PPI complaint has not been upheld?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Folks,

I have just received one of five PPIlink3.gif complaints back from Barclayslink3.gif along with Bank Statement for that particular loan I took showing my Barclayloan £49.92 and PPI payments of £9.61.

Apparently they have been unable to locate a policy in the my name and account ref xxxx xxxxx As a result my complaint has not been upheld?

BarclayCard have sent me a statement, is the fact the PPI compliant references a loan taken out in 1997/8 got to do with it. such as, they don't hold my policy records any more.. BUT they sent me a statement huh.

Please advise as I am about to send them a follow up letter with my findings.

I have searched around and "How far back can I claim" Is not an issue. As long as I have a reference account/loan number, loan payment and ppi premium charge, BarclayCard can easily work the figure out, or foslink3.gif can on their behalf.

Update:: Made a telephone call to Barclays.

Barclays said they cant find my policy because it's more than 10 years old.

Also I need to provide more info (What more do they need?)

But they sent a Bank statement referring to that loan with enough details such as, Branch, Loan amount, PPI premium and year 1997/98 date etc etc to suggest it wouldn't be hard to work out the length of the loan.

I have sent a follow up letter already stating I believe the loan amount was for £2.5k and that I will cc FOS as they can work it for me on BarclayCard behalf.

Good news 4 other PPI complaints have been upheld and they are aggregating them into one Payment. Oh yeah... plus I am sure there is a £5k, £2.5k and £1k loans that I took out.

Cheers

Edited by african_igbo

Master Sun SAID:

Ultimate Excellence Lies Not in Winning Every Battle

But In Defeating the Enemy Without Ever Fighting.8-)

If you have a statement showing the account number and PPI payments on it then that should be sufficient for them to be able to find the account.

At the very least you can prove there was an account with that number and they were taking monies for PPI.

So copy the statement and send it to them..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for your heads up, The funny thing is that they sent me the Bank Statement copy with the details.

They are claiming they can't locate or find my policy.

As you have said, I have sent the Bank statement copy to Barclays and FOS, and said work it out, as it cant be that hard such as £2.5k over a few years.

Cheers.

Master Sun SAID:

Please keep us updated on this :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I telephoned Barclays with the telephone number provided on the letter, as apparently this is the ONLY number for Barclays and Barclaycard.

They said even though they have diverted the PPI complaint to Barclaycard they have not got an update.

So I have 4 x PPI complaints with Barclays awaiting "Letter of Acceptance" 12 weeks deadline, and one PPI complaint with Barclaycard who to date have not replied to my letter regarding they cant locate my policy. I assume this to remain within a 12 week deadline for D-Day.

This is week 7, and I am striking them weeks off as I type, using the other hand ofc.

Master Sun SAID:

Did you send all your claims via recorded post or at the very least obtain proof of posting. You should have received an acknowledgment of your claims pretty early after receipt.. advising you that they have so much time in which to respond to your claim.

BCOBS

Just to recap, Yes I did send via recorded post on August 23rd 2011 and I did get an initial letter stating they will not upheld my PPI complaint (within 2 weeks) as they couldn't locate my policy, but I had a Dec/Nov 1997/8 Bank Statement via DPA with date, amount and ppi premium paid,

It can't be hard work out with the reference number along side it as well.

I made up the amount £2.5k as I can not recall what the loan was for or total amount or duration of the loan.

I cc'd FOS and stated that if they have any more issues I will ask FOS to work it out. to date no reply and last communications was Monday 26th of September.

Cheers

Edited by african_igbo

Master Sun SAID:

I think they have 12 weeks in which to resolve the complaint. However, I dont know if that would be from the date you first put in your claim or from the time you provided them with information which they should have had anyway!! Might be worth sending a private message to ims21.. perhaps he will know :)

BCOBS

Thanks for your help.

I will wait a week and follow the Barclaycard up verbally and state that I am basing the timeline from 23rd of August as they have same team using the same telephone number.

It is not rocket science and if an issue I don't really mind FOS taking over as I have 4 other Barclays PPI complaints, which have been uphelded and I am waiting for their letter of explanation of redress with interest added ofc..

So on letter box alert as I am half way through week 7. hehe

Master Sun SAID:

:lol: Sounds like you are on top of things .. letter box alert.. nice one :)

BCOBS

• 3 months later...

hows it going?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...