Capital Gift Vouchers time expired

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good Morning,

Sounds stupid I know but when I retired in 2007 I was given an envelope with about £300 worth of gift vouchers. I put them aside until I could find something to buy. I forgot about them until this week and fetched them out again. It turns out that the vouchers have an expiry date about 12 months after issue (expired Sept 2008).

I spoke to the Customer Service people and they simply said that there is no further action they can take as the deal the gift voucher company has is that once the expiry date passes then that's it.

Given that my employer spent almost £300 with this company it seems a bit unfair that the money just goes to the gift voucher company without any goods being supplied.

Has anyone come across this before and found a solution?

thanks

Hi both,

Thanks for the responses. The date is marked on the vouchers but they were in an envelope given to me with a letter that said the value. I didn't need to view the vouchers at all so didn't even think about time expiration. I'm only used to the John Lewis vouchers that have no end date. I suppose it's further complicated by the contract being between my ex-employer and the voucher company rather than me.

Expensive lesson I guess.

cheers