£100 for 4 transactions going over the agreed limit

Mosunsun
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5994 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys !

Mine is only a small case when compared to most of you ! I have been using HSBC since I was born and I never had any problem. In the last 3 years, occassionally I went over my agreed overdraft limit and they never charged me. They normally sent me a letter or gave me a call to remind me.

Then suddenly, they started charging me with £4 a day to start. I complaint and they refunded in full and sent me an updated "price list" which stated that every transaction go beyong the limit will be charged at £25/transaction.

This month on the same day, they allowed 4 transaction to happen which went over my limit by only £93 pound. And guess what, they charged me £100 !!!!

For me, I feel it's outrageous because if they charge me £25, then I would say fair enough, you said it upfront. But what I did not notice is, they said £25 PER transaction...and I didn't make the decision for letting further transactions to be done. I hate it when in the letter, they are being so patronising and said "it's for customers' convenience that they allowed account to go beyond the limit and started that if Direct Debit got rejected, it would have been £30. RIGHT, very generous of you HSBC !

I have adapted the first letter for this complaint. I am going to send it out today.

Not only the money, but the principle !

Guys, anyone have claimed "overdrafted review fee" before ?

• 1 year later...