BankFodder BankFodder

StinkyFeet

Unicom - Problems, accusations and investigation by regulator - Beware!!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1900 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Well I must admit that Unicom have beat any telecoms company I have ever dealt with. Sadly I am right and they have met there match.

To run down my problem, I had telephone and broadband with them, However I moved telephone line to another provider and sadly gave them notice in plenty of time so they couldn't throw there daft out contract fee's at me.

120 days before my broadband with them would automatically roll over to another 3 years, my lovely pc advised me so therefore notice fired off to them. Had to be 90 days minimum notice but 120 days better.

Got confirmation in writing that received and date it would cease.

Day cam and went, router had been removed off line few weeks prior, that was it.

Then I get a bill for full month broadband, ok, simple phone them.

Spoke to lady, advised situation, she had a look at it then said oh yes and apologised, applied relevant discount and as disconnection was few days into the month, left few days outstanding, £5. No problem, paid that using debit card on phone, received receipt in post, all good.

Nope. 2 months later, another bill, called them, advised by one of there bully boys with attitude, broadband aint been turned off, you should know that, errr how exactly, no router connected to line, advised kindly to stick where son dont shine.

Then nasty letter through door, called again, chap with bit better attitude answered, he advised it was there error, they hadn't cancelled in time so the system was showing unpaid usage, advised not my problem, got my disconnection date, paid upto that date and if they forgot to turn it off then that there problem and not mine. He agreed.

6 Months later, in house unicom debt collection letter telling me they ready to fire it into court, emailed them again, advised looking forward to that and to please hurry up as they are boring me and would like a judge to deal with it as fed up talking to these people.

So there it is, Unicom, one hell of a fantastic company who like big words and talk more guff then what comes out my dogs backside after a left over chilli.

Looking forward to court papaers for defence and counter claim, haven't been to Manchester for ages so be a nice day out in the process.

Edited by rebel11
Removed offensive wording

Advice & opinions given by Stinkyfeet are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional. :wink:

Have you read this here?

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

They sound pretty useless! Your main problem however will be that you've mainly dealt with this on the phone. Unless you recorded it there's no proof of what was said.

Keep everything strictly in writing from now on.

Make a formal written complaint, sent recorded, using the info on the page Locutus provided. Detail and number your points and times dates of telephone conversations, what was said etc. Demand a refund for anything paid after the time you properly cancelled, and compensation for your time and distress in sorting this out.

Elsa x

PLEASE NOTE... I AM MOST SORRY BUT I HAVE VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY AT THE MOMENT DUE TO EXTREME PRESSURE OF WORK - IF YOU REQUIRE URGENT HELP ON YOUR THREAD AND ARE GETTING NO RESPONSE PLEASE HIT THE TRIANGLE FOR SITE TEAM ASSISTANCE. ELSA XXX

Please check out my BLOG for the quick guide to debt threats - it has all the info & letter template links you need to get started on your journey of TAKING CONTROL. :roll:

All opinions are my own based on research. I am not legally qualified, if in doubt please consult a legal expert.

Hope this has helped or made you smile. Keep your chin up, you're among friends now! Elsa xxx

Please click the *star* of any CAG member who has helped you .

Ofcom investigates phone firm Unicom after complaints

By Lydia Thomas

You and Yours, Radio 4

Unicom sales people were accused of harassing customers

The communications regulator Ofcom has launched an investigation into the sales practices of the telecoms company Unicom.

The group sells mobile, landline and broadband contracts to small businesses, but customers say the real costs were much higher than promised.

Radio 4's You & Yours was told some businesses were charged twice the original sales offer.

Unicom said it was working to resolve the complaints of unhappy customers.

Ofcom has said the investigation is in its early stages, but will examine whether there are grounds for believing the company has failed to comply with rules for fixed-line suppliers.

http://www.bbc.com/news/business-27026272