My Business was Illegally Taken Over - Now i Face Bankruptcy For The Other Persons Debt as Police did Nothing To Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Briefly - i owned a good turnover shop that due to a relationship breakdown i was looking to sell - various people and companies viewed - to cut a long story short one of them came back early one morning on opening and told an employee the shop was theres now...had the locks changed etc

I reported the matter to police who said they could not get involved as the matter was civil ( but has since been found to be elemenst of civil and criminal).

Large debts have been run up in my name as still owner of shop - rent to council ( who took 14months to evict this person) electric bills, water rates, non domestic rates - i lost my lottery deposit ( they turned the machine off for two weeks at my request then said it was a charity so had to go back on) A till leasing company was chasing me a £4,000 debt - now GO DEBT have this and have been non stop calling me and others about the debt - i got a letter yesterday to say they are hand delivering a Statutory Demand in two days time.

so along with my business ( £100,000) it seems i am about to lose a whole lot more and gain a bankruptcy in the bargain for something i had no control over nor did i gain from ..and this is before the tax people even get started..

The main problem has been when i lost my business i lost my income, therefore i could not afford a solicitor or any other help - i even got evicted from my home (rented ) as i could not pay the rent as with no accounts ( everything was in the shop) i could not make a claim for any help...the person who took the shop even told me no one would help...seems he summed it up well. CID confirmed he had also done this to another person but could not give me any more details...my council has advised me last week that another shop in area has had same thing happen ( they thought i was that person calling).

My daughter aged 21yrs has had a business rate bill put illegally in her name...although the CAB has tried to sort with the council they have done nothing and said she has to pay it - they are now threatening to go to court for commital to prison and told her this on the in house telephone situated in a busy hallway in city hall as they refused to come down and speak face to face with her - left her in tears and having to leave work early due to distress..

I now have Graves Disease ( Thyroxcitosis) brought on by severe emotional distress, just been stabilised for an operation but i dont think i will be stabile for too much longer due to the sheer anxiety this is all causing.

Please...has anyone got an suggestions ...i am getting rather desperate here...

What a horendous story and not sure if I can be of much help. The one thing I could suggest if that the Police say he has a history of doing this should they not be able to provide with some sort of statement supporting your story on which you could use to defend yourself in action that is taken. Are you able to get legal aid for this?

I have tried to get legal aid - problem is no one can quite get their heads around if it is civil or criminal - one solicitor did start to look at the matter on legal aid ( they were not very good and have now lost their legal aid status) adivsed me last week that a Barrister friend of theirs said it is criminal but finding someone to run a criminal case on Legal Aid is the problem - i have called alot of solicitors but they do not hold the legal aid certificate to deal with the matter.

I cannot beleieve someone can steal your shop and get away with it yet if they stole your handbag the police would be all over them....a nightmare.