DMS Capital Recoveries Offer

zakfixit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3919 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for thoughts and views on this. I had a flat repossessed in 1997 and the mortgage company sold it for a £23K shortfall due to negative equity, costs etc.

Due to personal circumstances I have been making payments of between £5 to £15 every month since 2003 on an agreed payment plan. Over the years they send me a letter every few months offering for me to clear this large debt with a lump sum payment of a few thousand.

They've just sent me one and on a £22K debt (now) they're prepared to accept £500 to clear this debt. Why would they do this as it's a massive shortfall ? They've said a 'satisfaction letter would be issued once payment is cleared and you would not be required to make any further repayments to us. Our Client will reserve the right to pursue any other liable party (including Guarantors if applicable) for any unpaid liability left following your payment'. There was just me on the mortgage and no Guarantor either.

Appreciate you reading this :)

Hmm - you might not be required to pay them any more money, but are they going to sell the remaining balance on to another DCA ? I think you need to establish that your payment of £500 would be full and final and no other company can chase you for the shortfall in the future.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hmm - you might not be required to pay them any more money, but are they going to sell the remaining balance on to another DCA ? I think you need to establish that your payment of £500 would be full and final and no other company can chase you for the shortfall in the future.

Agreed a full and final would be req'd.......as this (( They've said a 'satisfaction letter would be issued once payment is cleared )) would or could just apply to your credit file..