style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi been having big problems with rossendales and i see a lot of people here in the same boat.

i have a council tax debt of £2000 that is with rossers and i have an agreement in place which i have kept to up to now but reading theses forums has made me think a bit more about it

i also have a business rate account overdue since 2004

i moved and they found my new address

i did have an agreement but didnt keep to it my own fault i know but for the last 6 weeks i have been paying the agreed amount to rossendales

yestersay mr p-=h from rossendales came to take my old banger £400 car away to pay the debt but i drove off through a gap as he tried to block my drive but left a gap big enough for me to get through although i did catch the gate post with my car he was videoing me as i got off the drive

then i drove off he started to chase me round the village

i called the police and he drove away

my car is levied against council tax not business rates so he can only take the car for the council tax is this right

anyway since reading this forum

i am asking is it best to pay all money off both debts to the council via internet instead of to rossendales via a barcoded account at the post office then at least they might pass on the accounts back to the council

any advice would be helpfull

thankyou

Edited by davemandyderby

Dave and Mandy :mad2::lol:

Looking at what you say you owe I would suspect you will be being overcharged. On Monday you should ring the Council and ask them:

Council Tax

1 - how many Liability Orders they have aginst you

2 - how much each one is for

3 - what period of time each one covers

4 - when each one was obtained

5 - how much is still outstanding

6 - when each one was passed on for enforcement

NNDR

Same as above

While on the phone to the Council also ask if they can see you account on the Bailiffs system and ask:

a - how many & on what dates any visits have been made

b - what other fees they are charging

c - have they charged any levy fees & if so on what & for which Liability Oder

As for the Bailiffs you need to write and ask for a breakdown of the charges applied. There is a useful example of what to use in some other threads.

As for whether you should use silage bales or similar I woul say yes to block you lane off and when he gets there to block his escape route & then ask them to start muck spreading!

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"As for whether you should use silage bales or similar I woul say yes to block you lane off and when he gets there to block his escape route & then ask them to start muck spreading!"

think this is advice for another thread lol

i know all the details you told me to ask for what i want to know really is should i stop paying the monies to rossendales and pay it direct to the council via internet

if i do this how long would it be before rossendales send the case back to the council

there ballif mr p--h chased me round our village in his van but i lost him and hid my car

when i got home the police my wife called showed up and rossers mr p--h drove away with his tail in between his legs

i looked for his details oncourt register and cant find him

later he rang me to say he would be back another day

so car gets parked away now and he wont get into my house anyway if he comes into the garden and my dog bites him the police told me that would be his own fault for entering my garden

next time he comes i know a little more thhanks to this site and he will be going away without a penny again but how long before he gives in i think he is coming fromblackburn and i live in derby so he comes a distance unless he is a rep of rossers from nearer to us

any advice would be helpful

thankyou

also forgot to mention i asked mr p--h for id and he refused to show any and i accused him of not being certified and he said to me i should be a solicitor lol

anyway i searched his name and rossendales as a company and his name is not in the register is he acting illegally ?

There is no law that states you have to pay the bailiff, send payments to the council and let them know that you will not be dealing with the aggressive bailiff and would be paying them x amount straight to them every week/month etc. depending on how desperate the bailiff is , or whether he weighs up how much its going to cost him to pursue the debt, will depend on how long the council will get the debt back. I hope that helps, there really isnt a time limit.

also forgot to mention i asked mr p--h for id and he refused to show any and i accused him of not being certified and he said to me i should be a solicitor lol

anyway i searched his name and rossendales as a company and his name is not in the register is he acting illegally ?

I had mr p--h at my address as well not long time ago, he didn't wanted to speak with me at all, he called the police and then I was able to speak with him, but he didn't seamms to be able to understand what you have to say. He told me what he want. I'm a lone parent and tried to explain him what my situation is and he didn't listen me, he told me to pay £75 a week which is huge sume for me. SO then he left my premisses and still trying to chase me. He is very nasty person!!! I couldn't find him on a certificated bailiff register as well so I think he is acting illegally. What I found is:

Certificated bailiffs are employed by private companies and enforce a variety of debts on behalf of organisations such as local authorities. They can seize and sell goods to cover the amount of the debt owed. They also hold a certificate, which enables them, and them alone, to levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax and non-domestic rates. Certificated bailiffs are required to gain peaceable entry into property before a levy of goods inside a property can take place. They cannot enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders.[4]

Non-certificated bailiff are employed by private companies and are entitled to recover the money owed for a variety of debts by seizing and selling goods but cannot levy distress for rent, road traffic debts, council tax or non-domestic rates, or enforce the collection of money due under High Court or county court orders.[4]

had a reply via email regarding breakdown of costs and they replied only took 3 days

£24.50 first visit

£35 levy fee levied against my car but we wern,t here it was posted unsealed and open obviousley i never signed anything never have and never will

but

there claiming a different ballif came out and i gave mr p--h cash £352.59 and i now checked ref number and the bill only came to £152.59 so i emailed back to see where the rest went

sure they saying a different person came i think there saying this because mr p--h isnt certified although he collected money and signed the reciept

also my nndr account i sent the same breakdown request and they havnt answered about that 1 so i sent it again

not giving them rossendales anymore payments i will pay via internet to the council and try to keep rossendales away

Edited by davemandyderby

cant seem to do the online certificated bailiff search has it been stopped

i tried to search rossendales and bailiffs name and other names its not finding any details and it has done before

thanks

It appears to have gremlins unless a Bailiff has already levied & removed it.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i had a reply abour mr john p--g yes they gave me his first name now

they told me accounts etc reckon he was certified at stafford court 3/06/2011 but no breakdown of fees as i requested

i also searched him when the search was working and he wasn't on

rossendales is in blackburn i think so why was he certified in staford unless he's free lance

If you reckon you owe about £2k in CT then levying on a car worth at most £400 is wrong. The whole idea of a levy is if the goods were to be removed and sold at auction they need to cover:

1 - all the Bailiff fees

2 - costs of removal & storage

3 - costs of the auction

4 - Auctioneers fees

5 - a sum towards your debt

As goods seized only fetch a nominal sum at auction (approx 10%) then he should have been looking for goods worth approx £20k, as yours plainly are not then it should have been returned to the Council as Nulla Bono - insufficient goods. I would suggest therefore the Bailiff has only made a levy in order to gain a financial advantage for himself and his Company, the levy fee and any associated charges should be removed and replaced by a Visit Fee if applicable.

You could be aggrieved by this levy and could make a complaint in the Magistrates Court where the Council could be named as Defendant. However before doing this you have to give them an opportunity to have things rectified. As the Bailiffs also refuse to give you a breakdown of fees you can also use this as argument with the Council as they are responsible for the actions of the Bailiff.

As for the Bailiff Register - even when working it is not 100% accurate and you will need to ring the MOJ and ask:

1 - is he Certificated and if so at what Court and on what date, also who his employer is

2 - if the date given is after your"levy" was taken then you also need to ask the same details for his previous Certificate

020 3334 6355 between 10am - 4pm

As for where he is Certificated then that can be at any County Court but normally near where he lives or his employers nearest Court.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

thanks for the reply plodder got an email last night of rossendales and they say they are posting a breakdown out to me

in the mean time im parking my car somewhere else not on my drive as i cant take a chance on them removing clamping etc i need it toget to work i work in the middleof the countryside and theres no public transport from here to there

i will up date when i have the breakdown

i had 6 accounts with then according to them and my car is named on all 6 distress letters they have sent me they also pressumed it has a cherished plate as its only got for instance m44 vor this is not my reg by the way so they have levied for something that isnt even right

From what you say they appear to have made a proper dogs dinner of all this, I would not be surprised if they 1st & 2nd Visit Fee on each account and Levy fee for each also. It really is the Bogs Dollocks. I do believe however that Rossendales do have a degree in Enid Blyton stories, so don't be surprised if the letter begins "Once upon a time ...................."

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

got the letter from rossendales breakdown of charges

hmm

please note they levied on my car in my absence on my council tax debt

i never signed anything iwasn't even at home when they did it

thats the only thing they got

no one has or ever will come into my house

can they levy on my car for 6 different accounts ??

they charged levy fees on my nndr debt but have never been in my house so is it on my car again ??

2 accounts for nndr they charged 24.50 visit 1 on 1 account for nndr and same 24.50 on the other account nndr but 2 different dates 1 fee for each accouint

levy fee 37.00

waiting 100.00

van fee 200

council tax debt i have 6 according to them

they charged 1st visit fee for all 6 24.50??

levy fee diffeerent amounts for all 6 ??

van fees for3/8/2011 130 x3 but only on 3 accounts not 6 ??

and this is a good one no van fee on the 2/8/2011 but a waiting charge of 60 ?? how do they get that did mr p--g come the day before his van came as he came on the 3rd august

the best one is though they are not giving me his mr john p--g name as a visiting bailiff and i gave him 352.59 for which they say no receipt issued but i have one here in black and white signed by him on rossendales receipt book with there ref number etc

i also checked him on the register and he,s not on it but an email i got from rossendales said he was certified in june 2011 in stafford court so if he's legal why won't they admit to his visits they keep avoiding my question ?

can anyone tell me the best way to get this sorted as the council wont take the debt back and rossendales to date have added 847.00 to my council tax dwbt and 361.50 to my nndr debt

i will soon owe rossendales more than my debts to the council

helllllllllllllllllp please

Edited by davemandyderby

From what you say they appear to have made a proper dogs dinner of all this, I would not be surprised if they 1st & 2nd Visit Fee on each account and Levy fee for each also. It really is the Bogs Dollocks. I do believe however that Rossendales do have a degree in Enid Blyton stories, so don't be surprised if the letter begins "Once upon a time ...................."

PT

Your answers do make me laugh but you still manage to give so much information

020 3334 6355 call this number and give his name and when he was subsequently certificated and what company he works for, they should tell you where what and who and the dates etc. If he isnt certificated then he is in a heap load of do do and so is Rossers.. :wave: to all at Rossindales

Oh and I forgot to mention that they cannot put the same item on each levy, once they have levied the item is no longer yours, so placing it on another levy makes that levy invalid because you no longer own that item. Its common sense really, not that bailiffs have much of that.. If they did they wouldnt keep doing it and charging for it

http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.dca.gov.uk/consult/distress/annb.pdf

not sure if anyone has read this but it is very usefull

it is to me as the bailiff mr p--h refused to show me any id or his certificate therefore his levy against my car is illegal ? any ideas

just an update i have had some help from a cag member sending letters of formal complaints regarding unfair charges off to them rossendales and my old council

just waiting for a reply now

big thanks to all that have helped i will post an update when i hear anything

dave and mandy

just an update i have had some help from a cag member sending letters of formal complaints regarding unfair charges off to them rossendales and my old council

just waiting for a reply now

big thanks to all that have helped i will post an update when i hear anything

dave and mandy