Dessie v Abbey Part 2

Dessie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

Not been about for a while as I have been busy paying off plenty of people with my previous 'winnings'.

Back again now with the start of my second claim for the rest of the charges that I didn't go for last time. Having found out how easy it really is I wish I had gone for the lot even if it would have meant going through Fast Track instead of Small Claims.

Anyway, here goes, sending off a DPA request as I appear to have a small gap in my statements

1st Abbey claim settled 11th August - £5248.79

2nd Abbey claim started 21st September 2006

DPA letter posted 22nd September

Hi Dessie

did you actually go to court ?

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

It got as far as me submitting the allocation questionnaire and then I negotiated a settlement, because at the time I couldnt afford to wait for the natural course of events. I had a few people 'knocking on the door' as it were.

This time I will wait it out for the full amount, I'm in no hurry this time.

Likewise Dessie.

I settled for less than my full claim last time cos I needed the money. However this time, with my debts paid off, I'm going for the full amount. Their arrogance beggars belief .

Abbey Prelim Letter sent 16/06/06 - LBA sent 30/06/06 - MCOL served 22/07/06 - Acknowledged 26/07/06 - Defended 16/08/2006 - Settled 20/09/06 :o

Abbey 2 Prelim Letter sent 22/09/06

Abbey 2 LBA sent 9/10/06

MCOL 03/11/06

Cap One Prelim sent 28/06/06 - LBA sent 13/07/06

MCOL served 05/08/06 - Acknowledged 02/08/06 - Served 05/08/2006 -Settled in full 22/08/06 :D :D

Halifax Prelim sent 03/07/06 - LBA sent 17/07/06

MCOL issued 03/08/06 - settled in full 09/08/06 :D

MBNA S.A.R sent 21/08/06 Settled 21/09/06 :-o

Morgan Stanley S.A.R sent 29/09/06

• 5 weeks later...

I am stunned, all relevant statement copies received today, no prompting and well within their 40 days.

On a side note, I had the following response to my letter sent out during my previous claim after they had threatened to enter a default notice with Credit Reference Agencies because I was not paying off my overdraft, although the entire amount plus some was being disputed:

"I understand you believe registration of defaults or adverse credit with Credit Reference Agencies is in breach of The Data Protection Act 1998. Please allow me to clarigy our position.

We are required by the Office of the Information Commissioner to register adverse credit information. These dertails are registered when there has been a breakdown in the original credit agreement and there are insudfficient proposals in place to put the account back in order within a satisfactory timescale. This ensures that when offering credit facilities, financial institutions have sufficient relevant information to enable them to make an informed decision. As such any correct and legitimately registered information registered with a Credit Reference Agency does not breach the Data Protection Act."

signed by Jenny Atkin, Senior Customer Resolution Manager.

I am going to reply to their arrogance.

Just added up the charges from Dec 00 to Dec 02 and have got another £2559!!!!

I cannot believe they just let people pay over this amount of money without discussing anything with them. I really thought that there would be a lot less during this period as it was the time when my account started to go into freefall and my overdraft limit went up.

Would it really cost them that much to give their customers a 'sabbatical' from charges for one or two months to allow them a chance to get back to square 1?

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, been so busy the last mointh or so that I havent had much of a chance to pop in and find out whats been going on. I see not much has changed and there has been no significant climb down from the Abbey, as if I expected it!

Anyway, I have had my usual fob off letter from Abbey and have just sent off the LBA.

I had no joy on the DPA letter ref their putting an entry on the credit references list thingy. I replied to their letter explaining that I had informed them of my action against their charges and that the overdraft on my account was indispute but they just responded with "because we did not admit liability although the claim was settled" and that the "the overdraft was not wholly made up of charges" they weren't going to retract their entry.