Rejecting a brand new car.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I am after some advice pleas ASAP. Three weeks ago I purchased a new fiat 500 and two days after collection and after only having done 70 miles it was back at the main dealers with the engine management light on. I was given a car to use while they were going to carry out a simple repair that I was told it required. Well to cut a long story short it has been three weeks now as the simple repair required turned out to be a major repair, the vehicle wiring harness to be replaced. I have told them I want to reject the vehicle, the repair required the full strip out of the car interior, dashboard and the removal of the doors. To me now this is not a new car as manufactured. All i want is the vehicle replaced for one that has not been stripped right down, I dont think this unreasonable considering how long they have had the vehicle and the age,milage it has done, or not done.

I don't think you will have the right to reject the car simply because it has been stripped out, fixed and put back together.

"New" cars do not have to be in pristine condition and untouched since leaving the factory belt. Even a "new" car may have sustained minor damage in transit and, provided it is repaired to a satisfactory standard, still qualifies as new dispite maybe having a bit of a paint job or even a panel repair.