Access by newly apointed Management company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just recieved a letter this morning stating that a letting management company have now taken over looking after this property on behalf of my landlord. And all rent has to be paid to them.

They have stated that they are to come and Inspect the property on wednesday afternoon and have stated that if that is not convienent for me they will carry out the inspection by using their management access keys to the property.

Can they legally just turn up and enter the property withoput me being present ?

Quick response would be good as need to sort this out quick as I work away often

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Until you are notified by the LANDLORD, ignore the management company (other than below). They could be anybody - If I sent you a letter saying 'send your rent to me', would you?

However, the agency DO NOT have a right to enter the property without your express permission - google 'quiet enjoyment'. Write to them (1st class signed for) and tell them that they may not enter the property unacompanied, but if they wish to telephone you on such and such a date you will be happy to let them view the property at your mutual convenience subject to the landlord onfirming their appointment.

What access rights does the landlord have?

The landlord or agent has the legal right to enter the property at reasonable times of day to carry out the repairs for which the landlord is responsible and to inspect the condition and state of the repair of the property. The Landlord must give 24 hours’ notice in writing of an inspection.

Quiet Enjoyment

The tenant has the legal right to live in the property as his or her home. The Landlord must ask the tenant’s permission before entering the premises.

Should these responsibilities and rights be included in the tenancy agreement?

Statutory responsibilities and rights will apply to you and the tenant even if they are not included in the tenancy agreement.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/unfair_contract_terms/oft356.pdf

Edited by cerberusalert

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi,

Just recieved a letter this morning stating that a letting management company have now taken over looking after this property on behalf of my landlord. And all rent has to be paid to them.

They have stated that they are to come and Inspect the property on wednesday afternoon and have stated that if that is not convienent for me they will carry out the inspection by using their management access keys to the property.

Can they legally just turn up and enter the property withoput me being present ?

Quick response would be good as need to sort this out quick as I work away often

Ian

They do have to give you at least 24/48 hours notice of a inspection.

But

It has to be convenient to you the tenant and Not the landlord or letting management,you can say No to them.

You are in your rights to Change the locks to your own making sure you cause no damage and replace the locks to the original one's when the tenancy ends.

You have a right of privacy and you can stop strangers going around your home when your not in..

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...