Hopeful of Refund!

sparkiestfiend
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new here, I just wanted to let you know that I've just posted my first letter off to Smile, requesting a refund of £550.69 for unlawful charges - I've only been with them for about 18 months, so I was really shocked when I added up the charges, mostly these were down to uncleared funds in the bank account rather than cleared funds!

I'm unsure what to do next and what sort of response to expect from Smile - any advice would be appreciated,

I'll keep you posted as to what happens.

Hi

Welcome to the forum, the more people we have on board the more strength we have to fight these unlawful charges. Glad to see that you have started the process. However, I am sure you still have a great many questions, and would therefore advise that you to have a look at the FAQ's:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

In the same section you will also find a step-by-step guide which will help you through the process. The most important thing to do though, is to spend time looking through the forum at the experiences of others.

It is advisable to spend at least two days doing this - I understand that you are in a hurry to get your money back - but time spent now in learning and understanding the process will benefit you later. It could also save you from

making costly mistakes.

All the best with your claim. Please keep us informed of your progress, and remember that we are all in this together. If you meet any problems, or have questions that are not answered elsewhere (and most have been), please post them to the forum.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Well, its been three weeks and I haven't heard a dickie bird from Smile! Second letter went off at the end of last week and I'm keeping everything crossed!

Any encouragement from those who have been successful would be a huge help.

I must admit I'm a bit scared about the next step of going to court, but I guess it'll have to be done!

Try not to worry, there is always a chance it will go to Court, but I'd doubt it

Keep it up

Barclays - £4k - Hearing Date 19th Sept 06

Smile - £370 - Refunded in Full

Capitla One - £100 LBA 25/5

Virgin ? Data Protection Act 25/5

Each bank seems to go for a slightly different tact...

perhaps these are playing the "I've got my eyes closed, so you can't see me" game

:)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 4 weeks later...

How is this going? Any news? Smile are in line for some letters from me so any update would be appreciated.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Success!!!!!!! I've just come back from being on holiday for three weeks and checked my smile bank account, not only have they refunded the charges,but they've added on an extra £60. I'm absolutley delighted, I can finally close the account and be done with it.

I just want to say a huge thank you to all here who've helped steer me in the right direction! I'm off to make a donation now to Amazon!

Thanks again,

Sparkiestfiend.

Oh well done. Congrats. I think smile are being quite good compared to other banks. :D

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/07/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6537 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks