• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

First post to say hello and find out swifts state of play

meellis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was made bankrupt just over a year ago but my swift secured loan was not included

. I am really struggling to make payments of £850 a month at the moment

. I borrowed £67k which, like most of you seem to indicate as happened to you, has turned into £69k after they added set up costs instead of taking them off.

Some of the agreements I have viewed on here are like mine with very little important details on and even though I am not totally clued up on these agreements I kept on looking at thinking things don't seem right.

Currently I owe them £75k after paying aprrrox £32k I came to this site through reading the headlines on the fine they received so I googled them and ended up here.

Like most people I assumed that what they were doing was correct and I was just too stupid or made to feel too desperate so I have to be stuck with this loan.

I am sure that if you could contact a lot of their customers they would probably be unaware and assume that they would have to live with the conditions they are placed under.

I have been trawling through a lot of the posts but there is a lot so could anyone inform me to where anybody has reached in their cases against this company.

Has anybody had a victory or feel they are close to a victory yet.

From reading here I feel I have quite a few points in a fight against the terms of this loan and probably a case of being mis-sold it.

It was suppossed to be a short term loan to consilidate other debts and arrears but looking at redemption costs it would have proved to be the most expensive way of doing things ever.

I need to look into what I can do about this arangement but I don't know where to start or who to contact.

I have spoken to FSA and all the others but I need to lodge a complaint but am unsure where.

Thanks everyone.

As I posted for the first time the other day I am very interested in the position swift and the unfortunate customers are in. Like many I just assumed that I was stupid enough to take the loan then I am stuck with it. I didn't realise anything until I read the news of their fine and then googled them to find all of these complaints. As I said on my post I have been made bankrupt but that doesn't cover secured loans so Swift have made sure I have to make large payments to them. Because I have only just started to question this I am not in a position to go legal yet but I am positive i have to do something about it or I could end up paying a small fortune to them without actually clearing anything. If I get to a position then I would certainly be interested but I really am trying to find the advice I require before any of that.

Hi I am sorry to here you went bankrupt, however, I do not understand how you still owe Swift any money as my understanding is that when you go bankrupt it clears all of your debts so you can start fresh. Did you enter the Swift debt into the bankruptcy or did some one tell you that you could not put it in, I would love here what happened.

Unfortunatly I was made bankrupt for £3200 by a supplier. I am an heating engineer and I had staff so when we had the long lay-off with bad weather a couple of winters ago my cash flow stopped. Because of the secured loan my bank wasn't interested in helping even though I had loads of work and loads of customers. Fought it for as long as I could but with the competition for work increasing people were and still are pricing jobs stupidly low. The house is one I have bought with my parents using their 60% right to buy discount but unfortunatly the people who put me in touch with the agent for swift did the last mortgage in my name only so the deeds are in my name only so I have to fight to be able to keep the property by selling my rights to another party, hopefully my parents. Even then though I am still liable for the mortgage and secured loan. The loan was so high because it had to clear a previous loan I had to get the business going and I think I overpayed on the redemption for this (capstone mortgages). I beleive I could have a case for being mis-sold these products as well as the faults with the way they do business and generally treat customers. I know it sounds like sour grapes because of the position I find myself in but I don't beleive I should be bankrupt and maybe I have been ripped of by so many financial institutions, with PPI and bank charges, that I run out of money for myself. I am getting fed up of people telling me that people have borrowed to much they don't seem to realise that people have lent to much as well , people wouldn't have borrowed if they couldn't. The thing is we need to be able to borrow what we don't need is the pure greed from the lenders who are finding everyway possible to charge as much as they can. Now I have to do what I can to save the family home and rebuild my life and a good and neccessary start would be to sort out Swift because I am unable to re-finance this any other way.