Court action in Scotland / I'm in Wales?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4578 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

MOVED to Scottish legal subforum.

Hi all,

I signed as co-guarantor for my daughter's flat in Scotland in 2009. This was extended with an appendix when my daughter's BF (and in effect his co-guarantor) moved out at the end of the lease and my daughter took over the lease in 2010. I wasn't sent the appendix from July 2010 until I requested it a few months ago.

I am now on benefits and paying my creditors 0 to £1 per month.

She has moved and can't pay about £1000 arrears. Neither can I. She is going into an official debt management scheme in Scotland.

The agents have threatened me with court plus costs if I don't pay immediately.

I live in Wales. Which court would the claim be heard in?

If I try and defend as I never signed/knew about my increased exposure through the appendix will that be in Scotland?

Do I stand a chance or should I offer £1 per month?

I don't have any CCJs. If I get a CCJ in Scotland, how will it affect my ability to rent property in Wales?

Any advice would be appreciated; I could do without this, I have plenty of problems of my own.

Sorry for the barrage of questions.

Cheers,

Edited by Rocky Roadster

Rocky

Hi all,

I signed as co-guarantor for my daughter's flat in Scotland in 2009. This was extended with an appendix when my daughter's BF (and in effect his co-guarantor) moved out at the end of the lease and my daughter took over the lease in 2010. I wasn't sent the appendix from July 2010 until I requested it a few months ago.

I am now on benefits and paying my creditors 0 to £1 per month.

She has moved and can't pay about £1000 arrears. Neither can I. She is going into a debt advisory scheme in Scotland.

The agents have threatened me with court plus costs if I don't pay immediately.

I live in Wales. Which court would the claim be heard in?

If I try and defend as I never signed/knew about my increased exposure through the appendix will that be in Scotland?

Do I stand a chance or should I offer £1 per month?

I don't have any CCJs. If I get a CCJ in Scotland, how will it affect my ability to rent property in Wales?

Any advice would be appreciated; I could do without this, I have plenty of problems of my own.

Sorry for the barrage of questions.

Cheers,

PS posted in legal issues forum first, but this forum is more pertinent I hope.

Rocky

When you say debt advisory scheme do you mean a DAS? Debt arrangement scheme?

If so then she is offering to pay them around 95% of the debt back herself. Don't be bullied into making payments when your daughter is dealing with it.

B