Refused credit, can't open a bank account, even basic ones!

Mr.Arsenal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3256 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there people, here is my full situation: I have been the victim of fraud where I gave two people I know my details and they said they are going to transfer money into my account so I have them info such as my PIN, internet banking number etc. and we drove to a bank and they told me to get the money from the counter, they got most of the money whilst I got little, from their actions my account was cancelled and I am now refused credit. I am in a dire situation thanks to people I thought I knew well, but now I don't know where I'm going to put my student finance next year or even EMA this year as I haven't got an account!

Hi there, I was just wondering how I can get my credit report if I haven't got a debit/credit card?

And what I can do to get a debit card 'cos I am in urgent need, I feel like crying!

I have tried one basic bank account - Co-Op but they rejected me and I don't want to try too many because I heard it affects your credit rating - not that mine isn't that bad already. PLEASE HELP ME.

you can get a pre pay credit card (works like a top up phone) Cashplus do one it gives you the freedom to pay bills shop online etc, you can even have your wages paid in but you can only spend whats on card. Other than that you could go to building society and get an instant access savings account a lot of building societies do them (small ones are better but Nationwide do one) That again has no credit allowed

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

So have you not reported this to the Police?

That would have been my first port of call if I had been a victim of fraud, not that they will do anything, just I'd want a crime number to give to anyone trying to reclaim money off me.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

savings accounts are available at nearly all Building Societies, you need one that gives a card to withdraw from cash machine and also instant access too. Most building Societies do them, it is for normally teenagers or 16-17 year olds who struggle to get bank accounts. Most wont do direct debits but will accept payments in (benefits, tax credit, EMA)

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

• 3 months later...

I still haven't got a bank account, I haven't applied in a long time, should I apply again? Also, how can you make a credit report order if you haven't got a debit card to order it with.. i.e. how do you male a postal order?

Try Halifax Easycash online account, that can be signed up for in the branch or online, it is a basic account where you get a Visa Electron card, you can set up direct debits and standing orders and use fast payment to pay somebody. It is a very good account as you cannot get overdrawn on it.

• 3 years later...
Just wanted to ask if you were able to open a normal bank account after all this time as I'm in the same situation as you at the moment

You won't get an answer on a four year old thread, you should start your own 'new thread' where it will be seen by others...

Just go into the banking forums and start a new thread there....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!