Chubb Fire Securities - disputed premuim owed - claim forms received - help

SK001
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4591 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I had Chubb Fire Securities as my alarm suppliers.

After shopping around I gave them appropriate notice and moved my suppliers.

Please note that I own the system outright. They were just maintaining and monitoring the alarm.

However on the day new company came to switch to their service, we found out that the alarm system had been locked by Chubb Fire.

When we contacted Chub Fire they refused to give any codes or send some one to open the system.

The only explanation I got from them was that we are not their customers any more.

Surely they have a duty of care towards their customers to leave the system open.

Unfortunately upon many requests, I did not get anywhere with Chubb Fire.

In the meantime there was a failed burgulary attempt at our house.

I was now very concerned to get the alarm fixed.

I was left with no option but to install new system at the cost of approximately £291.

Chubb Fire had also sent me a final bill after closing my account totalling approximately £375.

I did not agree with it and asked them to compensate me first for the cost that I had to incur and it could have been totally avoided if they had co operated in the first place.

now they are taking me to court and the hearing has been set to take place on 2nd December.

What I have put in my defence is this:-

“Please also note that I had been acustomer of Chubb Fire for a number of years.

To ensure that I get good value for money I got some quotes and found a much better deal than what Chubb Fire &Security Company could offer me.

I gave them an appropriate notice and advised that I will not require their services any more.

At the same time I requested that they either let us have the access codes to program the system with our new supplier

or they could send out an engineer to let us have access to our system.

To my disappointment none of the above took place and Chubb Fire manager blatantly refused to do any of the above

which is not only unprofessional but very unreasonable to not to allow me to have access to my own alarm system.

I also complained to Chubb Fire customer services about the attitude of their staff and unprofessional manner they chose to deal with this issue.

After various attempts I could not get anywhere with their customer services to resolve this matter.

As a last resort I had to get my existing alarm system disconnected and have a new one installed at my own expense.

I was more under pressure to do this since there was a recent burglary attempt at our house and I was very concerned about the safety of my family.

I had explained the situation to Chubb Fire & Security company staff.

I would not have had to go through all the stress, inconvenience and costly exercise to replace the alarm if Chubb Fire & Security company would have cooperated.

I would therefore request you to grant me a compensation for my costs of £291.82 to replace the system plus the cost of time for putting defence together plus interest.”

Please note that I have no experience in dealing with court cases and putting defence together.

Could you kindly HELP me and guide me as to what to do now and do I haveany strength in my argument.

Please also note that I am unemployed at the moment and Chubb Fire Security Company has added so many costs that the debt is nearly £700 instead of original £375.

PLEASE HELP !!!!!