• Tweets

• Latest Spreadsheets - PPI Claims and Charges Claims - Dec 2011 - Payment Protection Insurance (PPI) - Consumer Action Group   court date ?? now what are you dribbling on about? where are you getting all these silly ideas from?   please ignore everything from them, get on with fighting back
    • I have been around a while I am just mot the little activist I used to be and allot has changed over the years, companies are not as quick to take responsibility as they used to be.  I called them and quoted the consumer act, they seemed willing to refund without further delay but llike I said they have nw lost my item, I wait see what the manager has to say.
    • Hello, welcome to CAG. People should be along to advise you later.   I've popped some extra spacing into your post to make it easier to read for the advisers who can help you.   Is this the firm you're talking about?   https://www.sehbac.com/show-centres/ipswich/   Best, HB
    • Hello We have an issue with our Double glazing I will try and detail the issue we have.   We moved into our property in January 2017 and against our solicitor's advice (that double glazing warranties are not worth the paper they are printed on) we transferred what we thought was the warranty into our name. We now know that we only transferred the insurance on that warranty.   Toward the end of 2020 we were finding it  difficult to keep our living space warm and having checked that the trickle vents and windows were closed properly, we discovered that the wind was coming in through most of the cover strips on the windows and where it meets the walls and sill also light could be seen from outside through the cover plates, I confirmed this with a candle flame which bent at 90 degrees such was the draught, thinking that this was a small failure of the adhesive in the trim I wiped it back to see if any remedial work could be done and the trim came away, at that point it became obvious that the aluminium support and unit joining bar, had been installed off centre, so the trim had been butchered to make it just cover the gap but not enable a seal.    15th January I contacted the installing company by phone who having found the original file informed me that the warranty was not in my name and I would need to pay £150 to transfer it, this was confirmed in an email, and that once paid, a surveyor would be sent to assess the windows and ensure that they had been properly maintained,  if they felt that work would be required, the parts would be obtained and the work carried out, I felt that without giving the company the opportunity to rectify the problem we could not move forward so payment for the Warranty transfer was made the same day.   19th January surveyor arrived to assess the windows and having looked at the problems agreed that it needed rectifying, he told me he would report back.   22nd January an email arrived at my email address with the previous owners names attached, informing us that the parts had been ordered and usually take 1-3 weeks, once they have been received we will be contacted to arrange a date to carry out the remedial work. Should the parts take longer than usual I will be contacted to advise.   15th March I emailed Holly Baldwin, SEHBAC Customer Service Administrator and asked to be brought up to date on the progress of the replacement parts, I informed her that to gain some relief from the draughts coming through the windows, I had taped over all joins and whilst this had offered some respite, the tape at times acted like a reed and it sounded like the wind section of an orchestra tuning up, which was not comfortable.   18th March I received a reply stating that having to work with skeleton staff in the factories was building on the backlog they were currently having, if they get a date from the supplier, they would be in contact, if not they would be in touch once they have received the parts to book a remedial with their engineer, they have had some progress getting orders in recently. I was thanked for my patience.   We are now 9 weeks since last contact, and 18 weeks since the surveyor decided that remedial work was required, and to exacerbate the issue with the winds we have had over the last few months it has become clear that the seals around other double-glazed units installed at the same time have failed and what we thought was household dust was in fact brick dust blown in through the gaps.   I would like to know what my next move should be, should I have all units independently assessed, should I approach the ombudsman. any advice would be gratefully received as we are spending extra to keep the property warm. and at this stage have lost a further £150.
    • not sure if that attached, sorry n244 edited.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Ebay Packlink and Hermes - destroyed item as it was "damaged". https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/430396-ebay-packlink-and-hermes-destroyed-item-as-it-was-damaged/&do=findComment&comment=5087347
      • 33 replies
    • I sent in the bailiffs to the BBC. They collected £350. It made me smile.
        • Haha
    • Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
  • Recommended Topics

• Recommended Topics

Vodafone debt affecting credit for 9 years HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I hope someone can give me a little advice on how to deal with this problem.

I had a phone contract which I cancelled in Nov 2007 with Vodafone. I cancelled the direct debit and adviced that I would make the final payment/balance by card. I never received a final bill and thought that the account was closed and no further monies where due. I opened at the same time a pay as you go phone, which I still have.

I tried to get credit in Dec 2010 and was declined with Currys and they advised that I should get a credit report. I signed up with experian and there was an outstanding debt from June 2007 (strange as there was an active DD till Nov 07)

I contacted Vodafone, was given the run around for several weeks and they agreed to wipe the debt off, I had said that I was more than happy to pay debt, as I pay all my debts. They said it was written off, but they would not back date the bad credit on my Experian file, the outstanding balance was £17.23 however the final credit I received was for £26 After many (more than 20 telephone calls) I wrote to

Ombudsman Services and they took up my complaint of

1. Why I never received any letters chasing the £17.23 balance (they confirm that only the final bill was sent and nothing else)

2. How can this affect my credit file for 9 years, this cannot be right

3. I wanted the credit file to be back dated so the at it did not affect my credit file till 2016.

I had a reply from Obudsman Services today saying they are happy that Vodafone have provided proof that the debt it real and that they cannot help with the credit file as the money was not paid.

I do not understand how any organisation can record a debt and not tell the customer about this/ allowing them the right to decide to pay or not to pay. My grievence is that I was not given a choice.

Please can anyone offer me any advise on how I should go forward with this as I have only 28days to reply to the ombudsman from the 22nd September, I dont want this to affect me till 2016.

Thanks

Simone

We have a member of the vodafone webteam that comes on this forum, go to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and contact them, you will receive a response which will include a reference number, post it back here and lee_vodaphone will look into it for you. ;)

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

I have noticed in the past that the Vodaphone CAG member is very useful in sorting out problems with them. Do we have the same for Orange? An Orange rep who is a member? I have a default on my credit account with Orange dating back to 2006. I was moving overseas and received a final bill from Orange for the amount of something like £60 - I sent a cheque which cleared and then moved overseas thinking all was fine and that was the end off it. Go forward 2 years to 2008 and I move back to the UK check my credit file and there we are - a default for the amount of £20 owed to Orange. I had mistakenly written the wrong amount on the final cheque (I was stressed at that time sorting everything out to move overseas) which left £20 owing. I now have a default for the measly sum of £20. To make things worse I paid this off at the beginning of 2009 which I am led to believe means I now have it on my credit history until 2015. Other than this my credit score is in the 900's but I still get turned down for pretty much any credit I apply for. Can anyone suggest what I can do? I have written to Orange but they refused to remove it.

• Haha 1

There is a rep for orange http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?319496-Orange-Helpers

Incidently if the default was registered in '06 it will drop off after six years so it'll be 2012 not 2015. ;)

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Many thanks for your assistance - because I paid the £20 in 2008 does the 6 years start again from then or is it from when the default was 1st registered.Could anyone please clarify as there will be a 3 year difference on this - Regards

It's from the a/c goes into default & a creditor normally registers it within 3 months of that. The fact that you made a payment does not affect the default date nor does it re-register it. A default can only be registered the once & then updated after that for a maximum of six years.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That great thankyou for clarifying that for me.I may just leave it then as it should fall off my record sometime the beginning of next year and then I should have a nice clean credit file.As that falls off and my credit score with Experian is currently in the 900s will it then show as a good history as such?What I suppose I mean is will the default continue to affect my credit history for a while after it disappears or should my credit improve straight away.

will the default continue to affect my credit history for a while after it disappears

No.

A credit score in the 900's is already pretty good. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yes I have been told thats a pretty good score but I still get turned down for everything I apply for. I think it must be the default that is causing this and hopefully when it disappears I should be ok.Many thanks for your helpOnce again the CAG has been most useful.Just realised as well that I live about 10 mins walk from the registered office - LOL

Hi, Can I please dispel the MYTH of

''CREDIT SCORES''

1. Creditors DO NOT SEE IT.

2. It is just a day to day reflection

of your credit management for personal

use only.

The ''Lenders'' look at the following points.

1.Residence

2.Electoral Roll

3.CCJs

4.Defaults

5.Late/Missed payments.

6. Credit Applications (too many in a short period is bad)

7. CIFAS entries

8. GAIN entries.

Then this is allied to unique in house

credit worthiness systems, all are different.

NEVER RELY ON THE 3 FIGURE SCORE TO

PREDICT THAT YOU WILL BE GRANTED CREDIT.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Thanks BrigadierI was aware the score is just an indication.I currently have 3 credit accounts - 2x credit cards and 1x loan with the total of all 3 under 1500.I have only applied for credit (mobile phone) once (declined) in the past 6 months.I have no missed payments on any accounts in the last year and just the one default on recordI am currently on the electoral roll but still get declined for absolutely everything I ever apply for.It has been like this for the past 2 years - I cant even get a mobile contract etc.This is what makes me think it must be the default that is effecting my credit as everyhting else (apart fromt he default) appears ok.Regards

Hi, it will be the default I'm afraid,

I know of a person who could buy

and sell most of the UK, but they

were turned down for a mortgage

of a few thousand because of a

lost mobile phone and a default

for £35.00.

I see this situation almost daily.

Brig.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

It is odd I had 1 default from an

alleged catalogue debt, (I don't do catalogue purchases ever)

For £128.00 not a chance of getting it remove although

it was ID theft, no problem ever getting credit of any sort.

Brig.

I hope someone can give me a little advice on how to deal with this problem.

I had a phone contract which I cancelled in Nov 2007 with Vodafone. I cancelled the direct debit and adviced that I would make the final payment/balance by card. I never received a final bill and thought that the account was closed and no further monies where due. I opened at the same time a pay as you go phone, which I still have.

I tried to get credit in Dec 2010 and was declined with Currys and they advised that I should get a credit report. I signed up with experian and there was an outstanding debt from June 2007 (strange as there was an active DD till Nov 07)

I contacted Vodafone, was given the run around for several weeks and they agreed to wipe the debt off, I had said that I was more than happy to pay debt, as I pay all my debts. They said it was written off, but they would not back date the bad credit on my Experian file, the outstanding balance was £17.23 however the final credit I received was for £26 After many (more than 20 telephone calls) I wrote to

Ombudsman Services and they took up my complaint of

1. Why I never received any letters chasing the £17.23 balance (they confirm that only the final bill was sent and nothing else)

2. How can this affect my credit file for 9 years, this cannot be right

3. I wanted the credit file to be back dated so the at it did not affect my credit file till 2016.

I had a reply from Obudsman Services today saying they are happy that Vodafone have provided proof that the debt it real and that they cannot help with the credit file as the money was not paid.

I do not understand how any organisation can record a debt and not tell the customer about this/ allowing them the right to decide to pay or not to pay. My grievence is that I was not given a choice.

Please can anyone offer me any advise on how I should go forward with this as I have only 28days to reply to the ombudsman from the 22nd September, I dont want this to affect me till 2016.

Thanks

Simone

Hi Simone,

I can certainly understand the concerns you have here and would be happy to assist you further with this.

As such, could you follow the guidance posted by cerberusalert and once you've returned to the thread with email reference number I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

In the meantime, I can clarify that the default would only remain on your credit file for six years from the date it which was registered rather than nine years.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I had received a call from Lee in the vodafone team saying

Thanks for your time on the phone a moment ago.

As discussed, action has been taken to remove the late payment status codes in relation to airtime account +++++++ from your credit file. Please note that this course of action has been taken purely as a goodwill gesture and for no other reason.

Please allow around forty-eight working hours for the above to be reflected on your credit file

This was on 31st October 2011, I have checked every other day and emailed Lee for an update, my credit file shows no change and i get no response from Lee.

Today is the 10th of November and it would seem vodafone are unable to follow their own procedures yet again, I said i would post again when everything is clear but it looks like going nowhere again.

Over to you Lee !

Hi

Although I have no idea why this should be, it can take a month for your file to be updated even though they say 48 hours.

Keep checking as Vodafone haven't got a good record when it comes to credit file reporting

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, Which CRA are you using on Equifax

you will have to update your report by

getting a new update, your score etc

will show as at the date you last paid

for a report, it is similar on Experian.

you shouldsee wording such as

'' your credit report as date xxxxxxx.

• 3 weeks later...
I had received a call from Lee in the vodafone team saying

Thanks for your time on the phone a moment ago.

As discussed, action has been taken to remove the late payment status codes in relation to airtime account +++++++ from your credit file. Please note that this course of action has been taken purely as a goodwill gesture and for no other reason.

Please allow around forty-eight working hours for the above to be reflected on your credit file

This was on 31st October 2011, I have checked every other day and emailed Lee for an update, my credit file shows no change and i get no response from Lee.

Today is the 10th of November and it would seem vodafone are unable to follow their own procedures yet again, I said i would post again when everything is clear but it looks like going nowhere again.

Over to you Lee !

Hi Simone,

Thanks for time on the phone yesterday evening.

As discussed, I'll get this looked into further and as soon as I've got more news I'll let you know.

Hi

Although I have no idea why this should be, it can take a month for your file to be updated even though they say 48 hours.

Keep checking as Vodafone haven't got a good record when it comes to credit file reporting

Hi silverfox,

For clarification, any updates we make in regard to lates payment status codes and defaults are carried out straightaway with the guidance being that the CRA's records will reflect the update around fourty-eight working hours after it was actioned.

As mentioned above this case remains under investigation and I'll be getting back to Simone as soon as possible.

Kind regards to you both.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK