style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all.

As this is my first post i'm trying to keep this as legible as possible, bear with me.

For the past three months I have had several DCA's on my back for debts (some are legitimate some are not) and it has reached the point where some are threatening action/home visits and such and frankly phoning my parent's home more than half a dozen times a day.

Most of these debts are relatively minor (the biggest is £133) so obviously i would prefer not to blot my future credit due to bad circumstances at the moment.

My uncle died a few months ago on my 23rd birthday and as i was very close to him i have been suffering from fairly severe depression (which i suffer from anyway) - i ended up quitting uni and have not been working since. Here's the rub, i am also not claiming any benefits of any kind as i would feel wrong doing so. I have been living at home with my parents living on very basic food, not going out, having no money to buy anything etc.

I am just concerned that due to the way things are at the moment i may end up in some kind of trouble that will haunt me in years to come. Any advice on how to deal with these people?

Companies involved: Credit Solutions (Who to be fair to them have been reasonably fair and polite for the most part)

Scott and Co. - Harassing, rude and sometimes seem to be attempting to scare-monger.

Rossendales - Heard about these guys, chasing me up for a TINY bill (£15) harassing, cold calls, threats and rudeness.

Also i have been on to citizens advice but the help they can offer me as things are at the moment is very limited.

Thanks in advance

Farissa/Elliot

You say one of the chasers are Rossendales.. This company are bailiffs.. are they pursuing for a fine or council tax ?

IMHO, you should start to claim any benefits that you might be entitled to. If only to be able to contribute to your parents outgoings.

You need to prioritise any debts that you have, but from what you are saying.. you dont have a mortgage or utility bills or secured loans etc.. so any monies you owe is pretty much equal in priority.

I would imagine that your credit records have already been updated with any defaulted payments. Perhaps you can let us know a little bit more about the debts themselves ..

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Ahh yes apologies.

The rossendales case is nothing more than a £15 payment for remaining services on my broadband when i switched provider which is at this moment disputed anyway.

Others:

Credit Sol: Old mobile and broadband costs: £133 and £44 respectively

Scott: £105 bill for newer phone due to unexpected inability to pay.

Ross: As above stated.

There are a few other small debts totaling around £150 with the two man companies stated above.

Parents: Understood there my dad is retired and my mother is also long-term illness and not claiming anything as my dad has his state pension and so she cannot claim herself for anything (i MAY be wrong here feel free to correct me) so as i said i'm living on £15ish of food total a week (which i am of course grateful for).

I am mainly seeking advice to avoid any of these being taken too far i.e to court.

Thanks for the assistance :)

Edit: No indeed i live at home and only outgoings are £20 a month for home phone/BB and £20 a month for mobile phone.

Edited by Farissa
Addition

I think you and your family need to look into whether you are entitled to be recieiving any benefits. I will send out a couple of S.O.S's for you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hello there and welcome to CAG. I'm a recipient of an SOS for you.

I really think you should look into claiming as you're genuinely ill. I haven't looked at the Benefits forum here yet, but I really think you should ask what you could be entitled to, which I suspect may be ESA. There are some knowledgeable people there.

There's also a benefits calculator which I need to find a link to, will go away and then post it here. Please consider asking on the benefits forum if you haven't already.

http://www.turn2us.org.uk/benefits_search.aspx

My best, HB

• Haha 1

Illegitimi non carborundum