style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3559 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

help, i recieved a ticket in auguts from a eurocarpark which under the insistence of my other half i did not pay. I have now recieved a letter entitled parking charge notice enforcement which says it has got my details from dvla and if i do not pay the now £70 outstanding balance then it WILL be passed to a debt collection agency and further charges WILL apply. I am wavering now, and very tempted to pay up as i really cant afford further charges never mind the 70quid :-( What do i do.....

By "further charges will apply" they mean that the next letter will have a different arbitrary number on it. It doesn't mean you'd have to pay that one either. And by it will "be passed to a debt collection agency" they mean that the next letter will have a different letterhead, and perhaps a red border. Debt collection agencies powers are more or less limited to asking you to pay - do not confuse them with bailiffs. The only way ECP could actually force you to pay this charge would be if they actually took you to court and somehow won. As their MD has admitted that they have never taken anyone to court because of the uncertain legal position, it's not a possibility I would lose too much sleep over.

Hello there, welcome to CAG.

As this ticket isn't from the council or the police, I think you can probably ignore the correspondence. Getting your info from the DVLA for £2.50 is a favourite trick of private parking companies.

Debt collectors are not the same as bailiffs and there's a whole forum here to help people deal with them. They have very few powers.

Please bear with us until a forum expert comes along, which should be later on, and please don't part with any cash until you hear.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

as with all 'speculative invoices'

they are NOT a legal fine

but an attempt to get money from mugs that know no diff.

they have no legal standing at all

and neither do any DCA have any legal powers to do nowt to you.

totally ignore them

and do some reading in this forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore it, it isn't a fine, it is a speculative invoice from a private parking company, not the council of police.

£70 quid my backside, for what? As for passing it onto DCA's good bloody luck, they won't get a penny either, oh and the "extra charges" really? Justify those in a court before a Judge, guarantee they can't nor will they ever want it going to court.

File it away under ignore, the only parking tickets you need to pay are those handed out by Council's or the Police.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I am clearly slowed by last nights activities......beaten again...:smash:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

There is nothing scary about being sent an invoice, there is no law which says you have to respond to letters, emails or phonecalls, just ignore it and get on with your life.