lucyec v RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks littlesally, I know they try to make you sign stuff about 'full and final settlements'. However, even if I did sign anything (which I don't intend to ;) ), as far as I'm aware it doesn't matter what I sign as it's my legal right to claim what is mine. I refer to this in a post from Stonelaughter on

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/royal-bank-scotland-bank/6721-stacymason-rbos-2.html

"It doesn't matter what you sign; you cannot sign a legal right away if it's granted in Law. You could sign an affadavit saying I will never ever claim from you again for anything at all; and then claim the next day because you are legally entitled to that for which you claim.

So - even if you signed an "any and all claims, and all future claims" clause, it could only make it slightly more difficult. You can claim for charges going back as far as the bank has records; although no-one has tried to go beyond the six years yet in court."

~

:p I'm a lover, not a fighter... well, most of the time :razz: ~

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Lucy

I am in a similar position just got my statements and am going through them. I also have a 2k overdraft with them, there very keen to get you into this position in the first place! Keep us posted!

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

Just a thought, but if your partner believes he has a pretty good credit history but is struggling to get a bank acct, and if you stay at the same address, maybe its because they are linking your financial status with his (Sorry to say!?). Just a thought. I know you can put an entry in a credit file to say you guys are not financially linked etc. If I was him I would send for his credit report(S) and leave off getting a joint acct or making any joint applications on anything until you get your credit history cleaned up - this site has got lots of good info for getting defaults removed etc to assist with this.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Lucy,

check out MSE's website (link on top of page), Martin has got a section on getting your Credit Reports for free and how to amend entries and improve your credit rating, sorry I didn't think of this before:oops:

BC:razz:

Big Col:p

RBS LBA 20/06/06. WON - 21/10/06

MBNA(1)-Start-20/06/06, Claim-£250, 15/8 - Winner!!

MBNA Virgin(2)-Start-20/06/06, Claim £100, 15/8 - Winner!!

BoS MCard Data Protection Act Sent 20/06/06 - WON 16/10/06

Green On!

If the post/advice helps, pse click on the scales!! :cool:

Thanks for your tips both - my partner and I already have our credit reports (although I didnt know you could get them for free, hmph!) and neither of us show up on the others. We are both digging into our credit histories, he's found a default which he'd forgotten about so thinks that is whats preventing him getting a current account. However, this will drop off in a couple of months, so he's not too worried about it. We've only been living together since April, so we are not officially linked financially at all - everything is in his name, we don't have any joint accounts or anything in joint names. I just make my contribution direct to him in cash or bank transfers.

I have started looking into how to improve my credit rating/file.... I have a lot of reading ahead of me as I want to make sure I have all the info I need before taking any action. In the short term I'm just concentrating on this RBS claim, my recently closed Sky account and my recently cancelled New Look store card as these are all current issues. I want to get these all done and dusted before I start looking into old debts etc.

So hopefully on the road to financial recovery.... a long way to go yet though.

Cheers for the support guys, much appreciated :)

~

Howdy Lucy.

Barclaycard and a company called Vanquis offer credit cards to people with pretty bad credit histories, it's not like the Capital 1 card where you have to pay them a deposit. They only offer £250 credit limits, and their interest rates / APR's are pretty high, but if you get one and perhaps spend £10 a month, or get your weekly shop on it once a month, then pay back the balance in full it'll greatly improve your credit rating, that's what i did, I didn't hardly use the card and set up a direct debit to pay the balance in full at the end of each month, since then I've managed to get a mortgage and a loan, so I think it definately worked for me.

You do need to have the self control to not use it all the time though, 'cause the APR is a killer.

01/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - S.A.R sent

24/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Statements Received

31/08/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - 1st Request sent

13/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - LBA sent

23/09/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - Offer received £1544 (Thanks but no thanks)

02/10/06- Royal Bank of Scotland - *WON* Full settlement

Can I just ask - has anyone attempted to claim more than £5 in England all at once, without splitting the claim up?? I would be interested to know more if there is any info on the subject??

Ta. L

(Also.... pretty please can someone change the title of my thread??!)

~

£5 :) Yep, I think 100% of people have!

Don't know about £5k though.

Im not sure if you can change the subject, you might have to ask a moderator to change it for you.

Lucy,

I can't be sure but I think there have been. It looks like Jenkellyxx is doing something similar so check out their thread, Davefirewalker's advice was to adjust it to less than £5k and then do them separately I guess.

BC8-)

Green On!

Hiya BC, yep, I know I'm supposed to divide it up and do it in 2 claims....but being ever impatient would quite like to get it over with in one go:rolleyes: ... anyway, I wasn't sure if anyone had actually dared do this yet!! If I could do it all at once £6,000 would clear all my debts off (student loan aside) plus I wouldn't have to go through all this rigmarole again :) ...maybe I'm just lazy?! :wink:

~

Im kinda doing the same thing, but im in Scotland so have to split up a claim of £2360 into 3 or 4 claims (£750 limit in Scotland), I am however going to just submit all 4 at the same time, so theoretically the bank should just settle them all at the same time.

In the letters to the bank im just claiming for the full amount.

I intend to split it at the court stage, which should be in just under two weeks (I doubt they'll settle before then 'cause I havn't had 1 reply to any letter I've sent them yet).

im in the similar boat to yuorself as i was sick of barclays sending paper saying admin charge here and there while at university, asked for a ist of statements from year 2000 september, so will seek more guidnce soon hehe

Ha! There was me boasting on someone elses thread about RBS not taking the £10 S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) fee, and its gone out today, more than a month after they sent my statements to me!! I reckon its because I didn't mention the part about reclaiming charges in my SAR, and now they've received my prelim they're playing nasty - how flippin' childish!

~

Well,

it's either that or somebody forgot to tell somebady else and they forgot to press the button that makes the thingamybob go round and make the widget wiggle. Oh no, that would assume that there was some form of manual intervention somewhere in the bank.....

Bon oeuf!!

BC8)

Green On!

not you as well. theve just cashed my cheque as well and would you beleive it, there wasnt egnough money in my abbey account to cover it and now i've had a charge!!!!!!!!!!! looks like i'm going for abbey next lol

rbos prem letter sent 25th aug 06

give me 10 more days letter received 2nd sept 06

lba sent 7th sept 06

settled in full 7/10/2006

Whoop!! Got my first reply from RBS today:

Dear Lucy

Re: Case Reference xxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your letter of 7 September about charges incurred on your account. I am sorry you were unhappy with the service you recently received, but grateful that you took the time to write and explain why.

I am already looking into your concerns, and am liaising with our Head Office regarding a refund for you. I will contact you again within the next two weeks, either with a full response, or to let you know what progress I have made.

I shall do my utmost to resolve your complaint quickly and to your complete satisfaction, but so that you are aware of all the options available to you, I have enclosed a leaflet that explains how we handle customer complaints.

If you need to contact to me inthe mean time, please call me on 01642 225626 and I will be happy to help.

Yours sincerely,

Alison Coote

Customer Service Officer

How very polite :). Shall I write back to acknowledge receipt, thus warning of my impending LBA.... or just send my LBA on Thursday as planned without saying anything??

~

Send your LBA anyway.

I must be doing something wrong, I sent my LBA last week and I havn't had 1 response yet (at all, to any of my letters) :(

Remember to keep to your timetable, not theirs (as polite as they might be :) ).

Yep, thats what I thought, thanks sleepz. The more I read it, the more I think its just a standard letter as their complaints procedure (yes I read the leaflet!!) states they try to resolve things within 2 weeks. Where've you been sending your letters? I've been sending to my branch (Middlesbrough) and they've been fairly prompt with replies so far... once it gets to 'Head Office' though, I can see it being dragged out like everyone else's.

~