UK CPS PCN -, but without issuing a ticket? Is this possible?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3476 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ive just come home to find a letter from UK CPS, a notice to owner that 'must not be ignored'.

It states that my car (correct reg) was in a retail car park on a certain date and at a certain time and that a ticket was issued. I must now pay £100.

1. I didnt even know where this was until I googled it!! Turns out its a local retail park, but since it was 3 weeks ago, I dont know if I was there or not!?

2. I have never been issued with any sort of parking fine at this retail park.

3. The retail park is free parking!!!!! so Im not not purchasing a ticket or running out of time. The letter states that I was parked in a disabled bay without a disk. This is something that I just dont do.

4 I cant believe that this company that is based in Leeds, employ people to sit in carparks where there is no charge, to monitor what must be a minimal amount of disabled parking spaces?!! I wonder how they police the mother and baby spaces?!!

This just seems ridiculous.

What do I do.

Can they issue a ticket without attaching it to the car? Im lost for words on this one. They are saying its too late to pay a reduced rate of £60 - but Ive never had the chance (not that I think I should) because they didnt issue me with a ticket.

Ive seen a lot of posts on here saying ignore them.

Ive called my trading standards office and their advice was to write to them asking for photographic evidence of the offense.

Any other advice? Should I do that or am I admitting it ?

Just ignore them and don't contact them. One piece of advice though, reps from UKCPS are known to monitor these forums. So be very careful what you say on here regarding the identity of the driver and do not reply to any private messages you receive. That might be UKCPS on a "fishing expedition".

Just to clear up one point. This is not a FINE, it's an unenforceable invoice.

I successfully defended a work mates "demand for payment" by using contract law and asking for documentary evidence..... I think that was CPS too. Anyway wrote a letter, sent it recorded and said that as CPS was a third party and not the landowner, the contract is between the car owner and CPS. Contract law states that the amount demanded must be equivalent to the loss that they allege they incurred and you should put them to strict proof of the £100 loss. We received a letter saying "on this occasion, we will be taking no further action"

Remember.... This is not a fine, it is a demand for payment, that's like me asking you for £100

Gbarbm

Hello there, welcome to the forum.

My advice would be to stop worrying and have a read around the threads here about various muppets who issue 'fines', which you should find illuminating. You could also use the Search Tool to check specific UKPCS threads.

Good advice from DBC about PMs.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Ignore them. Good for Gbarbm if he got them to cancel it, but you needn't bother. Just ignore and they will give up. You don't owe them anything, they can't make you pay, and nothing will happen to you.

By the way - double check that letter - if its called "notice to owner" that's naughty.

I take your point about ignoring it, but my only concern is that these shysters sometimes pass it to a DCA (and we all know what they're like!) so at least if you have got a response from them in the form of a letter it's difficult for them to forward progress their demand

Gbarbm

The contract is not between the "car owner" and UKCPS it. it's between the driver and the parking company. As for a DCA, why worry about a bunch of powerless private citizens with no more right than you or I to demand money off people?

Sorry did I say owner, I meant driver. You are right of course, one option is to ignore it, it's just I am old fashioned and like a bit of paperwork....must be all my years as a civil servant ;-)

Gbarbm

Ignore them. Good for Gbarbm if he got them to cancel it, but you needn't bother. Just ignore and they will give up. You don't owe them anything, they can't make you pay, and nothing will happen to you.

By the way - double check that letter - if its called "notice to owner" that's naughty.

Yes, the letter does say Notice to Owner/Hirer/Driver on the top line.

Is it likely that they can pass this to a debt recovery company?

Should I ask them for photographic evidence? or is any interaction with them jsut encouraging more hassle?

Just dont need this !

It's up to you really ecb. you can ignore it but in my honest opinion they can pass it on to DCA. I just think if you put them to strict proof of;

1. Documentary/photographic date/time stamped evidence that your vehicle was actually there and

2. Written evidence of their alleged loss (under contract law) of the £100

By writing this letter, if they do refer it to DCA without responding to you, you will have concrete proof that you had attempted to resolve it

Gbarbm

You don't need to do anything like that. Just ignoring them is always the best plan. Stop taking them seriously. They are not the police or the council.They are just a tin-pot private parking company. End of story.

As for debt collectors. Please read my post above. Another bunch of powerless private citizens who can also be ignored.

By writing this letter, if they do refer it to DCA without responding to you, you will have concrete proof that you had attempted to resolve it

Thanks for that. If it does get passed to a DCA, what good would that proof be? Wouldnt they just say we bought the debt which wasnt resolved despite my efforts? - sorry, Im a bit confused ...:-/

UKCPS ignore them! They then pass it to court proceedings ltd, which must be them because they dont have a CCA licence so can only chase their own debts! Ignore them! Court proceedings then pass it back to UKCPS ignore them some more.

The do have a history of proceeding with disabled bay claims, but its normally when Mr Haswell has gained information from somewhere!

It would be worthwhile writing to them if only you didn't get complete and utter garbage back!

But the matter will be shown to be in dispute in which case they are not supposed to pass it on

I say again you are taking this matter much too seriously. It has been found time and time again that a simple "ignore" is always the best plan. There is no "debt". No credit agreement has been signed, and the amount of money they are demanding bears no relation to the actual loss suffered by the landowner.

All I can tell you is a mate of mine (who received a ticket under the same circumstances around about the time that I successfully defended my work mate) decided to ignore them, was sent various letters from the car park company and eventually decided to write to them as I had done and she hasn't heard anything since. All my knowledge on this is based upon my own experience.

Gbarbm

just like the other ticket you got a while back....IGNORE.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

I have now been sent a letter headed with: Court Poceedings Limited London.

It advises not to ignore the letter and that immediate payment is now required. It states that UKCPS Ltd have instructed them to collect the debt before court proceedings are instigated. That they have been authorised to offer the opportunity to settle the debt in full by paying the amound of £120.

Is this a bogus company?

Will court proceedings follow?

If they do, what do I have to do? Turn up or can I now ask them for proof that I was driving and proof that they have incurred the charge that the slapped on?

Please help with this......

Is this a bogus company?

Not exactly bogus, but still a similar toothless company set up purely to carry on the "smoke and mirrors" game of the PPCs. Note the official sounding name create solely to mislead you into thinking they are official court type people

Will court proceedings follow?

1 in a million chance. If you're feeling that lucky, please will you tell me which lottery numbers you are putting on this week as I would like to copy them

yep!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, came online to try and help my Grandson who has recieved a 'illegal parking' notice, by a company called Flashpark no ticket was issued and as it was a hired car the notice first went tho them then the hire company passed it on to my Grandson with a £35 administration fee! my point is if we ignore this 'fine' it seems that the hire company will charge £35 for every letter that will be sent to them via Flashpark. I did Google Flaspark a company that used to clamp and they are the third party in all of this, also, we do not regonise the place where he was suppose to be 'illegally parked as the smudged black and white picture isn't very clear, it says it was 20th October the offence occured and he just recieved the letter yesterday. the letter at the top is stamped with 'Liability for this notice lies with you the owner/driver/hirer. can anyone please help

I think the first thing to do is check your agreement with the hire company and see what it says.

I would advise you start a new thread - you're more likely to get advice. Many people who help on here won't revisit this old thread if they've seen it already, and won't see your new enquiry.

Hi, came online to try and help my Grandson who has recieved a 'illegal parking' notice, by a company called Flashpark no ticket was issued and as it was a hired car the notice first went tho them then the hire company passed it on to my Grandson with a £35 administration fee! my point is if we ignore this 'fine' it seems that the hire company will charge £35 for every letter that will be sent to them via Flashpark. I did Google Flaspark a company that used to clamp and they are the third party in all of this, also, we do not regonise the place where he was suppose to be 'illegally parked as the smudged black and white picture isn't very clear, it says it was 20th October the offence occured and he just recieved the letter yesterday. the letter at the top is stamped with 'Liability for this notice lies with you the owner/driver/hirer. can anyone please help

write to the hire company and point out that you did not enter into any contract regarding parking with the above named company

and that the INVOICE they have received is nothing more than bog paper

please dont charge me £35 to fwd bog paper

dx

and they