advice please- parking charge Leeds NHS trust hospitals

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I parked on double yellow lines with a disabled blue badge in the car park of St james hospital leeds. I have parked in the same spot about 30 times before and never got a ticket, until today.

On previous occasions security have ok'd it for me to park in the particulr spot as disabled bays are hard to find, however i am told for the last few months the security guards in questions have been made redundant and the traffic flow in the car park including parking restrictions is now over seen by a nhs hospital ticket warden. Whilst there has always been signs saying to park in marked bays and disabled people must park in disabled bays i have always been told i could park by the previously employed security guards

I have read a lot on here which basically says ignore the ticket/fine. I was silly enough to appeal as i was outraged at the ticket given my previous authority to park there, I have also seen others use the space on the double yellows. The appeals number asked me who was driving, I refused to say whom but they have my address now and my name.

They said if my appeal fails which i expect it to do, they use newlyns debt collection.

The fine is £60 reduced to £40 if i pay within 14 days

My question is , will Newlyns take me to court if i tell them to clear off,.

Can someone point me out with a drafted letter advising them to !!!!!! off,

Also main question is , how come people say on forums ,that these type of parking companies wont take you to court,

My reasoning is because If i owed any other type of business money for example if i did not pay for goods, then would they not call in baliffs for that amount, so what makes this parking ticket any different should i ignore it,

Sorry to be a pain but i have just had 4 months off work with stress and I do not know whethe

r to pay for it to go away as I cant be doing with threatening letters which will no doubt come if i ignore it

this is the notice

The details

PARKING CHARGE NOTICE

LEEDS TEACHING HOSPITALS NHS TRUST

A PARKING CHARGE MUST BE PAID WITHIN 28 DAYS FROM THE ISSUE OF THIS NOTICE

PCN NO *************

VEHICLE REGISTRATION NUMBER *********

MAKE RENAULT COLOUR GOLD

YOUR VEHICLE WAS SEEN IN THE FOLLOWING LOCATION

SJUH - CHANCELLORS WING

ON 21/09/2011 AT 11:05

BY: TRAFFIC OFFICER: 17

WHOM HAD REASONABLE CAUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE FOLLOWING PARKING CONTRAVENTION HAD OCCURED

PARKING ON DOUBLE YELLOW LINES

PARKING CHARGES

A PARKING CHARGE OF £60 MUST BE PAID WITHIN 28 DAYS FROM THE ISSUE OF THIS NOTICE

THIS WILL BE REDUCED TO £20 IF PAID WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THIS NOTICE

IF NO PAYMENT IS RECIEVED AFTER 28 DAYS, THIS PARKING CHARGE MAY BE PASSED TO A THIRD PART WHO WILL SEEK TO RECOVER THE FULL PARKING CHARGE FROM THE REGISTERED VEHICLES OWNER

DO NOT PAY THE TRAFFIC OFFICER

Thankyou for your swift reply. when i get the drivvel through the post, do i write a letter in response, or do i ignore them all.

I find it weird that the hospital doesnt use a parking company, they issue their own tickets

Hello again. I suspect the advice will be ignore, but I'll let the guys tell you.

When you get the letter, it may be cleverly worded to make you panic. Come back here and tell us what it says and people will talk you through it. Don't send money without checking it here, it's highly unlikely you need to pay anything.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thankyou for your swift reply. when i get the drivvel through the post, do i write a letter in response, or do i ignore them all.

I find it weird that the hospital doesnt use a parking company, they issue their own tickets

Hello again. Didn't you just post that above?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Any communication with them will be seen as a sign of weakness and only make them target you more. Totally ignoring them is the best way to go (until they are brave enough, or should that be stupid enough, to actually submit a real court claim against you)

Edited by crem

• 2 weeks later...

I appealed the ticket and did not hear anything, so i rung the parking office up at the hospital, they told me they had posted the answer out to me regarding the appeal, they refused to discuss on the phone

Turns out they sent it to number 14, i live at 17, I gave them my correct address. I told them they had sent it to the wrong address, and they asked me again for the correct address to re send the appeal letter too

I refused to give them it as i explained they should of wrote it down correctly to begin with, i also said they shuld get it from dvla. The lady on the phone asked me why i had attitude and said if i do not co-operate i will come off worse should newlyns get involved. I said i took that as then my appeal has been rejected ,she said i did not say that

Anyway, if they have sent correspondance to the wrong address how would that stand up in court. Theyre adament they take non payers through as they put it the legal process

So now they will get my info from the dvla

What should i expect from Newlyns and do they normally take people to court for this kind of matter. I am told that the NHS take people to court

And you've had it here.

Post 2: Ignore this

Post 11: ignoring them is the best way to go

Post 12: Ignore ignore ignore ignore

Then you say "I appealed the ticket and did not hear anything, so i rung the parking office up at the hospital"

I can understand that you are concerned, but seriously - why ask for advice if you're going to disregard it and do the exact opposite?

You want to know if they will take you to court? No they won't. The best thing to do is ignore them.

If Op has contacted them, they have partly engineered their future extra junk mail imho, Ignoring them makes them go away more quickly as the fish as not taken the bait

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

And you've had it here.

Post 2: Ignore this

Post 11: ignoring them is the best way to go

Post 12: Ignore ignore ignore ignore

Then you say "I appealed the ticket and did not hear anything, so i rung the parking office up at the hospital"

I can understand that you are concerned, but seriously - why ask for advice if you're going to disregard it and do the exact opposite?

m.

i said on the 1st post that i had appealed, even before i posted on here, so i have not ignored advice. ok i rung them but only to see where the appeal letter was . Now i know the idiots have sent it to the wrong address i am leaving well alone