New here...Barclaycard?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3519 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello!

Im wandering if i could have some help finding what im looking for!.I have a barclaycard,with a limit of 500,the balance now has reached over 1000 with the charges they have added,ive looked in the forums,but couldnt see the basic s.a.r template that im looking for? Also when i have recieved statements,how do i figure out the reclaim figure...im not good with numbers at all!!

thanks for reading...Hopefully someone can help! I have other credit cards i intend to start trying to claim back,so this will help also

Thanks again all.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?417-A-Subject-Access-Request-for

Hello, above there are two SAR draft letters. You might want to check which one is suitable for your requirements. Almost certainly you will require your statements for the period you are interested in, in order to reclaim any charges. But it would be useful to have any other data they might hold on you.

So either choose one or amend one to suit your purposes. The Bank has 40 calendar days in which to comply and will cost you £10.00.

Once you have the statements you can start to complete the spreadsheet I have posted below for you :)

[ATTACH]30343[/ATTACH]

Just ask if you dont understand anything.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi

SAR requests are classed as legal docs so you can send them to the registered offices which can be readily obtained on google. Address them to the Data Compliance Manager.

A SAR doesn't actually need to be signed so you can print your name or sign and strike through it. Believe it or not, some banks have been known to "lift" signatures and use them for other purposes.

£10 payment for SAR should be by postal order.

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Hi,thanks for the replys. Today i sent the s.a.r off to barclaycard.I sent recorded.10 pounds post included.So after it comes back i calculate the charges alone or do i add some form of interest?

Hopefully they dont play games

Hi Lost,

Read the Interest Tutorial linked in my signature below. This will explain about claiming Interest in Restitution on top of the actual default charges.

Hopefully they dont play games
That's EXACTLY what they do, to put you off claiming.

They'll maybe say the charges are fair, or they'll repay them but with little or no interest. It varies from case to case. But if you want the most you can get from them, you'll normally have to start court action.

Many other have done this and have won. You need to read other threads to see how it's done.

Here's one in the final throws of settlement - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?309037-**WON**-Charges-older-than-6-years-***REFUNDED-with-Compound-Int-t***

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks for the reply,i went and looked at the thread looks complicated,looks like she done well

I noticed she had emailed them? I looked for the email address but couldnt see it?

When i recieve my docs bk from then ill start working it out. There charges are daft,most banks are. My next culprit will be capital one along with my ppi that they are playing games with. Im still looking for thete phone number to have a word.the operator gave me one that was disconnected. Nice hey

Data Protection Team Dept LRC Barclaycard Northampton NN4 7SG

£10 payable to Baclaycard

barclays said to me their got this address to send in your subject to access report

Edited by iaintw
barclaycard post address of sar

Iaintw is a registered customer services official/profit Protection staff/supermarket worker and who deals with customers

Buying laptops with advice etc

ISP Moderator and chat room helper for chats

Aviationist and train advice

Credit references and bank helper advice

Loss Protection (civil recovery)

Hi Lost,

There's no need to communicate with BC by email at this stage. You're a long way off doing that and, if you do so now, BC may conclude that you don't have the stamina to see the process through properly, and perhaps not take you seriously enough.

You can't cut any corners and, if you want to get the maximum from BC that you can, you have to do it all thoroughly and in the right order.

While you wait for the SAR response, use the time to acquaint yourself with the procedures that you need to employ.

Read, read and read more !! :wink:

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Use the attached spreadsheet to work out your charges claim....Amend the APR figure to show 24.9%

Everything else you need to know is in the thread that Slick linked you to in an earlier post

ims

CISheet.xls

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

Having just got my s.a.r request papers back .for charges,ive discovered in 2005 there was ppi,to 2009 i dont remember agreeing to that whats the procedure to get that back from barclaycard.funny bc said ive nevrr had it

see my sig

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

PPI will be its own claim seperate from the charges claim.

Start a thread in the PPI forum for that and we can guide you through that process too.

ims

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

• 3 weeks later...

Right ive two envelopes. One is statements dating bk to 2005.the other looks like correspondance from me to them,logs of actions and repayments,etc. Im working out my fees tonight on excel,going to take a fair while!

I will include all charges then give it to them,i recieved my offer from capital one for 44£ not bad

Hi Lost,

Use the spreadsheet that IMS linked you to in post #13 above.

Use the credit card Charges Reclaim letter from the Library.