• Tweets

• Clear as mud...so you are the claimant...the defendant is correct they do not file serve evidence before the trial...normally directions state 14 days before the trial hearing each party simultaneously exchange and file.   The defendant then paid the debt amount but not the court fee or the section 69 interest at 8%.. Did it get to trial ? or is that yet to happen ? 
    • Then be prepared to get your cheque book out.   You will be served with the evidence the prosecution intends to rely on to convict you when you receive notification of court action. This will almost certainly be in the form of a "Single Justice Procedure Notice" (SJPN). They have six months to begin court proceedings and in most areas take all of that. You will be given three options:   1. Plead guilty and have the matter heard by the Single Justice (a hearing which you cannot attend).   2. Plead guilty and opt for a hearing in the normal Magistrates' Court (a hearing which you can attend).   3. Plead Not Guilty.   If, after viewing the evidence, you decide on (1) or (2) you will be sentenced in accordance with the sentencing guidelines. These suggest a fine of half a week's net income (maximum £1,000, reduced by a third for a guilty plea). You will also pay a surcharge of 10% of the fine (Minimum £30 - or £32 if the offence was committed on or after 28th June 2019) and costs of £85. You will also receive 3 penalty points. So you can see that the costs and surcharge will exceed £100 before you consider the fine.   If you choose (3) you will have to rely on either (a) the prosecution being unable to prove its case or (b) successfully rebutting their evidence. The cost of failure here is high. You will obviously lose your one third discount for a guilty plea and the costs will increase to as much as £620.   You can see that you "old fashioned" approach could cost you dearly. But you takes your choice and pays your money  😪  (or hopefully not  😀).
    • I was not aware that mitigation can also apply to actions taken after the event. I have not outlined this to date, I will write another letter stating this given I now use a monthly travel card and would never attempt it again. However, the Court date is in 10 days so I'm not sure I would receive a response in time.. seems to be worth a try though.    Thank you dx100uk. 
    • Sorry, but I don't understand. Am I "quoting" unnecessarily? I'll stop that, henceforth, if so. That said... "any claim, though I cant see why this mbna is not concluded, so why the confusion....." confuses me as I cannot contextualise your reference and thought I had intimated I am concluding the MBNA claim and no longer pursuing my SAR request, following your help in that query.   I am simply wondering if your last reply refers to this (MBNA SAR) thread or my more recent (general PPI enquiry) thread, is all.   Apologies if I am not helping myself through helping you, in this. I am trying as best I can, though. And am grateful for your help.
    • Ok great, thank you I will give that a go tomorrow will let you know how I get on.    C
  • Our picks

stuinn

Dlc & mdb hillis & discounts on MBNA 'debt'

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2858 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

I have been receiving a letter from DLC which has annual statement of account which refers to a "Hillesdenden Securities Ltd formerly MBNA" account. Then in August I received a letter from MDB demanding payment for MBNA showing the same amount as the DLC letter. This month a further letter from MDB was received showing a settlement offer of 50%. Seven days later a letter from DLC again titled "annual statement of account". Am I correct in thinking 2 DCA's cannot claim for the same account? What should I do about it?

Does this appear on your credit files?

Who wrote first The Mercantile Data Base,

doing the tracing angle or DLC for collecting.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi post, I'm interested in this as a point has

been raised similar to this item.

I have a case which has opened up the

argument of the use of trading styles involving

this group, which is being put forward by an insurance

company funding a claim.

Mercantile Claim Tracing only, Hillesden claim debt

purchase, DLC claim collection in theory, so as to

the CSA & dbsg

guidance doc October 2010 it would appear that

all three organisations writing to the same alleged

debtor is contrary to section 2 (i) of that document,

partly hangs on the time scale the letters are delivered

over the 1st contact and if all three are concurrent or

separate.

That was the reason for that particular inquiry:-)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

brigg

ime sending a pm on this

for obvious reasons when you read it

Thanks post received and replied small world:madgrin:

It was not on my credit file but have not checked recently. The first letter/ statement came from dlc. I have also just realised that this was 6 years old in July of this year so do I send a statute barred letter or do as an earlier post mentions and ignore.

Thanks for you replys, much appreciated.

Ignore for now, check CRA Files

again, then if you are sure that

no payment or acknowledgment

has been made in 6 Clear years

then send the SB letter.

That's a bit stern Field agents,,, is it the same as Spooks !!!!!! what idea's of importance they attach to such drivel. My one reply comment would be to the end statement... THIS DEBT WILL NOT GO AWAY..... oh yeah, ever heard of Bankruptcy... or you can't get what I ain't got.... ( simples )

I wonder what DCA they will use for Greece !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Definite indicator of statute barred,

time I think for a SAR to MBNA to tackle

the question of the last payment or acknowledgment.

SAR sent yesterday.Is it 40 working days or 40 straight days for them to respond within?

SAR sent yesterday.Is it 40 working days or 40 straight days for them to respond within?

Correct 40 calender days.

Dear Bill&Ben @ DLC,

I cannot tell you how extremely privileged you have made me feel in that you are putting me on a 'debt surveillance programme' my friends will be so chuffed to see me on TV, incidentally what channel will it be on so I can make them all aware, and will I get any royalties?

Not that I am a diva of any sort, but I will make you aware that I only like my toast done on one side and I only drink green tea, with the tea spoon still in the cup, not a mug.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for putting me forward to your programme, I can assure you you won't be disappointed.

Yours sincerely,

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

something like spring watch

but without Bill Oddie:madgrin::madgrin:

Interesting letter the mention of 6 year

financial history a CRA is also quoting

this now.

The blank amount box was there

a figure there?

Discount often means Dodgy paperwork.

Brig.

Ha ha, deluded clowns, what planet do they think they live on?

Ignore.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I have an issue also with DLC(Debt, Legal and Collections). I owed Captal One about £300 from over 3 and a half years ago. I received a letter from Capital1 telling me that they were no longer in control of my debt as they had "SOLD THE DEBT" to an outside collection agency. I have NO CONTRACT with anyone other than capital1, therefore am I under any legal obligation to pay the debt collection company. Was Capital One in breach of the DATA PROTECTION ACT 1988 when they sold my personal details, phone number and home address to a third party???

P.s.. I got a letter this morning from DLC, and just BLANKED OUT MY ADDRESS.... And wrote on the envelope...NO CONTRACT RETURN TO SENDER!

I did this once with a debt letter from a parking ticket which I was given whilst parked on private land.....That was 4 months ago! Heard nothing yet!

Yes there was a figure in the box it was 25% of the outstanding figure.