style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Longg story, bought a BMW 26th Aug for £5202 cash sale, on 4th sept (9days) 3 car warning lights, and fuel gauge needle all indicated problems. Took car back to dealership on Monday 5th, told that afternoon couldn't get warning lights to come on, but their own salesman had confirmed they were all on when I dropped it off. informed they would keep it and look again in the morning on 6th over phone told needed BMW to sort they were not equipped and since I didn't take the warranty not their problem come pick it up.

Refused and quoted SOGA, not of satisfactory quality, it was their responsibility to repair or replace. Got in touch with EH customer service, who passed details back to branch, received phone call from aftersales manager If the car was taken to BMW they “hold a gun to our heads on cost with a new unit running at about £500 and approx £147 p/h labour costs”. I was then told if I had taken out the warranty on the car at the time of purchase this would not have been a problem. Car was sold as "runabout" so again not their problem.

Contacted consumer direct advised to Generate SOGA letter to branch and head office. Both sent recorded on 7th sept.

9th Sept phone call from dealer a repair in a franchised dealers would be cheaper they would pay half £350 if I paid half, this was a goodwill gesture on their behalf, as I didn't take the warranty????.

On12th phone call from dealer, if reconditioned repair could be sought garage would absorb cost, if new part required that the offer was back off the table.

On 13th second letter to head office and branch quoting 79 and 2003 acts stating they had 7 days to effect a repair and reply in writing.

22nd Sept infromed by garage require new part at cost of £740, I need to pay half to aquire warranty on repair, still goodwill gesture on their part.

They have had the car for 22 days now and are clearly not going to admit liability, I can't believe these people are above the law!! Do I go get the car and repair, then bill them in small claims or is there some other way?

Thanks for reading and helping caggers

I think that the garage could be OK offering to fit reconditioned parts.

You bought a second hand car, and presumably you expected those parts to be second hand along with the rest of the car? You have the right to get the car you bought, with all the bits working - but you did not buy a new car, so I am not convinced that you can expect new parts.