Advent laptop broken and the soga

BrokenLtop
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bought a laptop from Curries almost exactly 2 years ago, its an advent 5712 and have had countless problems with it. My first problem was the day that I bought it - it cost around £400 when new - and that was the first time it was turned on, on the screen was 6 dead pixels dotted across the screen. It was taken back the same day and a new laptop was issued ( this was Aug/sept 09).

On the new laptop the hard drive failed in 2010 whilst it was still in warranty and it was repaired and was away from me for 2 weeks. I am a student so it was badly missed, just before the warranty ended the charger broke so that was also replaced for free and again my laptop was out of use for another 2 weeks as i had no charger.

When my warranty ended the problems with it continued. About two months after it expired the hard drive again began experiencing problems after running a program called HDD Scan it revealed the hard drive wasn't functioning correctly and since then i get the BSOD at least once a week. Its amazing it is still running tbh. I made no attempt to contact curries as my father told me that it is out of warranty so nothing will be done about it so i should wait until it broke where i should buy a new laptop.

The next problem with it is minor but still a problem. The HDMI port does not work. It broke around Christmas last year when one day i tried to plug in my cable and nothing happened.

The laptop is very well looked after and i have not done anything that i believe could have contributed to any of these faults - the laptop has never left the house and is only occasionally brought out of my room to another.

Today the screen broke as the hinge came off , and a bit of plastic came off the back meaning it won't close meaning i now consider my laptop broken and i now need to take action

Now i sit here with a broken screen and it will not close, i cannot afford a new laptop or the repair what is my ground with the SOGA.

warranty has NOTHING to do with your issues

and if/if not they get repaired.

i wish people would understand they are in ADDITION to your statutory rights under SOGA.

off you go:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/

as there is a history here, i would also outline that in your complaint too.

however, your port of call is WHERE YOU BROUGHT IT.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ring in and ask for a sa01 repair

this is a new route so you may need to speak to a supervisor they will charge £60 for this but if they decide its a manufacturing fault then its refunded

oh and the cracked hinge....

i can tell you if you look closely the bracket has snapped (ussually left) roughtly where the upright joins the hingeblock on the lower end, this causes the screws to pull out of the backcase....

im not allow to say its common but look at the ammount of complaints

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek: