Application for charging order on unsecured loan

kanana
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4512 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello there. I have received a letter from Horwich Farrelly solicitors who are stating that Robinson Way Limited have instructed them to apply for a charging order on our propterty for a £10,000 which was taken in 2002 and has now come to £21055. Are they allowed to do this on an unsecured loan?

Would be grateful for advice.

Kanana

Hi Kanana,

I take it this a different issue, to the one started in this thread.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Yes they can attempt to get a CO to

secure the money owed.

Yes this is a different issue. I did not know where to start another topic. This is scarely, what are my options? I am overwhelmed by debt and am even struglling paying my mortgage?thanks.Kanana

Hello again Kanana,

Have they got a County Court Judgement on this debt? A Charging Order can only be applied for once a CCJ is in place.

Who was the loan with, was there any Payment Protection Insurance on it and when did you last pay it?

If you haven't already sent them a CCA Request for this account do so now.

kind regards,

Elsa x

Hi, Kanana.

I have started a new thread for you in the Legal Issues Forum, please continue to post here regarding this issue.

Thanks.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for starting a new thread for me. I am not sure about the CCJ. I think the case went to court and was sold to RobinsonWay. The origical loan was with Paragon. I am not sure whether there was PPI, but I will send a CCA. Thanks.

You should also reuest all statements from the accounts inception. It may be worth forwarding a DSAR.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

• 2 months later...
You should also reuest all statements from the accounts inception. It may be worth forwarding a DSAR.

I requestd for an agreement and a statement which they have sent. The agreement on one page shows the amount borrowed, PPI and monthly payment. Our signatures appear on the agreement. We only paid 8 instalments when my husband lost his job. However we continued to pay £50 for some time and later £20 when the situation became bad. We tried to negotiate with them sometime when my husband started a small business and wanted to settle the amount by paying £10,000 they refused. The last time we paid something towards the arrears was April 2008 when we paid £200. They have however continued to charge interest, solicitors costs, Telephone call fees, and arrears letter fees. I have written to their solicitors who are applying for a charge stating that we are disputing the amount. The case will be heard on 23rd December, 2011. Meanwhile I want to calculate the PPI but I seem to be lost. Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

Kanana