Jump to content


Offer Made


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

 

Please click the "Report " link

 

at the bottom of one of the posts.

 

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

 

Thanks

Recommended Posts

Hello, I wonder of you can give me any advise, I am claiming on behalf of my B/F, Basically we worked out the amount and it came to £1,600. We posted them a LBA about 4 weeks ago. Yesterday we filed through moneyclaim, the amount with interest and the fee was alot more.

Only this morning we received a letter from the bank offering us £1,500, I have checked with moneyclaim and my claim has just been issued.

The letter also states that this is a one off offer and if we accept we cannot claim for anymore, what do we do, do we decline and say thats it in the moneyclaim:-o Any advise will be great

Link to post
Share on other sites

More often than not HSBC will make their first offer a partial one. They did with me. I cannot advise you what to do but I can recommend to write back to them accepting the offer as PART settlement and make it clear that you intend to continue persuing the remainder of the money with mcol. I did this and four days later received a full offer.

 

If you read around you will see that most people who have received full offers, also received partial offers prior to this.

 

Good luck and stick to your guns!!

 

Louise

Link to post
Share on other sites

weezypoos is right. They did the same with me, waiting to the last minute with a part offer. My claim was issued when I got their offer, I wrote back that I only accept it as partial payment and will pursue my claim, AS THEY WILL FIND OUT SOON and I GAVE THEM MORE TIME, THEN THEY GIVE CUSTOMERS TO PAY THEM BACK! Couldn't stop myself from give them that.

They defendet the claim, but pulled back 2 weeks later and offered the full amount.

Sit back and relax!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, HSBC requested a schedule of my BF charges, we sent them out with the interest added as it already gone through MCOL, ending date is the 20th, what do you think will happen now. As previously they did offer us a settlement but it came a few days after we had gont through MC. They stated on the letter that we had 14 days to reply otherwise it would go to court. Have we dont the right thing?:o

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont panic, yes you have done the right thing

just sit back and wait!

I QUESTION THEREFORE I AM!! [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

 

Unfortunately i'm not an expert in any given field legally and my advice and that of the Consumer Action Group and the Bank Action Group is given without prejudice and without liability so please if in any doubt whatsoever seek help from an insured qualified professional. Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions and not condoned or endorsed in any way, shape or form by CAG. Thank you! :p

 

 

I have been smoke-free for 4yrs

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.


  • Have we helped you ...?


×
×
  • Create New...