Dlc & mdb hillis & discounts on MBNA 'debt'

stuinn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4561 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been receiving a letter from DLC which has annual statement of account which refers to a "Hillesdenden Securities Ltd formerly MBNA" account. Then in August I received a letter from MDB demanding payment for MBNA showing the same amount as the DLC letter. This month a further letter from MDB was received showing a settlement offer of 50%. Seven days later a letter from DLC again titled "annual statement of account". Am I correct in thinking 2 DCA's cannot claim for the same account? What should I do about it?

Does this appear on your credit files?

Who wrote first The Mercantile Data Base,

doing the tracing angle or DLC for collecting.?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi post, I'm interested in this as a point has

been raised similar to this item.

I have a case which has opened up the

argument of the use of trading styles involving

this group, which is being put forward by an insurance

company funding a claim.

Mercantile Claim Tracing only, Hillesden claim debt

purchase, DLC claim collection in theory, so as to

the CSA & dbsg

guidance doc October 2010 it would appear that

all three organisations writing to the same alleged

debtor is contrary to section 2 (i) of that document,

partly hangs on the time scale the letters are delivered

over the 1st contact and if all three are concurrent or

separate.

That was the reason for that particular inquiry:-)

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

It was not on my credit file but have not checked recently. The first letter/ statement came from dlc. I have also just realised that this was 6 years old in July of this year so do I send a statute barred letter or do as an earlier post mentions and ignore.

Thanks for you replys, much appreciated.

Ignore for now, check CRA Files

again, then if you are sure that

no payment or acknowledgment

has been made in 6 Clear years

then send the SB letter.

That's a bit stern Field agents,,, is it the same as Spooks !!!!!! what idea's of importance they attach to such drivel. My one reply comment would be to the end statement... THIS DEBT WILL NOT GO AWAY..... oh yeah, ever heard of Bankruptcy... or you can't get what I ain't got.... ( simples )

I wonder what DCA they will use for Greece !!!!!!!!!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Happyhippy1959

Definite indicator of statute barred,

time I think for a SAR to MBNA to tackle

the question of the last payment or acknowledgment.

SAR sent yesterday.Is it 40 working days or 40 straight days for them to respond within?

Correct 40 calender days.

Dear Bill&Ben @ DLC,

I cannot tell you how extremely privileged you have made me feel in that you are putting me on a 'debt surveillance programme' my friends will be so chuffed to see me on TV, incidentally what channel will it be on so I can make them all aware, and will I get any royalties?

Not that I am a diva of any sort, but I will make you aware that I only like my toast done on one side and I only drink green tea, with the tea spoon still in the cup, not a mug.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for putting me forward to your programme, I can assure you you won't be disappointed.

Yours sincerely,

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 weeks later...

I have an issue also with DLC(Debt, Legal and Collections). I owed Captal One about £300 from over 3 and a half years ago. I received a letter from Capital1 telling me that they were no longer in control of my debt as they had "SOLD THE DEBT" to an outside collection agency. I have NO CONTRACT with anyone other than capital1, therefore am I under any legal obligation to pay the debt collection company. Was Capital One in breach of the DATA PROTECTION ACT 1988 when they sold my personal details, phone number and home address to a third party???

P.s.. I got a letter this morning from DLC, and just BLANKED OUT MY ADDRESS.... And wrote on the envelope...NO CONTRACT RETURN TO SENDER!

I did this once with a debt letter from a parking ticket which I was given whilst parked on private land.....That was 4 months ago! Heard nothing yet!