Help HFO LITIGATION THREATS

kokobhu
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, I have a problem with HFO,

its a long running battle really going back 2004 regarding a loan from Welcome.

HFO came on the scene in 2008 and sent me their usual logistic card! Hurrah!

since then its been a nightmare.

I made a critical error of paying them some amount towards the initial debt of 1,500 had swollen considerably to about 2,500 or something by the time I made a payment.

I then decided to see if the company was legit and to utter horror I realized that I had just compounded my problem.

So I CCA them , they didn't reply or acknowledge my letter and I sent two more reminders which they ignored,

all this in Nov 2008 right up to February 2009.

In between I received a call from the HFO office thanking me for making a 1 pound payment towards my debt,

and that was when it dawned on me that they were not going to play by the books.

I have not heard from them since the last default letter I sent them in 2009 and now again I am receiving litigation notification letters and progressively too,

the last one is SCHEDULE OF LITIGATION LETTER.

Any advice will be most welcome.

the hfo crew will be here in the morning

just type in hfo in the advanced search top right

you'll soon get the idea

nothing to worry about really

bet the letter are littered with

if/might/could/ intend etc etc

anyway

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi and Welcome to CAG

Do you still have copies of the CCA requests you sent?. If they are in default of your request they cannot take action against you and are just trying it on. Would suggest that you send them the Account in Dispute letter but adapt it to give details of your original CCA request and attach copies

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?436-Failure-to-provide-a-copy-of-the-agreement-within-the-prescribed-timescale

Alos an immediate complaint to OFT about this

http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus for the attention of Polly Ashford

When did you pay them something and how much?

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

It could be argued that you paid the money under extreme duress and if it was paid over the phone they should have a copy of the recording - which could be asked for in a defence.

Pity you didn't google them when they first tried to contact you. However we are on the case for you now.

Hi Guys, I just discovered that I had actually s.a.r welcome finance back in 2009 , in the heat of this onslaught from HFO, but in the document they sent to me even as I look closely tonight, there is no mention of HFO! or a DCA, or an onward transfer of the debt, it only hints the date when the debt was written off. HFO was supposed to be in the picture well before this disclosure, why then didn't it mention HFO or include any deed of assignment if indeed such ever took place, if this is the case, is it legal ? and can one then conclude based on this disclosure that HFO's claim are dubious.If so what would be the next step of action, particularly in the face of a litigation threat either real or otherwise from HFO.Please advice.