style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello, I came home from work and there was a Notice of Bailiff Attendance which had been given to my daughter. In a blind panic i rang the baliff and he is going to come round on Friday, but i have been reading posts on here and they advise ringing the council to see if they will take the debt back.

If they do will the bailiff stop calling round, Also i am worried because my husband has his taxi parked on our drive would they do anything with that even thou it isnt his.

I am so worried that i dont know what to do for the best either arrange to pay through the baliff or try and sort something out through the council if they will, i just dont know what to do i am so scared.

How old is your daughter?

If you go to the Council they will tell you they cannot help and you have to deal with the Bailiff. There is no law that says you have to deal with or speak to a Bailiff. If he is coming on Friday whatever happens do not let him into your home no matter what he says or threatens. Do you know how much the Liability Order is for as confirmed by the Council. The Bailiff will keep coming round until he realises he is not getting anything out of you and will move on but this could take 3 months or more. If the car is sign written as a Taxi it would be a stupid Bailiff - silly me they are all like that - who would seize it. If you have another vehicle I would move it ASAP or sell it to someone you can trust. For as long as the Bailiff is prevented from seizing any goods they are yours to do with as you like - give them away, sell on or donate to your favourite charity even.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi my daughter is 16. I have 2 LO orders one is for £1100 and the other one is for £535. I do have another car but it is on HP. Do you think it is wise just to pay them off and have done with it i could always borrow the money from my friend to get away from them.

If you know you can borrow the money from a firend and are sure you can repay her without any damage to your friendship, then I'd be inclined to get them paid off. The alternative will be bailiffs and this could be upsetting for you. So far all the bailiff can legitimately charge you is £24.50 if you are in England (slightly less if in Wales)

Horses and I are one!

no pay the council via their payment line

or

via internet banking

using the info on the bills

have nothing to do with the bailiff ever

you dont have to pay it all

just a reasonable sum on a regular basis.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Which one should i do ??? I dont want them anywhere near so would it be just easier knowing that it is all settled paying the baliff or council direct.

If i paid the council direct wouldnt the baliffs still come around.

Which one should i do ??? I dont want them anywhere near so would it be just easier knowing that it is all settled paying the baliff or council direct.

If i paid the council direct wouldnt the baliffs still come around.

Well they would but if you had paid before the visit on friday, and added an extra £24.50 for a visit fee, the liability should be discharged, there would be no debt imho,

the council may refuse your payment, in whichcase you could ask the person refusing at the counter to give you a note to that effect, them pay it in using the online system., and you could wave a receipt at him when he calls.OUTSIDE and tell him to go away, but others will know more

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

the bailiff will still call i bet no matter what you do

having been through this 3 times with my council over the years

and after numerous threads on here of other people doing the same.......

pay via the automated phone line or via internet banking

either way you have no contact with the council anyhow

then if the silly bailiff calls

just wave proof that you are paying in installments to the council

tell him to go away

i would not even enter into any dialogue with him regarding fees

refer him to the council for his fees - endoff

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

At present you have incurred Bailiff Fees of £24-50 only, another visit if they call on Friday will add an extra £18-00 providing of course you prevent him gaining entry to your home or otherwise obtaing a levy on your goods. If this happens then the goalposts move.

Even if you are able to pay in full before he calls again he will no doubt insist that you still owe more. Whichever way you decide to pay make sure you get a receipt which has both date & time stamp to it.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi my daughter is 16. I have 2 LO orders one is for £1100 and the other one is for £535. I do have another car but it is on HP. Do you think it is wise just to pay them off and have done with it i could always borrow the money from my friend to get away from them.

Why put yourself in the position of "borrowing" when all you are doing is swapping one debt for another? Tackle this head on..if the bailiff calls ignore him, follow the tried and tested advice given on here and you will find the bailiff will eventually disappear.

WD