HSBC v us

kezmerrelda
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6351 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We sent a copy of first letter in order to claim back £3574 in unauthorised overdraft charges and returned item fees on a now closed business account. We did not claim for other charges or interest which added up to about the same again. We have a letter back...which might be a standard one...anyone know?...it says the bank does not agree blah blah blah but the main point is that "in respect of overdrafts, i would refer you to cluase 8. our fees and charges are stated in our published price list and these charges are clearly set out in our terms and conditions".

Is this standard? should we proceed with next letter! The EDITswines!

**Moderator Note: Edited due to libelous content.

The reasson we are not claiming other charges is we know the returned cheque and going over overdraft limit charges are unfair but the others are things like account maintenance charges and we assume we can't claim those. It was a business account.

Could someone advise me...is the lba the same whether it was a business account or personal account. We sent the only business version we found in files? Not sure if this was a lba or initial letter. Bit confused about that. If anyone has claimed back charges on a business account with HSBC...how did you do?:-?

Hi kez

Thanks for your post on my thread-can I ask-did the banks eventually force you out of business with all those bank charges?

I sent the LBA as per in the library and they sent me the standard 'goodwill' gesture reply offering me £155 of the £1200 they owe.This figure has now swollen considerably and I am in a dangerous position with business cashflow.I thought the Data letter was only applicable to personal accounts-did you send yours in already?

Get in touch again or PM me and we may be able to figure this out for a business account with the help of other business account holders.

If any other small business owners are reading this and are worried about cashflow/business debt etc-have a look on the Business Debtline website Business Debtline for advice-they also operate a helpline.

Thanks

Fabi :-) xx

The bank charges were a major contributing factor in the closure of the business in it's current form. It is still continuing on a small basis, no staff...

Have a new develoment though and would welcome any help off anyone!!! When business account closed there was also an outstanding loan closed at the same time. Thus the closure of the account left us owing a loan repayment which of course they wanted straight away...blah de blah...of course we can do that obviously as you can see how much money we have??!! Anyway it got passed to a solicitor. We made some payments to them then decided to claim back the bank charges which would signifcantly reduce amount owed. They seemed to suggest they would wait for outcome but today have received a county court summons from them for total amount plus few hundred in charges. Should we defend claim (even though we would still owe them some money) and state nothing should have been done as amount still in dispute due to the 3 and a half grand of bank charges??? Might even claim other charges now the evil swines. We paid about another 3+ thousand in interest, aquiring charges and other stuff not sure how to work out how much of that is unjustified though. Help on court situation would be gratefully received!!!

Sarah, Fabi or anyone else with buisness accounts if you are out there thanks in advance!!

Kez!:eek:

DCA ( or debt collection agencies) will nto persue an amount when the account is subject to legal action. also a juydge will look very harshly on habc for taking you rto court when you are counter claiming against then for bankj charges and will rule that they settle what they owe you first. you can make it clear to the judge that you intend to pay the monies owed to HSBC but first you need them to refund the unlawful bank charges as they have effectivly ended your business :(

re what you can and cant charge then back there is a list somewhere i will look for it for you :)

me against the abbey Paid in full (donation made)

me against the woolwich Paid in full(donation made)

me against HSBC Paid in full(donation made)

beware the scrapbooker, for she has a long memory and sharp knives :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again...anyone out there with business accounts. As you know from earlier in the thread...HSBC are taking us to court!! Do we counterclaim on the response form? Obviously the fact the account was in dispute makes it a shock they launched claim anyway. So do we just counterclaim against their claim alongside submitting defence? If no-one knows whats best then that'll be what we will do but advice from anyone appreciated!!! Thanks

• 1 month later...

Just to update to anybody that might be interested! Got a full offer to settle after court claim put in and paid for. Trouble is as still owe them it will be knocked off amount owed. Still, going on for 4k so huge difference.

Just got to pay the rest back now!!! Be great if we could of just kept the money though!! Still thanks for help with letters etc!