Miz_print v Swift Advances

miz_print
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you read what i put correctly i said that i have done the first spreadsheet and done it exactly as it tells you to do which is how i arrived at the £445.01. I also thought that you also then had to add 8% to the total or is this incorrect? or does the first spreadsheet do it all for you?

Maths is not my strong point so sorry for it not sinking in :oops:

Edited by miz_print

Miz_Print v Halifax Won :-D 24th july 2007:D

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When i read the statement on the fourth spreadsheet this is what confused me,

This fourth spreadsheet is useful in calculating a regulatory based compound interest award for PPI on a Revolving Credit Account. Not all statements are required for this sheet because it will work out the compound interest on the PPI payments you do know about. It will not work out the additional 8% interest, to do that you will need spreadsheet three above AND all of your statements.

Hope you now understand what i mean lol

you cant claim CI & stat int!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

use the CISheetV101 for a better outcome

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, can i ask again if anyone has an agreement to hand dated 2007 that states the mortgage exit fee, i have mine but looked and looked and i can't see what it was. I paid £250 in 2008 when i settled.

Hi Miz, it's hard to find where Swift have been repaid as so many peeps can't escape, but worth looking back at historic posts on thread where you should find cases repaid. I remember people posted on Sparkies thread in the past, came on and said they had escaped Swift.

Hi, sent a SOC and a letter requesting added fees today recorded delivery, not holding my breath as haven't read anywhere of anyone getting a refund.

Will keep you posted of the outcome.

Miz

Two threads merged

Please keep to one thread for this Swift Charges Reclaim. I've also changed the title slightly to better reflect the issue

ims

Sorry ims forgot i had added this thread also...probably stressed with all the claims going on :roll:

Swift send out a list of 'fees' / 'charges' it should be highlighted on there.....

Never had one that states the exit fee, i have a letter with all other charges except this..typical

• 2 weeks later...

Well i got a letter from Swift. I did add all court fees/litigation charges (thought i would try!) but they have said they will refund me as a gesture of good will just short of £600 plus interest. I am finding this hard to swallow as they are 3 default charges of £110 and 1 for £250 plus other fees for arrears management of £70 and £23 letters etc.

Any advice as whether i should just except this offer as i may end up with nothing or should i write back and try bartering so to speak?

Miz

I got a reply from Central Capital the brokers for the Swift loan and they have partially upheld my claim. They didn't agree with some of the mis-selling points as they said we ticked the box for ppi and as we didn't have anything else in place to protect us they decided we did in fact need it!

They have upheld it as they said we may have lost out finacially if we settled the loan early which we did after a year and didn't get a rebate which we didn't. They are waiting for more information as tothe status of the loan from Swift...playing for time i think as they know very well it is paid off. Do not know any figures as yet but i am sure it will be as small as possible....

Miz

nope write back asking where the rest of it is!

dx

and they

Thanks Dx for replying quickly.

How do you suggest i word the letter? they sent me a acceptance form with the amount etc...what if they just tell me to go to the FOS?

miz

what if they dont.......

just write asking where is the rest , you cant just refund xx%

dx

and they

Got a second letter from Swift and they said they dealt with my charges claim in the first letter and stand by their decision to refund the £600ish plus interest and that it is their final decision or i can send it to the FOS.

I really don't want to do that as i will be ages, probably just goig to accept :sad:

Miz

You certainly haven't got anything to lose by going to the FOS (who will charge Swift £500 to investigate your complaint). Did your broker ever take you through through a 'needs' statement with you when you took out the PPI - I bet they didn't !!!

yep go for fos dont accept

why not write and tell them that

if you do not refund me with £XXXX for unlawful PENALTY charge + £XXX interest on the same by XX/XX/XXXX

you leave me no alternative than to fwd the complaint to the FOS,

this will cost you a further +£500 investigation fee.

should i fail to hear something positive from you by the above date

i will automatically involve the FOS without further notice

dx

and they