What can I claim whilst self-employed.

millie111
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi not sure wetehr im on the right link but was wondering wether someone could help.

Ive been self employed since sep 10 i work 10 hours at home per week admin.What can i claim eg water,gas elec my mobile and my internet.I was wondering how to do the percentages on this as i no you cannont claim for all of it im really struggling with the figures.My internet is £18.95,my phone is £13.50 per month my gas is £100.00 per month elec £100.00 per month and i buy pens an paper every 3 months £5.00. can some one help me on what i have put on my tax return as i dont want to get an account as its too expensive i also work 20 hours selfemployed for a catering firm where i claim my bus pass and shoes and clothes ould you help me on this too .

Hi, millie111.

I have started a new thread for you.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

You should have filled in a cwf1 to notify all relevant departmentsof your self employed status.

You need to contact the National Insurance (NI) office in Newcastle to arrange to pay Class 2 NI

If you are working from home you would calculate the % relating to the business element as follows;

Number of rooms in the house ( not including bathroom and kitchen)

e.g say 4

Number of rooms used for business e.g say 2

Take the annual total of utility bills and multiply it by 2/4

You will need to complete the self employed page of your self assessment tax return. there are also useful helpnotes which you can obtain from the self assessment orderline (see honeybees link for telephone numbers)

Gbarbm