAL...Which of these could I claim back?? Any help would be gratefully recieved and sorry for the bad grammar.

Edited by leetwin

use the edit button and add some blank lines please

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello thankyou for reading,

I sent an SAR to welcome on 2nd june 2011 which to there silly mistake thought the payment for the SAR was towards my bill so credited my account by £10!! Anyway they admitted there was a mistake and sent me my SAR after waiting 50days.

The documents came but no statements of charges were with the documents they sent so I replied to them by email which they replied back saying "I requested the charges by email on the same day they recieved the SAR which they will post in the next few days" (this was about 2 weeks ago). I emailed saying the SAR should include everything and that the documents are missing also stating I will be posting a letter giving the requested timescale to respond with the correct information/documents.

I have since sent them the correct template letter giving them an extra 40 days to comply with my request.

I cant believe how they have messed me around (I even received an e-mail off the one lady saying that she was on holiday and that would delay things further). When I did eventualy receive a document with all my charges to my account, they only sent me for one account. ( I had 2 accounts with them first one was the car loan the other was a loan to pay off the car.)

I have reminded them again that there are still documents missing which is my car loan statement of charges. I clearly requested this in my SAR I sent 2nd june.

Could there be a reason why they are avoiding sending me my documents of charges from from car loan??

When I first had the loan they wanted £40 a week for a £2,500 loan I was paying this weekly but when I had my hours cut from work and change my bank details I was paying cash at the local office. On occasion I telephoned to say I couldnt afford the £40 a week and asked if £30 would be ok? the person on the telephone said that would be fine just come down to the office and pay and reciepts given.

To this day as I was not told have they been charging me for not paying the £40 as contracted a week and just luring me in to pay what I can and charging me without telling me. This just seems a little confusing after all what i've read about welcome finance with there dealings in adding charges im sure there is a good reason why they keeping my car loan charges as long as they can.

I have no ppi added in contract so I no thats all fine.

My final question is help with what can I claim back off them as there is on my statements,

ACCEPTANCE FEES PRODUCT,

CAPITALISATION, CONVERSION/DEFAULT FEE,

TELEPHONE CALL FEE,

DEFAULT SUM FEE INTEREST,

OUTSIDE CALLS FEE IE £25,

LETTER FEE £10

CALL OUTGOING £10

PAYMENT REVERSAL FEE £26

AND AGAIN £36 PAYMENT REVERSAL

Which of these could I claim back?? Any help would be gratefully recieved and sorry for the bad grammar.

Split out for you hopefully that makes it all a bit clearer for everyone

I recieved a letter today from welcome finance regarging subject access request.

Thankyou for your recent letter recieved 20th july 2011.

I write to confirm that the information requested was issued to the above address by recorded delivery on 5/08/2011.

I can also confirm that we have issued all correspondence that we hold an account numbers ****.

( I did recieve my sar request for both accounts but documents were missing. The missing documents were all charges and transactions to my accounts. A week later the documents for charges for my second account was recieved).

This letter is untrue as they did not send me my list of charges for the first loan which is the car loan itself. I have two accounts with welcome and they are trying to say they have sent them which they havn't. What happens next? is it my word against theres?

Hello can anybody advise me on what I can claim back off welcome finance. I have many charges and need help.

CONVERSION DEFAULT FEES £20

PAYMENTS REVERSAL £33

CAPITALISATION £20

PRINCIPAL DEBT ADJ £32

HPDI FEE £20

ACCEPTANCE FEES £150

GAP INSURANCE MIGRATED £245

HPDI FEE £29

PRINCIPAL DEBT ADJ £115

As i understand, you can claim back all the fees apart from capitalisation, thats their word for interest, although i'm not sure how you go about it..

Worth checking to see if you have ppi as well... for that you need to submit a claim through the FSCS....

Hi can somebody have a look at this statement of agreement please.

£1,452.45p loan from welcome:!:

APR 15.70%

Annual interest rate 12.00%

rate interest 1.100%

£39.88 pcm

acceptance fee £75

interest charges £413.13p

Just need to see if all this is fine as been having lots of problems with welcome finance for many months.

I have statements of charges that I dont understand or what I can claim back?

these are as follows....

Interest posting £25 ??

Outside calls £25

Capitalisation £10

letters £10

Thankyou for reading :-)

Hi

To me it looks like all of the items you mention can be reclaimed.

What do you believe may be wrong with the agreement?

What probs are you having with them?

Can we have more details please?

Regards

ims

pers i'd sanitise all the statements etc and scan them up as one multipage pdf

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok thankyou thats great info. I will post my agreement on here shortly

Welcome where just messing me about, regarding the SAR they credited the £10 to my account. The £10 was for the SAR with correct template letter sent but they are a bit thick.

I have 2 accounts with welcome, the above was a loan to pay off the car loan, the first was a loan to buy the car.

The car loan agreement has not been sent to me.

So there were two loans then.

I bet they fleeced you twice because if one loan was refinanced into another one then in loan 2 you would still have been paying ppi from loan 1.

Post up the agreements and we can have a look (MINUS all personal information)

ims

Hi can somebody have a look at this statement of agreement please.

£1,452.45p loan from welcome:!:

APR 15.70%

Annual interest rate 12.00%

rate interest 1.100%

£39.88 pcm

acceptance fee £75

interest charges £413.13p

Just need to see if all this is fine as been having lots of problems with welcome finance for many months.

I have statements of charges that I dont understand or what I can claim back?

these are as follows....

Interest posting £25 ??

Outside calls £25

Capitalisation £10

letters £10

Thankyou for reading :-)

You can include any fee you like, but Welcome will not refund all of them. Take a look at post #5, as it tell you how Welcome will approach your claim for a refund of fees. Beyond this, if you are not happy them you will need to escalate to the FOS.

Please overlook my typos and spelling mistakes, sometimes my fingers arent in sync with my brain :)

I am just a consumer and have no legal training. My posts are opinion only, based on my own limited experience. If in doubt you should seek legal advice from a qualified practitioner.

Activ Kapital - Disputed £4,000.00 - 04/04/2011 Settled! WON!

HSBC Current Account - Defaulted for £200.00 Charges. - 19/05/2011 Charges Refunded Default Removed! WON!

HSBC Loan Account - £16,000.00 Unsecured Loan - 05/07/2011 Disputed No Further Contact WON! (for Now)

Barclaycard Account - Disputed account and £1500.00 Charges. - 18/07/2011 Charges Refunded! WON!

London Scottisht - Disputed account and Charges. £25,000.00 - 06/2011 Balance reduced by 95% WON!

Hi my friend has posted up some of the copies but I think he put them on my other thread to view.

Can I just ask are welcome allowed to add Capitalisation fees when interest was already added on from the start of contract ie

Car loan £2,500

Interest paid £1,737

Gap insurance £250

Acceptance fees £150..total loan £4,632

Plus they have added throughout my payments capitalisation fees like, £21..£14.49

Can they do this???

P.S The statements on my other thread are the only documents they sent me, the rest of the paperwork was just a copy of our conversations over the past 6 years.

icon1.png Re: Help with welcome charges reclaim please

Hi my friend has posted up some of the copies but I think he put them on my other thread to view.

Can I just ask are welcome allowed to add Capitalisation fees when
interest
link3.gif
was already added on from the start of contract ie

Car loan £2,500

Interest paid £1,737

Gap insurance £250

Acceptance fees £150..total loan £4,632

Plus they have added throughout my payments capitalisation fees like, £21..£14.49

Can they do this???

P.S The statements on my other thread are the only documents they sent me, the rest of the paperwork was just a copy of our conversations over the past 6 years
link3.gif