Ticket was torn up by warden, should I respond? (TCP)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A while ago I parked for a very short period (say 10 mins) having mistaken the operating hours of a local NHS car park's paying policy, and received a ticket on my return from Town and City Parking (TCP). I rapidly persuaded the warden that it was silly and probably unfair etc etc and he tore the ticket up in front of me and promised it would go no further.

Somewhat predictably I've now received a very standard letter demanding payment, so should I:

a) Ignore entirely (I'm less keen on this simply because I'd hate for my lodgers to potentially end up dealing with bailiffs if it did go that far, and in any event I feel I am in the right completely)

b) Respond and say that the warden invalidated the ticket in front of me

c) Respond and say that on my return to the vehicle there was no ticket attached and thus the penalty is invalid. (Although they might have photos of the ticket originally being on my vehicle?)

My instinct would be to do 'b' but I'm not quite sure how I'd prove that the warden tore up the ticket, would I need to? Suggested wording?

Many thanks!

ignore totally

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hello there. If you have time, please have a read around the forum because it should reassure you. Town and City don't have any special powers and are more likely to involve debt collectors than bailiffs.

You will probably receive a series of increasingly scary but desperate letters trying to prise cash out of you, but if you contact them at all, you will be seen as more likely to pay up and they may increase the pressure. You can trust the guys here, do what they say and come back to us if the correspondence spooks you.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

If you write and say he tore up the PCN, they will send you a letter rejecting your "appeal" and telling you you'd better pay or else. This is their business model - invoice people and insist they have to pay. Do you think companies like this will read yuor letter with an open mind, ponder your situation, be generous in their assessment and say fair's fair, let's tell him we don't want him to pay?

Your realistic choices are pay or ignore. Since I'm rather attached to my wages and am not in the habit of giving it away to people who write letters telling me they'd like it themselves, I know which one I'd do.

I too was worried but after the advice on here, I got all the scary letters and ignored and it went away, leaving me laughing at them and all the other dodgy

parking companies, I private company cannot issue a fine anyway so it is just ink on paper and worthless.

Well that seems pretty conclusive! Have to say I was a little wary of just ignoring but have been quite reassured by reading a bit more advice on here, I'll let you know it goes.

If it wasn't quite so arbitrary I still think it's pretty shocking that the local NHS car park (for a small town hospital without A&E) is operated in this way.

Thanks again!