im-mad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I hope I am posting in the right place (First time) :oops:

When my family moved in to our current house about a year ago we were getting calls for the previous tenants on an hourly basis. Talking to the neighbours it seems they left in a hurry and it sounds like they where in a lot of debt. The calls slowed down to about 2 a month so was not to bad until 4 weeks ago when we were getting calls every 3 hours from injury lawyers saying about our recent accident when I said that I don't have a car and have never had an accident they asked if I was Mr (last tenant), I said no and they had moved over a year ago. The person at the other end said that the number had been given to them in the last few days but would remove it from their system. More calls followed so I think that the last tenant was still giving out 'his' number...

I asked my telephone provider to change the number which was done promptly and without fuss.

I am now getting at least 1 call a day from the Halifax asking for someone I have never heard of. When after a few calls of "we will remove your number from our database" has had no joy I am at a loss as what to do. I have registered with TPS but this will not stop them as it is not direct marketing. When I rang Halifax I was told that with out the customer name and password etc they would not change records because of data protection :-x

Can anyone please tell me who I need to contact to stop these calls.

Many thanks in advance

Mark

<<< If I have helped please click my star :-D

Get The Consumer Survival Handbook

Use Shallowfax's own complaints procedure, do ALL of the options they say you can get in touch, just to ram home the message.

http://www.halifax.co.uk/contactus/howtocomplain.asp

You can also thank them for their crass stupidity as it has now earned them a formal complaint to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

And also let Ofcom know http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/tell-us/telecoms/privacy/

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Back it up with a written complaint also......phone calls count for nowt, they will just say they never received a call or have ever heard of you.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!